GhostHawx1

Banned for combat logging

if Combat Logging is bannable, there would be a string of bans for people who escaped a fight legit and left the server. so it shouldn't be. file support tickets, people

• Like 1

Please note: There is a glitch on that truck. When it takes damage, if both the driver and passenger get out and then back in, it auto-repairs itself. Same exact glitch that the bicycle has. This is not a hack, it is a bug; get the truck, run into something, and try it. You will be able to confirm this just as I have.

Firstly, I have to confirm that you're absolutely correct. The server has restarted last night, I believe, and the truck remained - so it was not hacked in.

Somebody, however, stole the truck today. :c

I understand the desire to ban cheaters, I too would like to see combat logging and ghosting eliminated. Sadly, I think you're taking a bit of a Vigilante position here, and falsely accusing a legit player. I urge you to reconsider your position on this.

I'd like to point out that I didn't accuse you of hacking, but would gladly report any group for hacking in a vehicle if they were driving an invincible truck - which it turns out - you were not.

It's good to know that you speak for the admins, but I would really like to hear from them directly on this. I *know* that the server logs will clear him, but sadly Ghosthawx1 is being wrongly accused and banned without any due review.

I don't know where it is in this thread, but SolarFlare cleared his ban and apologized. It's around page [3?] and you're welcome to join our public TS if you want to speak with him. Once again, his ban had nothing to do with me.

Austin, obviously the server admins respect you and your crew as legit players since they issued a ban on another player solely on your report (I assume) without fully reviewing the logs. Sadly my friend, you are in error here.

Obviously, this is an assumption, so I'm correcting you - I didn't report GhostHawk [i hope he knows that], and I actually had nothing to do with the ban process. I just wanted to find out whether there was going to be a ban appeal in the morning, and came looking for this thread.

Anyways, since your side of the story is actually interesting - let me tell it from my perspective?

---

Basically, this starts out with a search for helicopters.

We're all dicking around up north, searching NW and the NE airfields after working our way up from the south, and we find no choppers. Unfortunately, we didn't know that the helicopters were spawning in TONIGHT, so we were basically just wasting time.

After running along and raiding a camp we call "tent shitty", because it has long since been abandoned by its inhabitants, we come upon the Dam.

After a few minutes of searching the surrounding area for tents, we decide to rest in the barn. I set up a campfire and cook some meat, and after I finish that I drop a blue chemlight on the floor so we can take off our NVGs.

A few minutes of silence pass, our L85 man is perched on the hill overlooking the area. Suddenly, Neverclear [in the barn/shack] screams out about hearing a truck coming - we extinguish our light and hold our position. The truck drives up and parks in front of the shack, realizes that we're there, and pulls out. We open fire and the truck gets away. I follow it for a kilometer, and then turn around, give up, and walk back. Upon reaching the hill overlooking the barn, I realize there's somebody prone in the field with me. Logs appear to indicate that this is "Chase", but it could have also been "Gordon Freeman" or "GhostHawk". Not really sure.

I start screaming in TS and run down the hill, shouting that somebody is at the top - and as I reach the edge of the forest a flare lights up the area and the truck comes blazing back past the barn and straight at me. Taking a hail of gunfire, I imagine the two occupants were ready to leave - and I blindfire my AS50 twice, killing the driver. The truck swerves to my left and hits a tree, where I also kill the passenger.

The flare is still blazing, and amidst the commotion in TS I get in the truck [This is the moment I noticed the truck's full health, and pointed out that we may be fighting hackers. It was later decided that if the truck disappeared on server restart, we would report you ] and shout that I'm tearing across the dam when a DMR on the opposite [north] side starts firing on me, at which point I back the truck up, bail, and start serpentine-running through the woods. Everybody is firing on the two hillsides, and I hear rounds passing my head every few seconds. I decide to hide in the barn, and while running there a stray round hits me in the back of the head, killing me.

-

A few minutes later, I'm waiting on the dam north of Elektro while my mates clear the area. Once that's done, they got in the truck and drove it back to base, so I logged out. Whilst I was logged, they discussed the firefight and brought it to the attention of a sub-admin, who was apparently involved. He checked the logs and confirmed to the others that GhostHawk had logged out shortly after my death, and they determined that he was "the one on the hill" "l85" "logged out", and subsequently decided that they would not tolerate combat logging and banned him.

I don't recall having a say in the matter, 'nor do I remember reporting GhostHawk for combat logging, which he apparently didn't. I would say this is a case of bad judgment that has been rectified - and would appreciate not being called a vigilante.

Edited by Austin Wigley

Here is SolarFlare's post:

Hi Folks,

I just heard about this story recently, was directed to this thread, and I feel like I should step in here.

