sickboy

Six Launcher - Easy Install/Update, Find/Join DayZ servers, worldwide network

why does it add shortcuts (six updater & six launcher) to my desktop EVERYTIMEi run the six updater?

Cannot reproduce. However there's a known issue that at a major setup upgrade, the shortcuts are reinstated.

Are you in a setup loop - every time you start the software it appears to update? In that case try full uninstallation and reinstallation of latest version.

Installer issues and shortcomings are being worked on.

My friend can't see any servers in the server list' date=' any help?

[/quote']

Same for me

Should be related to security software (AV/Firewall) or modem/router.

The server list is maintained by the gslist.exe utility located in Six Updater\tools.

Make sure it has full rights and isn't throttled.

If still issues, please create a ticket with log files and details; http://www.six-updater.net/p/support.html

How does it work with Steam?

Absolutely great. "Just Works" tm :)

I have lost the ability to "Shift-Tab" from the game to be able to Steam chat, which was nice to have. Is there any way to restore this?

How does it work with Steam?

Absolutely great. "Just Works" tm :)

I have lost the ability to "Shift-Tab" from the game to be able to Steam chat' date=' which was nice to have. Is there any way to restore this?

[/quote']Go into the options, enable the Use Steam Launcher option, and follow the given instructions due to limitations of the Steam launcher in conjunction with the official beta patch.

Sorry Sickboy! =( i have the same issues

upgrading.th.jpg

Upgrading is like that. Ive also check my firewalls and they are all off, no throttling ether

modcheck.th.jpg

Even with the new 1.7.1.4 hotfix, Ive install / update mod and launch game yet i still get Authentication time out errors. As you see from the screen shot i still have a bad mod check =(

Ive checked with a friend and we have the same files

packlz.th.jpg

He can get in no problems.

Same issues as whom?

Ah just found ticket with logs - nice thanks, please link it next time for reference :)

Sorry =P I meant I'm having the same issues like last time I post on here. Ive made a ticket and ill await your reply =)

Just then the weirdest thing happened... I hit the update knowing that its going to just sit there like that, took a walk and came back, It actually updated to 1.7.1.4. It was showing that in the launcher under the DayZ logo and the green play button. I hit close and reopened the launcher and its back to 1.7.1 =(

Sorry =P I meant I'm having the same issues like last time I post on here. Ive made a ticket and ill await your reply =)

Just then the weirdest thing happened... I hit the update knowing that its going to just sit there like that' date=' took a walk and came back, It actually updated to 1.7.1.4. It was showing that in the launcher under the DayZ logo and the green play button. I hit close and reopened the launcher and its back to 1.7.1 =(

[/quote']:-)

Response at https://dev-heaven.net/issues/33877#note-1

There's some proxy/cache at work here I think :rolleyes:

why does it add shortcuts (six updater & six launcher) to my desktop EVERYTIMEi run the six updater?

Cannot reproduce. However there's a known issue that at a major setup upgrade' date=' the shortcuts are reinstated.

Are you in a setup loop - every time you start the software it appears to update? In that case try full uninstallation and reinstallation of latest version.

Installer issues and shortcomings are being worked on.

[/quote']

I was about to post about that. I don't have any shortcuts on my desktop (don't like them :p) and each time six updates the client, they get added again.

Also, would it be possible to have a tick option about reloading the server list each time six runs? I always clear the list since I prefer to go through the normal steam launcher and six downloads the list again each time it runs.

Also' date=' would it be possible to have a tick option about reloading the server list each time six runs? I always clear the list since I prefer to go through the normal steam launcher and six downloads the list again each time it runs.[/quote']Are you referring at Six Updater or the Launcher who does the server list?

For the Updater you can turn off MultiPlayer in the Options, as well as AutoSyncServers.

For the Launcher - you can enable "Use Steam Launcher" in the options.

Looking into making it possible to use the Launcher even if the server list is not loaded (yet).

If the server list refresh is slow, it could indicate connection issues e.g due to firewall / router etc.

Also' date=' would it be possible to have a tick option about reloading the server list each time six runs? I always clear the list since I prefer to go through the normal steam launcher and six downloads the list again each time it runs.[/quote']Are you referring at Six Updater or the Launcher who does the server list?

For the Updater you can turn off MultiPlayer in the Options, as well as AutoSyncServers.

For the Launcher - you can enable "Use Steam Launcher" in the options.

Looking into making it possible to use the Launcher even if the server list is not loaded (yet).

If the server list refresh is slow, it could indicate connection issues e.g due to firewall / router etc.

