Chewbacca Jesus

The Game Is Now Un-Playable.

So many screen tears and graphical glitches, especially around Stary so I have no idea where I'm going because I literally can't see anything. Any fixes?

Yup same here. At berezino as well. 2/3 of my screen is just twilight zone tears and crap.

oh and don't forget about the actual time to connect to game - that's gotten even worse - up from +/3 minutes to +8.

nice work, nice.

Oh and that's if you're lucky enough to actually load to completion (and this is if you have the matching BETA patch and DayZ version as the server does), and don't get stuck at "forever loading screen". God help you if you somehow mismatch the DayZ or BETA version. then you're definitely gonna have to alt-F4.

• Like 1

Same thing happend to me but after a game restart it was fine, are you sure the hot weather isnt affecting your pc negatively?

Same here. Can't play at all. Please hotfix this soon or atleast a manual fix!

The graphical glitches you all are seeing, is something about the already dead Military bodies in locations like Berezino, Stary, or Cherno. Avoid places with military corpses and you'll be fine until they fix it.

• Like 1

Same thing was happening to me in Berezino, I just look towards the direction of the graphical errors, then restarted my game, it ended working for me and my friends.

Edited by yankee203

Back when i started trying to play earlier (2 hours ago) the game loaded pretty quickly but i couldn't see anything through the glitches. Since then i either can't find a working server or the game just wont load. Constantly staring at loading screens irritates me & makes me wish i'd never heard about DayZ. Sometimes i wish it would just disappear until it works (Or is beaten by competitors) I love this game when it works but that's only about 20% of the time. I'm a patient person when it comes to amazing things but pretty soon 20% is not gonna be enough for me.

this new update is so messed up, many servers r still in 1.7.2.3 and there r like a million versions of 1.7.2.4 cuz i cant join most of them

Hey guys, Let me tell you a little secret

ITS AN ALPHA SHUT THE F*%$ UP

these kind of error shouldnt be in even alpha, unless u study computer science in community college

• Like 2

these kind of error shouldnt be in even alpha, unless u study computer science in community college

hahah, very good point!

Keep pretending like you know what you're talking about while typing like a teenage girl. U NO WUT I MEEN?

• Like 3

Alphas don't typically include game breaking glitches, because they are meant to be played and tested. An Alpha means the game has moved past the point where a glitch can occur that will make it entirely unplayable. The kind of graphical glitch that is occurring is a broken file in the patch.

Also, this isn't an alpha, and the term "alpha" is thrown around in the developer community now so much it's lost its real meaning.

It barely even registers as a Beta.

It's more like a glitchy mod for Arma 2.

Edited by LordRayken
  • Like 2

Encountered this too. Actually got in a hilarious firefight today at green mountain. The whole thing was glitched and you couldn't see one foot in front of you. Someone started shooting an AK in my general direction so I just sprayed over 100 rounds out of my MK48 and noticed I got a bandit kill, Hahah. I was cracking up for about 5 minutes. Poor guy.

The strange thing is this isn't happening on every single server. I was on my server at the NW Airfield in the industrial compound, and noticed it near the north barracks so I figured it was just a new glitch for the wire fencing. Then I started seeing it in areas where there were crashed humvees and already dead military zombies. Switched servers(I admit, I hopped here to check to see if it would be the same in that location on another server) and to my surprise, no glitches even though the placement of those humvees and corpses are static. So I really don't know what the issue is. It's definitely something to do with the game. It's happening for people with both ATI and Nvidia GPUs and on the latest drivers (some running beta drivers even). This needs to be fixed immediately as it makes playing damn near impossible. If you want us to test the game, let us test the game. We can't the way it is. :\

Edited by KField86
  • Like 1

Alpha should be about testing the game/gamplay, NOT about having to do numerous updates/downgrades due to the updates being screwy!

I am more than happy to test the game, report bugs, take part in Q&A and give opinions on the game... BUT at Alpha, it shouldn't be about trying to get the thing to run in the first place, at least not on NEARLY EVERY upgrade!

Keep pretending like you know what you're talking about while typing like a teenage girl. U NO WUT I MEEN?

GL on ur college app to green mountain community college :)

Seems to be associated with dead soldier bodies that are decorative, noticed it around the NWAF and at Green Mountain, glitches seemed to radiate from these decorative corpses.

Alphas don't typically include game breaking glitches, because they are meant to be played and tested. An Alpha means the game has moved past the point where a glitch can occur that will make it entirely unplayable. The kind of graphical glitch that is occurring is a broken file in the patch.

Also, this isn't an alpha, and the term "alpha" is thrown around in the developer community now so much it's lost its real meaning.

What?

Alpha is pre-beta dude....

Alpha is very early game-play / concept testing. This is all about testing game play and implementing ideas. Seeing what works and what doesn't...

Do be aware that bug fixes are not as high on a developers priorities at this stage as they would be further down the line.

Any form of game tester would know this.

Edited by ScramUK

You don't get the power to label what is and isn't an alpha. The word's usage is more prevalent because more developers are exposing their alphas for either testing, hype, or to show progress. Rocket has said this mod is around 10 percent complete, you are obliged to believe him.

More to the thread at hand, emboldened for visibility

1) Turn off anti aliasing and the newly added features (AToC, FXAA, PPAA) Then re-enable as is possible

2) http://www.reddit.co...es_artifacting/

3) Lower object detail to low

4) Restart Game

5) Set Video Memory to Default (Forgot this one, thanks Mistikal)

So far these are the fixes that exist, and work for many including myself. Try them

Edited by Stukes