I am currently an Admin for US 88. I am not the main Admin, he is out of town at the moment. Me and one other person are maintaining the server while Aden is not around.

I was not online at the time of this incident, nor did I have anything to do with this ban. I'd like to be perfectly clear about that fact. I was not online at the time. I just found out about this, this morning.

I've read over the thread, and some other threads, and as far as I can tell, our other server admin did not have to right to ban GhostHawx1. While he shouldn't have banned you, he did at the time feel it was the right thing to do, and was not really aware that Combat logging was not a bannable offense.

So I would like to formally appologise, and I will remove the ban tonight. We hope this has not been a deterent for people to play on our server. We do not by any means abuse our admin privileges, and will ban when we feel like we have the right reason, and enough evidence.

I will be personally making sure that all of the admins (present, and future) are aware that while combat logging. while is considered an "exploit", it is not a bannable offense. From now on we will follow the directions that Ander posted here: http://dayzmod.com/f...120#entry337225

Thank you.

• Like 1

Dangit. I didn't read all the pages and they already apologized. Good job US 88!

Also, I'd like to say Austin is full of win. I know your guys made a mistake and all, but you coming to help sort it out is way above and beyond! For this you have my beans.

Edited by Obsolescence
  • Like 1

Dangit. I didn't read all the pages and they already apologized. Good job US 88!

Also, I'd like to say Austin is full of win. I know your guys made a mistake and all, but you coming to help sort it out is way above and beyond! For this you have my beans.

I'm sorry I'm not very good at PR. I came in here and bashed people left and right for what I view as overreaction, but the thread was forwarded accordingly and the ban reversed.

No worries, won't happen again.

Well, it might happen, again. I doubt it. If it does, I'll come shit up that thread, too.

• Like 2

So after all this. Should I take all this to the DayZ Devs and attempt to get US88 black listed? All you peop[le not involved STFU and go play cod. I got exonerated. Solarflare lifted the ban. I was not combat logging. and I found a camp. 105 21. Got the truck back too. Everyone wins. Yay. Now leave it all alone. Id delete this thread if i could.

• Like 3

Combat logging should get you banned from the server you committed the offence on.

Server admins should be allowed to ban you from their server for doing it and then after

they do it all the time.. they just wont have anywhere to play.

And then it dont matter at all if they are not banned from the game

they will have to get there own server to play.

• Like 1

Well, it might happen, again. I doubt it. If it does, I'll come shit up that thread, too.

for this: Shut up and take my beans!
  • Like 2

Combat logging should get you banned from the server you committed the offence on.

Server admins should be allowed to ban you from their server for doing it and then after

they do it all the time.. they just wont have anywhere to play.

And then it dont matter at all if they are not banned from the game

they will have to get there own server to play.

i know that this is an extreme situation BUT.

what if the pc crashed,emergency irl mother child yourself got hurt,called to dinner and so on would it not be impossible to actually prove that a person is

combatlogging or had an actually RL excuse just asking...

Hey, Ragotag. I need to correct you on a few things, because I'd hate to have my reputation tarnished. :|

I... would appreciate not being called a vigilante.

I don't tarnish reputations, I let others tarnish their own. ;)

Okay, you are *not* a Vigilante... "Witch Hunter" maybe?

1. "Hey, Ghost... you combat logged rather promptly after shooting me in the face and taking fire from my mates."

2. "In regards to the truck, if it disappears upon the next server restart, I believe that will be sufficient evidence to request a permaban for you and your two mates, as well.

3. "They [the US 88 admins] don't feel the need to respond to you, as I believe have server logs to prove that you combat logged, should they be needed."

4. "[This is the moment I noticed the truck's full health, and pointed out that we may be fighting hackers. It was later decided that if the truck disappeared on server restart, we would report you ]"

5. "I would just ban left and right, were I admin."

6. "There are excuses for exploits and hacking, apparently."

a.) GhostHawx1 was wrongly accused of combat logging, and I'm the one who shot you in the face.

b.) You aparrently expected proof to substantiate a perma-ban to be discovered, and it wasn't.

c.) You may "believe" the server logs contain proof of the accusation, but I *know* that the logs - if left untampered - indicate otherwise.

d.) To me, it sounds as if the jury (you and your mates) already made up your minds that GhostHawx1 *was* a hacker.

e.) Good thing you're not one of US 88's admins.

f.) Are there any excuses for unsubstantiated accusations and a complete lack of due process?

I'd like to point out that I didn't accuse you of hacking, but would gladly report any group for hacking in a vehicle if they were driving an invincible truck - which it turns out - you were not.

I never wrote that - you did... your interpretation, not mine.

