mordrag

What has happened to this community?

I took a break from DayZ for about a month or so now and I returned, before when I ran into other survivors I can usually make a friend and we would travel together. Now that I have come back? the last 6 (yes 6) times I've ran into another survivor I always say "hello!" or "hey dont shoot friendly" and every one of these 6 jerks have said "im friendly too dont shoot" needless to say they kill me. It's getting pretty annoying and it's really making me want to just kill everyone I meet. What's happened to this community? has everyone just turned into assholes or what?

• Like 11

Welcome back

• Like 2

Because there's no incentive for survivors to be friendly with each other, you literally can't trust anybody anymore. If you've got a gun, you're a threat. If you don't have a gun, you're just another tally on the "Murders" counter.

• Like 1

I blame roleplayers for everything.

They play Dayz as if it is real, and of course in a real apocalypse every single one of these 12 year old spineless sadsacks would have the balls to just shoot someone they have never met without a word, or even go so far as to lie about their intentions before blasting away.

In other breaking news, people who avoid people tend to live longer.

• Like 10

Welcome back. The mod exploded player wise, and well, it's not singing camp songs around a camp fire any more. Avoid other players until you can watch them for a while. They'll show their true colors. Approach carefully now. People have gotten more manipulative and trigger happy.

Stay frosty.

I took a break from DayZ for about a month or so now and I returned, before when I ran into other survivors I can usually make a friend and we would travel together. Now that I have come back? the last 6 (yes 6) times I've ran into another survivor I always say "hello!" or "hey dont shoot friendly" and every one of these 6 jerks have said "im friendly too dont shoot" needless to say they kill me. It's getting pretty annoying and it's really making me want to just kill everyone I meet. What's happened to this community? has everyone just turned into assholes or what?

Bandits happened. They have caused the community to become jaded and untrusting. The new mentality is "kill them first or else they'll kill me".

The yogscast did a LP and now all the kids are on.

Me need explanation i no understand internet jargon so great

Funny - I'm 14, yes. But I'm not an immature little brat who spends his whole life on Call of Duty. Infact I despise that game, along with it's community.

You don't know me, therefore don't make assumptions.

• Like 1

Get used to it. Realism.

Arguing realism is so fun to do on these forums...its like collecting tons and tons of cow shit and jumping in it...oh wait that is not fun...that is not fun at all..

• Like 1

I think everyone's gone mental paranoid because there's hackers and bandits all over the place. I'll shoot anyone I don't know at this stage.

• Like 1

Bandits, greatest thing since sliced bread. Should be one born to every family. :D

*COUGH* propaganda

• Like 1

The circle of life continues. It's done to you, so you do it and that person you did it to does it now, etc etc.

Viral, is the word you're looking for.

The circle of life continues. It's done to you, so you do it and that person you did it to does it now, etc etc.

Exactly what I was going to say. Now you are one of "those guys".

Honestly this has been going on for more than a month. The only thing that has increased is QQ forum posts.

• Like 2

Honestly this has been going on for more than a month. The only thing that has increased is QQ forum posts.
^ THIS

although i love pvp i would also love the option of playing on a pve only server only. I would like the option of chosing whether or not i am going to let other player affec my valuable time online. I havent the foggiest how to achieve this in Dayz without making it server by server. Some games like Eve allow the sandbox model to go ahead by making "zones" - some where PVP is 100% and other areas where PVP is limited and other areas where PVP is discourage through in game mechanisms.

i dont entirely mind being killed in Dayz .. had some fun experiences that ended in my untimely demise.. i will recall them "fondly". But as the OP mentions, my worst PVP experiences where ones where people talked to me on TS as fellow survivors for a time before shooting me in the back of the head. This ferments the KOS principle which i must now follow, even though it means i may end up killing a player who much like myself could play entirely without shooting at other players, who dont shoot first.

I dont want to ruin some players day, because i was paranoid to the point of becoming a psycopath to same myself from other psycopaths i had run into earlier that week.

People say it is realism .. and to a degree they are right, but it would also be realistic for humans to band together, to put aside their petty differences and needs and work together to survive. Humans always do better working in groups; we are essentially a pack animal. In a real outbreak, infection appocolypse some people would indeed kill on sight, but many others would band together and roam around in groups, benifiting from more eyes and guns - sharing the loot and making the best of it.

Dayz as it stands now does not allow for that, not because of the game mechanics, but because of human dynamics.

If humans are not able to play nicely together to detrement of many of the players gaming experience then checks and balances should / could be put in place. As any attempt to do that would me bet with a huge amount of hostility from the rabid masses i would suggest that the only quick and dirty way to fix it without upseting another chunk of the community would be to allow servers to be set as pve or pvp.

• Like 1

Me and my crew will KILL on sight. Even if you say you're friendly and only have a flashlight. You are dead. No hesitation.

Does this make me an asshole? No, it does not.

Want to know why? Because it's a game.

Real life is a totally different subject.

Me and my crew will KILL on sight. Even if you say you're friendly and only have a flashlight. You are dead. No hesitation.

So Gangster

• Like 6