sygi@gmx.net

DayZ Standalone rlly?

probably around 15 dollars for early adopters. After that ~30; he said he was following the minecraft model.

So, are we Alpha players going to get if for free? I bought Arma for DayZ, it's stupid to have to pay again!

So, are we Alpha players going to get if for free? I bought Arma for DayZ, it's stupid to have to pay again!

You're stupid for expecting to get it for free.

• Like 22

Less than it would cost you to buy an AS50 and a Rangefinder IRL, and also less than a treadmill, so DayZ will remain your best option for duck-shooting as well as your best running simulator.

• Like 22

Rocket and his team didnt see a penny of that money spent on Arma, so considering the time and effort theyre putting into the project i wouldnt mind buying a "finished" standalone product, as long as it wasnt extortionately priced.

• Like 3

i wouldnt personally pay for dayz without a humanity function or zombies being made more terrifying

You're stupid for expecting to get it for free.

So when it becomes standalone, I'll be forced to buy the game? Stupid.

The transition is too fast and he should at least inform everyone about it many months before

Edited by TSAndrey

You never paid for DayZ.

Not only would I pay for DayZ if it became standalone, I'd donate to a kickstarter fund too.

Edited by Swineflew
  • Like 6

The transition is too fast and he should at least inform everyone about it many months before

He has been saying it for a while.

And you bought ARMA 2, not DayZ. DayZ is just a mod. You really expect that when/if the actual standalone game (which should be much more refined than DayZ) comes it's perfectly fine for Rocket and his team to miss out on 900k+ sales?

Yeah you're stupid.

• Like 5

He has been saying it for a while.

And you bought ARMA 2, not DayZ. DayZ is just a mod. You really expect that when/if the actual standalone game (which should be much more refined than DayZ) comes it's perfectly fine for Rocket and his team to miss out on 900k+ sales?

Yeah you're stupid.

How about us Alpha players getting it for free (since we have Arma) but new players have to buy the game? Most reasonable solution

How about us Alpha players getting it for free (since we have Arma) but new players have to buy the game? Most reasonable solution

I'm just going to ignore you now. Too stupid to respond to.

• Like 11

Nobody is FORCING you to buy it. If you don't want to-playsomething else. And yeah, standalone is at least several month away right now.

Rocket and his team will be investing their time in the development of standalone game, time=money. It is totally reasonable to expect it to not be free

How about you already got DayZ for free, so you actually buy it next time?

• Like 4

You will not be forced to buy anything. If you don't want to buy it then don't play it ;)

Edit;

Actually what do you do for a living?

let me put it like this. If you are a kitchen fitter and I pay you to fit a new kitchen for me, I pay you.

In a few years I want a new kitchen, do I get it for free this time because I bought it before?

Edited by SponceUK

I hope it will be more content at the standalone game cause dayz now i wouldnt buy there is not that much end content I hope they will expand the map :D and add more weapons

• Like 1

I hope it will be more content at the standalone game cause dayz now i wouldnt buy there is not that much end content I hope they will expand the map :D and add more weapons

The fact that you researched enough to find out it was going to be standalone, but not that they were adding new features kind of bugs me.

Edit: The fact that it's in Alpha alone means there is going to be new content. but you're being polite so I hate to sound rude, but yes, there are a lot of features in the works.

Edited by Swineflew
  • Like 4

Rocket said 30 dollars in a livestream interview.

He also said it was a number he picked randomly at the top of his head.

Do you have mental issues? I think you do. It's fine if you do, by the way. I'm not criticizing. I just want to understand why you're an idiot, is all.

• Like 4

The fact that you researched enough to find out it was going to be standalone, but not that they were adding new features kind of bugs me.

sry my friend just told me that it will become standalone :/

• Like 1