sickboy

Six Launcher - Easy Install/Update, Find/Join DayZ servers, worldwide network

I am using the six updater because I like the idea of having everything under control but never gave a try to the launcher because is always stuck at updating (see attached screenshot).

Do I have to setup something for it? Am I forced to setup some setting or does it uses the steam launch parameters I'm using?

Is it normal that the launcher shows me insane pings when the ingame browser shows me different latency values? (differences from 45-60 to 90).

I have no av/firewall (except for the basic router firewall and the clamwin portable antivirus with no realtime scanning).

I am using the six updater because I like the idea of having everything under control but never gave a try to the launcher because is always stuck at updating (see attached screenshot).

Do I have to setup something for it? Am I forced to setup some setting or does it uses the steam launch parameters I'm using?

Is it normal that the launcher shows me insane pings when the ingame browser shows me different latency values? (differences from 45-60 to 90).

I have no av/firewall (except for the basic router firewall and the clamwin portable antivirus with no realtime scanning).

Few questions:

How long is it stuck on that Updating state?

What version of the Launcher is it? (Actually seems to be recent' date=' from what I gather from the picture)

What are "insane pings"? The launcher should start with 9999 pings, and then update to the proper pings after a while. Doing the pings is a lengthy process.

Does the basic router/firewall have the latest firmware? Any "flood protection" features?

[hr']

If you could share the log files, this could give us some better view on the issues; http://www.six-updater.net/p/support.html

Few questions:

How long is it stuck on that Updating state?

What version of the Launcher is it? (Actually seems to be recent' date=' from what I gather from the picture)

What are "insane pings"? The launcher should start with 9999 pings, and then update to the proper pings after a while. Doing the pings is a lengthy process.

Does the basic router/firewall have the latest firmware? Any "flood protection" features?

[hr']

If you could share the log files, this could give us some better view on the issues; http://www.six-updater.net/p/support.html

I allowed the application to remain stuck at Updating state for ten minutes before force-closing it and, when re-opened it asked me again to update just to repeat the same process.

For what I see on the bottom left corner of the launcher window I am using 10.0.0.91

For insane pings I mean: server x reports 45ms from ingame browser and from the launcher, same server, I see 90-100ms reported.

My router/firewall is uptodate and I swear I never had a single problem with any application or game.

I'm uploading a bug report with logs attached at dev-heaven.net, SixUpdater section.

I get a graphical error when i try to run six luancher and with steam option on? what is wrong?

Sickboy - thanks for the instructions on how to launch with Steam. I have followed the instructions and it has worked.

Many Thanks

Sickboy - thanks for the instructions on how to launch with Steam. I have followed the instructions and it has worked.

Many Thanks

Sure, any time!

anybody else find this clunky and hard to learn/use?

this past update has been hard to get to work. id spawn in the middle of the hills somewhere off the map with my dude, "miguel" saying formation somthing blah blah blah. quite irritating since before this update everything worked just fine.

anybody else find this clunky and hard to learn/use?

The Six Launcher hard to use? Or the old Six Updater?
this past update has been hard to get to work. id spawn in the middle of the hills somewhere off the map with my dude' date=' "miguel" saying formation somthing blah blah blah. quite irritating since before this update everything worked just fine.

[/quote']That should be unrelated to the updater, rather has to do with the mod/update, see the changelog thread etc.

Im having some serious issues ever since the release of 1.7.1.1 and 1.7.1.2 ... Before these patches were released, updating Six launcher/updater was easy but ive been having round the clock issues now and i wanna get back into playing Dayz!!

First issue

updating.th.jpg

Just sits there doing that for 2/3 mins

Then...

unhandled.th.jpg

The game launchers after I hit okay. I actually get into the multiplayer lobby except I cant see even myself on the list. When I hit okay, the list shows up but everyone is grey and soon i get a authentication error.

I use the updater and this always shows up even though Ive "Install /update mod and launch game"

checkk.th.jpg

Ive even validate and repaired it and the yellow check is still there.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game and Six many times, same problems every time =( Ive looked everywhere on google and this is the only place ive found anyone talking bout the program Six.

What am i doing wrong?

Hey thanks for details and screenshots, could you please also include the log files?

http://www.six-updater.net/p/support.html

In any case on first sight it seems the Aussie mirror is out of sync, it seems overloaded, strange enough that it doesn't tag the mirror and move on to the next.

Sorry Sickboy. Im trying to attach my logs on here and they dont work =/ I tried pm you too but you blocked it =P

I can copy paste here but its alot of text =(

The AU mirror has been synced up properly again in the meantime. The logs are still very useful though so I can figure out how to improve the error detection, or see what's going on.

Im going to make an account and place a ticket. Ill check back on the updater soon

Lol i think i did it right! =) let me know what you find!

Lol i think i did it right! =) let me know what you find!
Looking good, thanks! Added analysis to the ticket.

it would be nice if there was an option to rollback and play with previous versions. not only are some servers slow to update, but some are purposely rolling back or staying with previous versions.

it would be nice if there was an option to rollback and play with previous versions. not only are some servers slow to update' date=' but some are purposely rolling back or staying with previous versions.

[/quote']Currently there are no plans to support older versions, AFAIK DayZ policy is also only hosting the latest version.

However since there are some server update delays etc we can at least improve the situation by making the update optional when trying to connect to an outdated version.

Also the launcher at least indicates if server is running the latest version or not.

Improving the server update process (updating asap) if needed is imo preferred.

The testing of the latest version also drives the development and especially bug reporting and feedback, the sooner those occur the sooner fixes can be deployed as well :)

How can I get the Launcher to utilize Steam (to record playtime and to use Steam Overlay)?

When I check off the option to use Steam when available, I get a "Error creating Direct3D 9 Graphical Engine"

How can I get the Launcher to utilize Steam (to record playtime and to use Steam Overlay)?

When I check off the option to use Steam when available' date=' I get a "Error creating Direct3D 9 Graphical Engine"

[/quote']Due to steam limitations there are some manual steps involved currently:

http://www.six-updater.net/p/documentation.html

"I get a graphical error when starting the game when both the Beta, and Use Steam Launcher are enabled"

what does a yellow/gold server indicate?

Newer version server (according to the version number in its name)

Ah, okay.

But I do not have the Beta checked off and this is still happening, but I guess it doesn't matter?

Ah' date=' okay.

But I do not have the Beta checked off and this is still happening, but I guess it doesn't matter?

[/quote']

The current mod version requires the beta to run.

why does it add shortcuts (six updater & six launcher) to my desktop EVERYTIMEi run the six updater?