sickboy

Six Launcher - Easy Install/Update, Find/Join DayZ servers, worldwide network

The page that I linked has the steps and info. But otherwise you could perhaps take on Banshee's offer.

sry' date='but i have no clue how i should do that :(

[/quote']

You should really get on Skype and we'll fix it. :)

Hey Jamskis; the games should be detected automatically but there are situations like missing registry keys' date=' moved folders etc that prevent this from working.

[/quote']

Could be moved folders in that case, was going to reinstall game anyway. Lets hope it works.

Configureable ARMA2 Original game path (aka separate CO installation) will be available in the next build:

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/33201

This is wonderful news, thanks for making things easier for non steam version users. Keep up the good work ! :)

I just installed the updater after previously manually installing the mod, I installed and ran the updater and then tried to connect to a server, every time I connect I get disconnected by battleye and I get the message "battleye restriction #16".

New build released! You can now manually configure the ARMA2 Original path as well: https://dev-heaven.net/issues/33201

Also servers are displayed in a different color now based on if the server is up2date or out of date, etc. https://dev-heaven.net/issues/33242

The user is warned when he tries to join an older version server.

I just installed the updater after previously manually installing the mod' date=' I installed and ran the updater and then tried to connect to a server, every time I connect I get disconnected by battleye and I get the message "battleye restriction #16".

[/quote']

This could be a server issue, or using some overlay etc, best check on the BI Forums.

sry' date='but i have no clue how i should do that :(

[/quote']It seems the problem you're experiencing might be a mod issue, there seems to be more posts around the forums, also read there should be a hotfix perhaps soon.

Sickboy - not sure if this is the right place to post but have just updated to latest version (UK time 12.10 Monday morning 18th June) and when I tick the "launch with Steam" option, I get the "Error creating Direct3D 9 graphical engine" message. The game runs fine with the "launch with Steam" option unticked. Is there a setting i am missing?

Thanks

Heya, for Steam to work with the Beta, you need to copy the expansion\beta\armaoa.exe to your arma 2 oa installation folder.

Of course make a backup of the original exe. This is a limitation in the Steam launcher: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2728714

We have a ticket open on the matter, but solutions currently aren't ideal; https://dev-heaven.net/issues/33055

Why does the six launcher download 16 mb everytime i launch it ? I can start it, download the 16 odd meg ,play for a while , quit , restart and it needs another 16 meg again before i can get to the server list. Is this normal ?

If this has already been adressed ...i could not find it :)

cheers

hey

Just tried to update keep getting error (502) Bad gateway. Dont know if its my side or what updated once early today and worked fine. Thanks

Edit

Waited a hour come back seems to be working again

Why does the six launcher download 16 mb everytime i launch it ? I can start it' date=' download the 16 odd meg ,play for a while , quit , restart and it needs another 16 meg again before i can get to the server list. Is this normal ?

cheers

[/quote']There have been several updates recently to address issues and people's wishes. Unless you can reproduce the issue if you close the software, start it again, close again, start again, then all should be fine.

Otherwise uninstall software and reinstall latest version.

Frequency will drop again, and improved upgrade etc procedures are in the making.

hey

Just tried to update keep getting error (502) Bad gateway. Dont know if its my side or what updated once early today and worked fine. Thanks

Edit

Waited a hour come back seems to be working again

Probably high load on auto-update servers, will improve capacity.

Why does the six launcher download 16 mb everytime i launch it ? I can start it' date=' download the 16 odd meg ,play for a while , quit , restart and it needs another 16 meg again before i can get to the server list. Is this normal ?

cheers

[/quote']

There are a lot of fixes, new features etc. for the launcher. Since we obviously want to get feedback, on the new stuff/fixes, there is an auto update for the launcher as well. It's also not possible to test all diffrent combinations of hardware/software, since there are too many different firewall, avir, etc. solutions out there, so many different system configurations and all that. It's nearly impossible to test, so we just test on 1-2 systems and in some VM's. Sometime updates are released 3-5 times a day if there are urgent fixes to do.

We need the feedback and bug reports. If you have a serious problem and you let us know instead of just saying "this shit doesn't work, don't use it!", well most likely be able to fix it, if it has to do with the launcher.

Yesterday we even did support via Skype in a very weirded case. So people, don't moan, tell us how we can help you. Easy! ;)

This program does not work, nor has it ever worked, for me. Not when I installed it two days ago, nor when I just updated it now. I select a server and I get a big "Update" button on the left. I click it, it downloads some things (presumably) and then locks up. I kill it and try again, same result. It won't let me join servers. I gave up on it, updated manually, joined a server through the ingame interface, worked fine.

I realise it's a free piece of software, but we must be in pretty dire straits if this is the best, officially supported means of updating the mod. It's slow, buggy, locks up and outright fails to do what it says on the tin.

I really don't see the point of it. Does DayZUpdater not work anymore?

