GhostHawx1

Banned for combat logging

Hi Folks,

I just heard about this story recently, was directed to this thread, and I feel like I should step in here.

I am currently an Admin for US 88. I am not the main Admin, he is out of town at the moment. Me and one other person are maintaining the server while Aden is not around.

I was not online at the time of this incident, nor did I have anything to do with this ban. I'd like to be perfectly clear about that fact. I was not online at the time. I just found out about this, this morning.

I've read over the thread, and some other threads, and as far as I can tell, our other server admin did not have to right to ban GhostHawx1. While he shouldn't have banned you, he did at the time feel it was the right thing to do, and was not really aware that Combat logging was not a bannable offense.

So I would like to formally appologise, and I will remove the ban tonight. We hope this has not been a deterent for people to play on our server. We do not by any means abuse our admin privileges, and will ban when we feel like we have the right reason, and enough evidence.

I will be personally making sure that all of the admins (present, and future) are aware that while combat logging. while is considered an "exploit", it is not a bannable offense. From now on we will follow the directions that Ander posted here: http://dayzmod.com/f...120#entry337225

Thank you.

You seem to be one of the (apparently few) good ones, thank you very much for the post. Beans given.

Hi Folks,

I just heard about this story recently, was directed to this thread, and I feel like I should step in here.

I am currently an Admin for US 88. I am not the main Admin, he is out of town at the moment. Me and one other person are maintaining the server while Aden is not around.

I was not online at the time of this incident, nor did I have anything to do with this ban. I'd like to be perfectly clear about that fact. I was not online at the time. I just found out about this, this morning.

I've read over the thread, and some other threads, and as far as I can tell, our other server admin did not have to right to ban GhostHawx1. While he shouldn't have banned you, he did at the time feel it was the right thing to do, and was not really aware that Combat logging was not a bannable offense.

So I would like to formally appologise, and I will remove the ban tonight. We hope this has not been a deterent for people to play on our server. We do not by any means abuse our admin privileges, and will ban when we feel like we have the right reason, and enough evidence.

I will be personally making sure that all of the admins (present, and future) are aware that while combat logging. while is considered an "exploit", it is not a bannable offense. From now on we will follow the directions that Ander posted here: http://dayzmod.com/f...120#entry337225

Thank you.

My beans to you! nice to see there r ppl who nkwo sumthing is wrong but still follow the rules to get it adressed...great to see.

Only the guilty would start linking posts and talking about shutting down a server. I bet if you banned these guys who defend dcers and want servers to be blacklisted, we would have a lot less to report for alt-f4ing.

Once admins are able to start making their own rules, the game will go downhill incredibly fast. Rocket is working on a solution for combat disconnects (as per the recent update thread) but he's currently in the data-gathering stage.

If a server isn't following his rules, it absolutely should be removed from the Hive.

Looks to me that US 88 now is a great server to play on !

And that thanks to this thread......great community resolving.....

Edited by Drogur
  • Like 1

Hi Folks,

Thank you.

Thank god someone who can man up and take responsibility is here.

You have my beans and hopefully the fighting will stop.

However your admins should have been aware that it is a non-bannable offense, but i do understand that they could forget (I forget some of the forum rules that i admin on occasion, after all we are just humans)

• Like 1

Thank god someone who can man up and take responsibility is here.

As stated earlier:

I consider US88 my home server. I'm not an admin or an HR guy, and if you're taking my post as a message from the admins then you're quite simply a fuckwit.

edit::

I will, however, defend the players / admins of US88 who are clearly becoming the subject of a despicable witch-hunt. I'm sure they'll sort out GhostHawk's ban when they're online, and I refer them to this thread shitfit.

>I'm sure they'll sort out GhostHawk's ban when they're online,

>sort out ghosthawk's ban

>sort out

>ban

>B&

Edited by Austin Wigley
  • Like 2

I feel for you.

I also feel for all the players unjustly banned by powertripping Admins.

I do too, but this is out of hand. I don't want to take it into my own hands but it's pissing me off now. Half my servers player base Alt+F4's and after I warn them in global after my squad tells me that they were in a firefight and shows me a video of it. They never come back.

• Like 1

I do too, but this is out of hand. I don't want to take it into my own hands but it's pissing me off now. Half my servers player base Alt+F4's and after I warn them in global after my squad tells me that they were in a firefight and shows me a video of it. They never come back.

I would just ban left and right, were I admin. That behaviour is despicable, and so is defense of it. I simply don't give a damn if "there's a fix" coming for combat logging, because there's been a fix coming for many months, now. Banning or Temp-banning solves the issue rather quickly.

• Like 2

Also please note that the admin will determine whether or not to shorten the length of your temp-ban, as he's out of town for a couple weeks and there's sub-admins running the server right now.

