Sign in to follow this  
daniellol1

Blood bags!!!

Next update can you allow to use blood bags on yourself? Kinda sucks the game glitched and i started bleeding randomly so i went and got a blood bag and i can even use it. If any one want to help me with the blood ill give an ak-74 and ammo.

I think they're supposed to really represent a transfusion.

At least, that's why I think of them as requiring two people.

Next update can you allow to use blood bags on yourself? Kinda sucks the game glitched and i started bleeding randomly so i went and got a blood bag and i can even use it. If any one want to help me with the blood ill give an ak-74 and ammo.

This is a fair request.....

I like to play solo, and if I need a heal I have to hunt animals and hope I have an ax, matches, nd a hunting knife. Then it only gives me 800 health per time I eat. I'm sure in a REAL situation, I could give myself an I.V. or a shot.

Perhaps add mini bloodbags for the solo player.

Change this to blood bag and change the effect.

Then introduce a transfusion kit. It takes some health from one player and transfers it to another.

they're in the game to promote teamwork presumably, yet you all want that removed.

take a risk, ask a medic to do it, just don't bitch and moan because they don't work exactly how you want them.

you can get 7k health from a cow. over half the pool. use the tools provided to you.

No.

And the game didn't glitch. You fucked up and got hit somewhere and it didn't make you bleed then. You logged out and now you are bleeding.

It happens. Be more vigilant in your play, and you won't get pwned by newbie things.

With that said, play on, playah!

I suppose they are there to promote co-op. If you are low on blood and a loner the best thing to do is kill an animal and eat it to regain blood.

No i didn't fuck up i used a bandage on my self and stopped bleeding but randomly i just started to bleed i was inside a closed building and i just started to bleed.

Food could really use a slight buff to blood recovery. I love multiplayer games that can be played like a singleplayer, except when it becomes a game of "never make a mistake" and "make sure you've got morphine before you try crawling through anymore doorways".

I'm pro-realism when it comes to games (or mods in this case) that try to fill the gap of something that should've been around a long time ago but... 60 tins of beans/pasta/sardines to go from minimum to maximum blood (and 40 to fend off ALL negative effects)? Roughly an extra can of food for every few seconds of bloodloss? Meat is not bad but you better already have the matches, wood/hatchet and hunting knife ready.

Those cans of food need a blood buff. Or maybe let small contributions come from canned drinks too. Would be breaking the game to let people just use lakes for a full recovery, unless extremely slowly however.

No i didn't fuck up i used a bandage on my self and stopped bleeding but randomly i just started to bleed i was inside a closed building and i just started to bleed.

I bet you were prone.

Listen I'm a solo bandit and I shoot on sight, but even I know that you don't take away one of the only tools that rely on teamwork to even further promote solo play.

I'm sure in a REAL situation, I could give myself an I.V. or a shot.

I don't doubt you honestly, but in Iraq I wanted to make sure that I could do just that. Ya know, so if I had a limb blown off or something and a medic couldn't get to me in time I might be able to do it myself. So, during a CLS (Combat Life Saver) recertification I asked to do it myself. So, I gave myself an I.V. (very similar in practice to a transfusion I would gather), it took about an hour to do it under very perfect and sterile conditions. Not saying it's impossible, but I would reckon that most people would NOT be able to do it by themselves. And that is with trained people...

Edited by Deus19D

Speaking of blood bags, I feel like now instead of zombies breaking legs almost every single time they hit you, they make you bleed on the first strike 99.99% of the time. I played for 4 hours earlier today, and each time I was spotted by a zombie and allowed one to hit me, they always caused me to bleed. EVERY time. I know that's realistic, scratches and bites and what not... but it was never this often before. I'm going through bandages like crazy when you combine that with the fact that even sneaking is borderline impossible in towns with a high density of zeds. And I mean crouch walking/crawling. They still spot me if I'm in there line of sight and at ranges of 50+ meters away. It's pretty rough, but I'll survive. I carry 4 bandages minimum now, and 4 pistol mags(Not so bad since with the gun nerfs, the G17 became my new favorite due to the noise level, easy to use iron sites, accuracy and ammo capacity).

I kind of agree with OP. I like playing with groups, but sometimes I will either get into a horrible situation (like 800 blood in Cherno), where I cant actually get to my group, and they cant get to me (snipers everywhere). At that point, you are literally screwed. You faint too often to get anywhere, and you cant get a blood-pack from someone.

IMO make it so that if used on self, it only adds 50% (6k) rather than the full 12k. Even 3k would be fair. Maybe even have it only possible when your blood is UNDER 5k (i.e. you are suseptible to fainting). Im all for not making bandit play even more OP (really, it is), but I dont like games that present you with a "hah you're screwed" situation that is unpreventable. And while I appreciate the "dont get screwed by newbie stuff", we all make mistakes.

As the game (mod) is now you should be able to do it your self. With just about everyone Shooting at everyone, it's almost impossible to get a transfusion from someone. Unless you go "outside" the game and get friends/medics on the forum to help you. If the KoS were to reduce, beeing two is the best way to promote aliances created in-game. IMO

As the game (mod) is now you should be able to do it your self. With just about everyone Shooting at everyone, it's almost impossible to get a transfusion from someone. Unless you go "outside" the game and get friends/medics on the forum to help you. If the KoS were to reduce, beeing two is the best way to promote aliances created in-game. IMO

If you think the game is too "KOS" then why would you promote solo blood bags? Needing someone for a blood bag encourages group play.

• Like 1

The function of the blood bags needs to stay as it is. You should be rewarded for playing as a team. Team play is just as hard, if not harder then solo play. Best thing to do is find someone who can help, or keep using a bandage to fix it.

You need to take chances. Just like if this was "real life" you would have to take chances and ask for help. Would there be some people who kill on sight? Yes, but having the blood bags require teamwork will not change how many people will KoS.

The function of the blood bags needs to stay as it is. You should be rewarded for playing as a team. Team play is just as hard, if not harder then solo play. Best thing to do is find someone who can help, or keep using a bandage to fix it.

Wat ? How is team play "just as hard, if not harder then solo play" ? A 4-6 man group can steamroll any situation thrown at them, except for another 4-6 man group, then starts the real fun.

What, so you take blood from yourself and place it back into yourself? wat

Wat ? How is team play "just as hard, if not harder then solo play" ? A 4-6 man group can steamroll any situation thrown at them, except for another 4-6 man group, then starts the real fun.

There are pro's and con's to team play. Yes, you can help bandage each other up and help loot. At the same time, it is easier for bandits/Z's to see a group moving through a city then a single person. You become a bigger target. You attract less attention when you play solo. I've also seen where 1 bandit takes out a group. If a single person makes a mistake, you whole team can be put in jeopardy.

Sure, add random bags of blood around the place with a random chance to get dirty blood giving yourself AIDS.

• Like 1

I was going to read the whole thread but thought fuck it!!!! :|

Why do you need blood bags? just asking, why? all you need is matches,knife and axe. Job done!!! :D

Your a pussy if you want to self administer blood bags!! Find a animal abuse it, then take the meat, cook, hey presto 800 blood!!! ;)

Abuse a few more animals you back to full health in no time!! :)

BTW to abuse an animal as opposed to killing it, is Alt-A then you get more meat for your catch!!! (Joke!!)) <_<

Edited by Itchy