...they [your mates] discussed the firefight and brought it to the attention of a sub-admin, who was apparently involved.

Really? In what way was the sub-admin involved? I am very curious on this point because if by "involved" you mean "part of that battle", it could certainly imply some form of admin abuse; not that I'm making that accusation -- I am not; but I could see how others might. I'll assume for the moment that this was *not* the case, but I'd still like to understand in what way the sub-admin had been involved. However, you did at least admit that it was your mates who made the accusation and reported GhostHawx1.

Obviously, this is an assumption, so I'm correcting you - I didn't report GhostHawk [i hope he knows that], and I actually had nothing to do with the ban process. I just wanted to find out whether there was going to be a ban appeal in the morning, and came looking for this thread.

Thank you for the correction. However, your words imply to me that you expected some sort of appeal and came trolling the DayZ forums looking for a chance to defend the sub-admin's actions in taking down and dealing with a supposed "Combat Logger" that your mates reported.

He checked the logs and confirmed to the others that GhostHawk had logged out shortly after my death, and they determined that he was "the one on the hill" "l85" "logged out", and subsequently decided that they would not tolerate combat logging and banned him.

Obviously some huge errors on the sub-admin's part since: 1) GhostHawx1 logged out at least 10 minutes following your death by my hands during the battle; 2) GhostHawx1 had an AS50 -- I had the L85, I dropped you on the run with a ~750m head shot with it.

Vigilante... okay, maybe too strong a word to use and I apologize if my use of it caused your reputation any amount of "tarnishment" -- that was not my intent. However, don't be shocked if your adamant support of this sub-admin's actions discredits you in the minds of some of us.

As SolarFlare wrote:

...as far as I can tell, our other server admin did not have to right to ban GhostHawx1... he shouldn't have banned you [GhostHawx1], he... was not really aware that Combat logging was not a bannable offense.

As far as tarnished reputations go, I sincerely hope that a server admin of US 88 will submit a post on this thread clearing GhostHawx1 of the unsubstantiated accusation that he was "Combat Logging". An apology for invalid banning is only half of what should be done to rectify this disaster, and not necessarily the most important half -- but that's just my opinion.

Edited by Ragotag
  • Like 2

And survey says? Ok, Rag has alot of points...... all of them actually. not only valid but true. US88 sub admins banned me, no evidence. Played me out to be a hacker, no evidence. So what should I do to the admins of the server? I am in full rights to contact DayZ Devs and get it blacklisted for no evidence of combat logging but evidence of a ban. [seems like rage ban retaliation for killing a mate] I dont want to. Yes it was an admitted mistake, yes they apologized, yes they lifted the ban. No Austin didnt give me an apology but I just wanted someone, an admin preferrably, to come on here and say "No Ghosthawx didnt combat log, soooo stfu go play cod". All of this got blown out of proportion, I thought the ban was an accident by battleeye....so what do I do now. If everyone would just drop this here it would be greately appreciated. I am going to do nothing. All that needed to be said between me and solarflare, a co admin, has been said. I figure it went like this, they looked at the logs, couldnt find any reason in the world to ban me, and removed it. Regardless of not being able to ban for it it is screwed up to dc. I wish they could ban you for it. I wouldnt blame any admin for doing it. And there is blame there. 4 admins on a server. Think they just picked three of the wrong ones. So lets just let it go. I am.

• Like 2

So let's see what "Blacklisting" does:

1. Admin laughs, puts $50 a month back in his pocket and moves on, plays on other server.

2. Admin moves on to another host, buys a server that's up in 12 hours or less and continues on.

It's not like there is some GUiD for admins that prevents them from hosting elsewhere, or even creating another account with the same hosting company.

• Like 2

4 admins on a server. Think they just picked three of the wrong ones.

I'm curious to know as to what you mean, because I think you messaged one of us the other day and mentioned us having 15 admins.

There's three, last I checked - including the owner.

No Austin didnt give me an apology but I just wanted someone, an admin preferrably, to come on here and say "No Ghosthawx didnt combat log, soooo stfu go play cod".

Ghost, that was exactly what my post said. Because Combat logging isn't a bannable offense, I have cleared your name, and removed the ban. Had I been online at time, none of this would have happened at all.

The only reason "hacking" got brought up in this thread was because of a bugged vehicle. It had nothing to do with you, or any one of your squad mates.

Regardless. This whole issue has been sorted out. One of our Admins incorrectly issued a ban, and I have since removed the ban. End of discussion.

Thank you.

• Like 1

?

US88 disabled Verifysignatures thus letting anyone use addons on your server which is against the rules thus grounds for blacklist.