They don't feel the need to respond to you, as I believe have server logs to prove that you combat logged, should they be needed.

Anyways, you're a bad shot with an [l85?] I believe you spent 9 rounds before you hit me, and that one appeared to be a lucky shot as I was sprinting all serpentine-style.

I didnt kill you. i was the one that ran. just saying.

Popular quote taken out of context for forum warriors attempting to legitimate their exploiting.

Bullshit. Period. Follow the rules. If Rocket wanted something as unconfirmable as combat logging to be a bannable offense he would say so. As it is he has not. You cannot prove that a player logged during combat and didn't just lose connection or otherwise. Rocket also stated that he would fix the problem. What he did not state is that people can be banned for it.

You may say it's out of context but you are breaking the rules and putting words in Rockets mouth. Show me the post where Rocket states players can be banned for exploiting. Go ahead...I will wait.

Edited by Vertisce
  • Like 1

Hi Folks,

Thank you.

this is where the thread should hav stopped its been taking care off now leave it ty.

• Like 1

Show me where it says that admins are allowed to ban players for combat logging.

As for now i believe your server should be black listed/shut down since you are breaking the rules that have been stated multiple times in this thread already.

If you have a problem with people logging off during combat, then file a support ticket and they will take care of it.

in other words admins are not to take action against them.

The owner would be at fault here because he put immature admins on his server, I feel sorry for him because his server is going to get a black mark because he left a few idiots in charge.

It's common sense, person exploits, person can't play on my server. Saying a admin is immature because they ban someone for exploiting the game is crazy.

It's not our fault that the rules favor hackers/cheaters.

• Like 5

Everyone that took up my thread, in an attempt to defend me, thank you. But NEVER once did I ask for a ban on us 88. I respect the server admins, they listen, take care of the server, act promptly. What Im saying is this, being unjustly accused sucks. Everyone that dies says oh he used a hacked weapon, he was a script kiddie. He camped. Whatever. I been killed every way imaginable. Remember when LADDERS were our worst enemies? I do. Then it turned into survivalist assassination simulator. Maps should be the rarest loot in the game period. I believe servers should require a 5 minute respawn time except between deaths. What I want is the mistake corrected, because mistake it was. You're mad because I killed you? I never killed you.I wanted the friggen truck back. My clan plays on us88. three of them died in 5 minutes. I never DCD. I tried to run, 4500 blood, to get a better sniping position. And though solarflare says hes removing the ban I want one of you US88 admins, a real one, to explain to me on this thread, or show to everyone, that you make mistakes and are willing to correct them. Simple right? I logged out minimum 15 minutes after the clan mate of mine ragotag was killed. You can find it. Post it. And no Im not coming on US 88 again as a matter of principle. If one of you can do this for no reason then any of you could. But being exonerated does mean something to me. Being accused of doing this is shit, and I cant abide by it. Thanks again those that believe me, to those that dont, well, whatever. You want to believe the worst so do so. When it is proven that ten seconds after the [TEAM] clan member was killed GhostHawx left, you can all talk your shit. Till then thanks solarflare for listening.

• Like 2

This community is hilarious......

I actually think its the worst community I've ever came across... :P

• Like 6

I actually think its the worst community I've ever came across... :P

Yep, so many hackers/cheaters.

• Like 1

Austin, I really hope this ban is not a result of you and your crew misreporting and making assumptions regarding the events of this fight, and asking the server admin to issue this ban... that would be a real shame since Ghosthawx1 is a legit player and does not hack. Allow me to offer my point of view since *I* was the one who shot you from the west of your position with the L85.

*edit*: However, I will divulge that the three men we had at the dam [including myself] were confused as all hell as to how your truck survived both encounters with us without taking any damage. While I don't personally think that you're hacking, you combat logged rather promptly after shooting me in the face and taking fire from my mates.

Please note: There is a glitch on that truck. When it takes damage, if both the driver and passenger get out and then back in, it auto-repairs itself. Same exact glitch that the bicycle has. This is not a hack, it is a bug; get the truck, run into something, and try it. You will be able to confirm this just as I have.

You did not check the bodies, as they were never hidden. You are clearly mistaken as to the area of their death, because I assure you I wanted their gear very badly.

He did check *for* the bodies but could not find them. Not sure why he could not find the bodies because myself and the other two of our folks had respawned on the coast and were working our way back north with fresh characters. I suspect that Ghosthawx was just being careful -- he was shot up pretty good and did not want to loiter in the area not knowing if your crew were still in the vicinity. However, I can confirm that someone found my body in the woods to the west but did not hide it because a few of my item were missing; thankfully I was able to recover most of my items.

In regards to the truck, if it disappears upon the next server restart, I believe that will be sufficient evidence to request a permaban for you and your two mates, as well.