This program does not work' date=' nor has it ever worked, for me. Not when I installed it two days ago, nor when I just updated it now. I select a server and I get a big "Update" button on the left. I click it, it downloads some things (presumably) and then locks up. I kill it and try again, same result. It won't let me join servers. I gave up on it, updated manually, joined a server through the ingame interface, worked fine.

I realise it's a free piece of software, but we must be in pretty dire straits if this is the best, officially supported means of updating the mod. It's slow, buggy, locks up and outright fails to do what it says on the tin.

I really don't see the point of it. Does DayZUpdater not work anymore?

[/quote']

Question: Do you run any sort of desktop firewall, antivir, system protection? We've been reported freezes and lockups in conjunction with the Comodo Firewall and are investigating possible fixes for that issue at the moment.

I can just say that for me and exept for some cases we hear, SIX Launcher works perfectly for most people. But if your system or other tools prevent it from doing it's work, obviously it fails on you. Sadly enough. But please provide us with further info, so we can investigate and fix. :)

Yea that's definitely not the experience as it should be, and isn't on most common systems.

Also TS3 Overlay can cause weird UI behavior, unresponsive behavior etc.

We're working hard to tackle issues if it's possible from our end, and a new FAQ will be up soon as well.

The best aid is reporting details, log files etc to Support; http://www.six-updater.net/p/support.html

We're pretty quick and lean on fixing and deploying, with your help we can improve.

Question: Do you run any sort of desktop firewall' date=' antivir, system protection?

[/quote']

I run Avast! antivirus. I have no desktop firewall software running.

Question: Do you run any sort of desktop firewall' date=' antivir, system protection?

[/quote']

I run Avast! antivirus. I have no desktop firewall software running.

Make sure the software isn't running in an Avast sandbox and that all SU included utilities are excluded from the software.

Besides, is the software really locking up or are you running out of patience ;-)?

Mirrors might be busy at times etc. Getting your application log file could be helpful http://www.six-updater.net/p/support.html

The link is not working since it's been overused, Any idea on how long until it's back up?

Hiya, I just wanted to give my deepest thanks for super fast reply to compatibility issue with DayZ launcher and actually doing patch (extremely fast even) to fix the issue.

It worked like a charm !

My game boots now without any hiccups and patching game is no longer head ache. I couldn’t be the only one who had issues with updating every time new patch happened so this must be big relief for quite a lot people.

I would’ve posted this on the thread that I started at the forum (https://dev-heaven.net) but it was already locked so I decided to put this right here.

So once again, thanks for all the hard work you’ve put in to this wonderful mod in this wonderful game. With all the negativity going around I bet you guys don’t get enough praises so I’ll take my hat off, good sir(s) ! :)

NP there Jamski, thanks for your kind words (some people could learn from that :P), glad to read your issues got sorted, stay tuned for more improvements :)

If anything else comes up or if you have some feedback/feature requests, be sure to let us know.

Just for the record, not sure if you meant it that way, but we're not directly affiliated with the DayZ mod team, mod credits goes to them, SU tools to us ;-)

I don't know why but this applications is so clunky I cannot use it.

Everytime I press a button it freezes for 1-2 seconds and then act, every server is signed as 9999 ping and there is a delay for every action I try to do.

Also, it seems it takes forever to refresh the serverlist.

I am sorry because the idea behind this application is awesome but, I see no real advantage to use SU instead of the in-game server browser.

I don't know why but this applications is so clunky I cannot use it.

Everytime I press a button it freezes for 1-2 seconds and then act' date=' every server is signed as 9999 ping and there is a delay for every action I try to do.

Also, it seems it takes forever to refresh the serverlist.

I am sorry because the idea behind this application is awesome but, I see no real advantage to use SU instead of the in-game server browser.

[/quote']Are you using Six Updater or Six Launcher.

In case of the Updater you need to manually enable "Incl ping+countries".

Hanging, delays and other things are usually caused by security software (AV/Firewalls), and modem/routers that are blocking or throttling traffic.

The benefits of the server list in Launcher compared to game are:

* Favorites

* Sortable columns

* Able to see Difficulty level used on the server

* Visual indication of mod version status/compatibility

* Able to queue servers that are full, until slots are available

* QuickPlay - randomly select a server with enough free slots, and players on them.

* View which players are on a server (select server, wait shortly, hover over playercount)

* Protection status indication

If these are useful to you is of course depending on your usage.

The Launcher is very new software, and we have a lot more in store for you :)

The Updater is much older, and has serious UI and User Experience design flaws and issues, but basically does everything you can imagine re mod/server etc management. The next-gen suite that is in development will sort all that.

The major benefit of both tools is Incremental updates, which saves lot of bandwidth and time for users and hosters alike.

A feature that should be available coming week or so for instance will be Buddy Lists, with online status, seeing which server they are playing on, and able to join them directly. Servers in the server list will also indicate if buddies are playing on it etc.