Not to beat a dead horse here, but apparently it ain't quite dead yet. ;)

It's already been done. I quoted him.

So did I, and he most certainly did not clear GhostHawx1 from the unfounded accusation of "Combat Logging"; an accusation made by your mates and the sub-admin who issued the ban. My entire quote was:

...I sincerely hope that a server admin of US 88 will submit a post on this thread clearing GhostHawx1 of the unsubstantiated accusation that he was "Combat Logging".

The banning issue has been dealt with to everyone's satisfaction; nobody is arguing that. What SolarFlare wrote was:

1.) ...as far as I can tell, our other server admin did not have to right to ban GhostHawx1...Combat logging was not a bannable offense.

2.) ...combat logging, while considered an "exploit", it is not a bannable offense.

Nothing in that statement actually apologizes or exonerates GhostHawx1 from the accusation of "Combat Logging"; instead it actually supports the erroneous accusation that GhostHawx1 was "Combat Logging" -- something he most certainly was not doing.

Ghost, that was exactly what my post said. Because Combat logging isn't a bannable offense, I have cleared your name, and removed the ban. Had I been online at time, none of this would have happened at all.

SolarFlare, I respect you and your admins, but I am in disagreement here... nowhere in your statement do you "clear his name" and exonerate GhostHawx1 of "Combat Logging". On the contrary, your wording implies that the accusation stands; you simply state that your server sub-admin was in error for issuing the ban.

Regardless. This whole issue has been sorted out. One of our Admins incorrectly issued a ban, and I have since removed the ban. End of discussion.

I'm truly disappointed that this is as sorted as US 88 admins feel it needs to be. Black mark indeed...

I only offer my final comments on this because I feel that other players who are considering any server as a home ought to be aware of any potential issues on that server, be it the other players, hackers, or even the server admins. This is my final post in this thread out of deference to both SolarFlare and GhostHawx1 who I truly believe wish that this thread had never seen the light of day to begin with.

1) Played me out to be a hacker

2) No Austin didnt give me an apology

1) Outright lie / exaggeration. I don't believe any user of US 88 came to this thread and accused you of hacking, Ghost.

2) I don't believe I owe you one, seeing as I didn't request or play a role in your ban, and I forwarded this thread to SolarFlare. If you're looking for an apology from me, I don't know why - and you're looking in the wrong place.

US88 disabled Verifysignatures thus letting anyone use addons on your server which is against the rules thus grounds for blacklist.

This is false information. A DayZ mod dev was contacted and the person making this accusation was made out to be a troll, and is currently making false accusations in an effort to get us blacklisted. No move to blacklist US 88 is being made.

In regards to RagoTag, I guess that really isn't my argument anymore, because I can't give you what you want.

combat logging isnt bannable though it is a exploite, rocket SPECIFICALY said its not bannable. So this server shud be shutdown or the admins removed since they have broken DayZ law. Now what i think shud happen is a STICKy topic where admisn post names of KNOWN combat loggers after a investigation, so that when it becomes a bannable offence guess what! BANNED

NOTE: im not pro combat log but i cant stand admisn who abuse there power...just as bad as hackers and should be punished accordingly

Yeah lets have a list of names! I wonder how many times the name "user" pops up :) Names just doesnt cut it and is a brainless idea xD

• Like 1

combat logging isnt bannable though it is a exploite, rocket SPECIFICALY said its not bannable. So this server shud be shutdown or the admins removed since they have broken DayZ law. Now what i think shud happen is a STICKy topic where admisn post names of KNOWN combat loggers after a investigation, so that when it becomes a bannable offence guess what! BANNED

NOTE: im not pro combat log but i cant stand admisn who abuse there power...just as bad as hackers and should be punished accordingly

Retroactive banning, ahhh no.

If someone combat logs they deserve a kick/warning first time, banned the second time.

• Like 1

1) Outright lie / exaggeration. I don't believe any user of US 88 came to this thread and accused you of hacking, Ghost.

2) I don't believe I owe you one, seeing as I didn't request or play a role in your ban, and I forwarded this thread to SolarFlare. If you're looking for an apology from me, I don't know why - and you're looking in the wrong place.

This is false information. A DayZ mod dev was contacted and the person making this accusation was made out to be a troll, and is currently making false accusations in an effort to get us blacklisted. No move to blacklist US 88 is being made.

In regards to RagoTag, I guess that really isn't my argument anymore, because I can't give you what you want.

I'm a troll because I'm right and you're wrong. Okay.

Some of the players/admins on servers are utter twats. Do you feel some kind of special power banning people?

I rent a server and I dont give a toss what goes on. i wouldnt ban someone because they killed me.

Also who gives a toss if you were banned. Go play another server.