I understand the desire to ban cheaters, I too would like to see combat logging and ghosting eliminated. Sadly, I think you're taking a bit of a Vigilante position here, and falsely accusing a legit player. I urge you to reconsider your position on this.

Also please note that the admin will determine whether or not to shorten the length of your temp-ban, as he's out of town for a couple weeks and there's sub-admins running the server right now.

They don't feel the need to respond to you, as I believe have server logs to prove that you combat logged, should they be needed.

Anyways, you're a bad shot with an [l85?] I believe you spent 9 rounds before you hit me, and that one appeared to be a lucky shot as I was sprinting all serpentine-style.

It's good to know that you speak for the admins, but I would really like to hear from them directly on this. I *know* that the server logs will clear him, but sadly Ghosthawx1 is being wrongly accused and banned without any due review.

..and yes... That was *my* first encounter with an L85 -- I did not know that I could zero the gun sights to range which is why I fired so many shots attempting to get the "Kentucky Windage" correct. Some of those shots were at the truck, not you and your crew as I was attempting to hit the tires. However, once Ghosthawx1 mentioned to me that I could adjust the gun sights, I zeroed them to 700m and dropped you in three shots -- you were making it difficult running around like that, and I admit that the final shot to the face was somewhat lucky on my part.

So far, it's just your word vs. his. Just because someone escapes a firefight, doesn't mean they combat logged. It is entirely possible to escape even a close quarters encounter, which I know from experience.

Unfortunately, this is *exactly* what is happening here.

Austin, obviously the server admins respect you and your crew as legit players since they issued a ban on another player solely on your report (I assume) without fully reviewing the logs. Sadly my friend, you are in error here.

Here is the breakdown from my angle...

We had five in our crew: three out in the Ute and an ATV scavenging helicopter crashes south of Pobeda dam, one (myself) scouting terrain for vehicle hiding spots, and one (Ghosthawx1) who had just returned back to our base with another of our crew (a sixth) from Berezino after seeing how badly it was glitched and calling off our planned raid over there. We have our own TS3 server, so Ghosthawx1 was still on TS with us even after he logged off US 88. Your crew ambushed our two crew driving the Ute up through the Pobeda damn area about two minutes after Ghosthawx1 logged off; he heard the call on TS for contact and the report of our two dying to your ambush. Cudos to you and your crew Austin, your ambush was well executed and our two crew were being stupid and deserved what they got driving around like that. However, Ghosthawx had logged out only 1km away from the ambush location and I was about 1.5km to your south west scouting terrain. Our guy on the ATV was within 4km, but he crashed the ATV trying to get up to the dam from your south -- he never made it to the subsequent fight. Ghosthawx1 logged back in and moved into a firing position to get eyes on you with rangefinders while I maneuvered around to your west.

Ghosthawx1 got into a high position and began dropping rounds on your head, and your crew fought back and wounded him. While this was happening, I got into position to your west and began taking shots at your crew as well. Ghosthawx1 became critically wounded and had to retreat out for medical treatment - he also warned me of the likelihood that at least one of your shooters had an L85. I managed to drop you from a lucky shot, and one of your crew (the L85 guy?) nailed me with a head shot -- nice shooting.

This was a legit encounter from my perspective that in no way warranted a player ban; your crew won the day -- good job, you have my respect. But please, refrain from the Vigilante approach and give the process of server admin review the chance to work. The ban of Ghosthawx1 is an invalid and completely unwarranted ban.

Edited by Ragotag
  • Like 4

Yep, so many hackers/cheaters.

It's not just the hackers and cheaters! It's just how hostile everyone seems to be to each other. Not just in game, but on the forums too. I am yet to read a thread where people aren't talking shit :/

Just to make a point.

Most people ITT are pussies. Logging off during combat = YOU SHOULD UNINSTALL DAYZ as you have failed to bring balls into your gameplay.

Most games have this policy: Exploiting flaws = BAN.

• Like 3

lol crybaby ALT + F4ers trying to defend this guy. All the people defending the people banned are pathetic.

defending the rules is pathetic hmm ok then ty you hav a nice day now bye bye.

defending the rules is pathetic hmm ok then ty you hav a nice day now bye bye.

Still an exploit, and I'm with all the other admins that boot people for doing it.

To everyone saying that "It's not a rule", I direct to a previous thread I made.

Because that's pretty much your arguement, just because it's "Not a written rule" - Guess what, neither is spawning vehicles or harassing the hive. Is that just as justified, just because it isn't written down somewhere?

lol all the people protecting these combat loggers probably do it themselves too. Admin has the right to ban people for combat logging. sorry guys.

• Like 1

Hey, Ragotag. I need to correct you on a few things, because I'd hate to have my reputation tarnished. :|

Edit: fuck I accidentally hit post

Can't delete

fuck

Edited by Austin Wigley
  • Like 1