Being a bandit it myself and watching peoples play styles. I've noticed there are more and more types of bandits going around. But what are you!

Asshole bandit:

A bandit who just runs up and down the coast with heavy weapons killing new spawned people just for the hell of it.

COD Bandit:

A bandit who just grabs a weapon and just runs around main citys, not caring about zombies and just killing players.

Opps Bandit:

A bandit who pretty much was forced to kill another player in self defence and becomes a bandit.

Basic bandit:

A bandit who will kill anyone on sight no matter who or where it is. Looting there ass afterwards.

Fucked up bandit:

A bandit who will do fucked up and twisted things to other people in order to make there death and slow and painful one.

Troll bandit:

A bandit who will trick people into thinking an area is safe after shooting them, saying they heard the shots and they'll help, only to get them out into the open to finish them off.

NW bandit:

A bandit who will just sit at NW airfield all day every day once getting some better gear, killing everyone they dare nears the area.

Got any more?

Opps Bandit:

A bandit who pretty much was forced to kill another player in self defence and becomes a bandit

but now i have to self defence agaisnt all survivors as they try to kill me :( never get away from banditness

Basic Bandit

Walking around corners too quick makes survivors shoot whether your a bandit or not... I got sick of people shooting me without checking. So I simply kill them first

And not give them the chance.

Probably a mix between a Basic Bandit and a Troll Bandit, though I don't do that too often.

It started as these.

Opps Bandit:

Basic bandit:

It evolved into this now.

Fucked up bandit:

And i've done this recently for lulz, lure the guy out by lying then kneecapping him etc.

Troll bandit:

Im a Troll bandit or a Fucked Up Bandit.

I like shooting their legs and making them die slowly! or when i just spawn make a lot of ruckass and go to the nearest player and make them die with me!

I also like throwing smokes in buildings i know there are players in! Or watch players trade blood while i toss a grenade beside them hahahahaa

I don't look for violence...I am mix of common bandit.. and oops.. I sometimes like to hunt down players..

Initially, the fucked up kind that sat in a tower on nighttime servers looking for people crawling around lit areas and popped shots in them.

More recently;

The Humble Bandit: Happy to encounter a fellow player if they state their business and keep their distance, will help a player if they seem friendly (but only from a distance), apart from that if you don't appear friendly, xoxo.

Bandit Bandit (Fucked up I guess?)

Stalk, cripple (leg shot) steal purse, leave the guy be.

Opps Bandit:

A bandit who pretty much was forced to kill another player in self defence and becomes a bandit

but now i have to self defence agaisnt all survivors as they try to kill me :( never get away from banditness

^This.

It's bred an utter hatred for Survivors.

Yeah I remember the times when I wanted to leave people alone only to get a makarov shoved up my ass just minutes later. 2 days into playing all I wanted was to tear peoples eyes out with my hunting knife. I think eventually we all turn bandit, its just a matter of how much backstabbing you can take before you fight back. If your not one of my friends your a threat.

I'm the basic bandit.

I'm just on my way with my friend, if you happen to be standing in the way, then cool, more beans.

We don't shoot newly spawned people though, kinda unfair unloading into people carrying makarov's.

I'm all and occasionally a friendly/helpful bandit where I'll recruit a survivor partner for a little while. After playing with them for a couple sessions I'm able to gauge whether the player is an asset or a liability. Although, I've never back stabbed a useless player I grouped with, I usually just cease communication and remove them from steam/skype/etc.

I would say I'm more of an 'Extreme Survivor'. I don't hide behind the excuse that I 'shot in self defence'. I shoot to kill regardless, people are a threat to my survival and the rest is just game theory.

I live up north where people generally always shoot on sight, they have more to lose and are often better players. So I simply do the same, kill without hesitation when able, hide when not.

But what is annoying is that my kill count keeps dropping. I got it up to 6 kills, but now its down to 2. Go figure.

you forgot Stalker bandit (me):

bandit who will not kill unless necessary, but will spot people, track them. wait for them to get good loot. fire a warning shot. tell them to leave the good gear or die. simple way to keep humanity above survivor levels but still be a bandito.

Opps Bandit:

A bandit who pretty much was forced to kill another player in self defence and becomes a bandit.

I'm here to stay alive and if people threaten me its most likely death by head shot!

I'll answer that question with a picture I made :P

I love you. Never have I seen an image that so perfectly sums up how I like to play Day Z.

Double Dupe bandit here.

If anything, I am a survivalist NE airfield bandit. I avoid players unless absolutely neccessary. If I am in a confrontation, I will shoot first. But I don't kill other players unless they pose a great threat to my character's safety.

Fucked up bandit, who enjoys baiting/tricking, and stalking.