Thanks for the quick answer! That did the trick.

I started to install this last night but it looked to have a bunch of misc. software required for the installation. Is this the case and if so is all of it required?

Just trying to avoid junking up my PC. Looks like a great tool otherwise.

I started to install this last night but it looked to have a bunch of misc. software required for the installation. Is this the case and if so is all of it required?

Just trying to avoid junking up my PC. Looks like a great tool otherwise.

Only external requirement should be .NET Framework 4.0 client profile, and is indeed required, the rest should be included with the tool.

Any way to stop the Six Updater from updating before I can choose a server? I'd like to stick to my home server, but they don't always update ASAP.

Any way to stop the Six Updater from updating before I can choose a server? I'd like to stick to my home server' date=' but they don't always update ASAP.

[/quote']Hmm, there should not be updating without selecting a server (or double clicking one), or actually pressing the actions, unless you mean the information and statusses displayed in the launcher.

Planning to add option to skip update when trying to connect to an outdated version; https://dev-heaven.net/issues/33798

Any way to stop the Six Updater from updating before I can choose a server? I'd like to stick to my home server' date=' but they don't always update ASAP.

[/quote']Hmm, there should not be updating without selecting a server (or double clicking one), or actually pressing the actions, unless you mean the information and statusses displayed in the launcher.

Planning to add option to skip update when trying to connect to an outdated version; https://dev-heaven.net/issues/33798

I clicked on an old server and came to this thread to check, because it wasn't updated yet and the only button I saw was Update. By the time I got here, there was a green progress bar going, and it had already updated. Not sure if the alt-tab caused this or not.

Okay, so my brother and I both bought DayZ on two separate steam accounts so we could each have our own characters. So we updated and it worked great. The issue is how do we switch between our accounts? Because when I run 6Launcher it runs the game and goes to my brothers steam account/character. I want to play on my steam account/character now but every time i open 6Launcher it just runs with my brothers steam account/character. So how do i switch? Help please.

Okay' date=' so my brother and I both bought DayZ on two separate steam accounts so we could each have our own characters. So we updated and it worked great. The issue is how do we switch between our accounts? Because when I run 6Launcher it runs the game and goes to my brothers steam account/character. I want to play on my steam account/character now but every time i open 6Launcher it just runs with my brothers steam account/character. So how do i switch? Help please.

[/quote']You could launch the Steam launcher first with the correct account and then use the SIX launcher.

Then I guess there's still the ingame player character, you can either startup the game first and switch player character, use separate windows accounts, or set startup parameters in the options like -name; http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma2:_Startup_Parameters#Profile_Options

In any case will add Player Character selection into the Launcher; https://dev-heaven.net/issues/34142

Sickboy =( Six updater actually patched my game no problem, was able to get into the game with out issue, the only problem now is that my launcher still shows 1.7.1. I would partition more log files and work with you more but a storm unexpectedly surged my computer so no more dayz for me until I get a new one hehe.

All the best

I tried it, but will not use it. why?

because there is no way to filter the server list.

I need to heavy filter it, and also make favorites.

because there is no way to filter the server list. I need to heavy filter it' date=' [/quote']Both the Launcher and Updater support filtering.

In the launcher you can search for server name.

In the Updater you can search all the fields, above the column headers.

and also make favorites.
Both the Launcher and Updater support favorites.

In the launcher its the star icon in front of servers.

In the updater its the 'fav' column checkbox

You can also sort on any column by clicking it's column header.

Lastly the core functionality is incremental updates without hassle, should be useful even without server browser.

I need to heavy filter it,

Majorly improved server browser incl much better filtering will be available in the next-gen software.

Perhaps you can specify your needs?

Sickboy =( Six updater actually patched my game no problem' date=' was able to get into the game with out issue, the only problem now is that my launcher still shows 1.7.1. I would partition more log files and work with you more but a storm unexpectedly surged my computer so no more dayz for me until I get a new one hehe.

All the best

[/quote']Sorry to hear! Re stuck to old version info - my response in the ticket has some info on it.

I have a Problem with the Six Launcher. Today it worked fine, and i played DayZ

But in the evening i started the Launcher and getting this:

WxceptionType

System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException

The invocation of the constructor on type 'Microsoft.Windows.Shell.WindowChrome' that matches the specified binding constraints threw an exception.

Target Site

Void RewrapException(System.Exception, System.Xaml.IXamlLineInfo, System.Uri) @ System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader

I Deinstalled the program and reinstalled it, same problem.