sickboy

Six Launcher - Easy Install/Update, Find/Join DayZ servers, worldwide network

The launcher should have absolutely no effect where you spawn in game. The Updater/launcher doesn't communicate with the DayZ master server to put you random places. If you're spawning in the ocean, you might try to take a few more logical steps to solve your problem before blindly blaming something that clearly couldn't cause your problem.

Is it possible to add a routine were after updating the game beta' date=' it would also copy the arma2oa.exe file from the beta folder to the OA folder? (to keep the Steam overlay)[/quote']

Looking into some options, probably can do it, but would use an alternative exe name not to overwrite original exe etc.

Thanks for considering it!

Would it be possible to add in more filters? Ping, Max Players, filter locked, etc?

Would it be possible to add in more filters? Ping' date=' Max Players, filter locked, etc?

[/quote']Sure, will look into it :) https://dev-heaven.net/issues/33064

Is it possible to add a routine were after updating the game beta' date=' it would also copy the arma2oa.exe file from the beta folder to the OA folder? (to keep the Steam overlay)[/quote']

Looking into some options, probably can do it, but would use an alternative exe name not to overwrite original exe etc.

Thanks for considering it!

NP, here's the ticket btw; https://dev-heaven.net/issues/33055

Nice =) looking forward to filters.

Heard this application (well Six Updater specifically) being mentioned by the BI guy at e3 as been a good app to sync mods!

13:35

Also seems version 93825 got sorted on BattleEye, now working on servers.

Whenever I use the Six Updater Launcher, it doesn't respond to my clicks, until I click off of the window, then it inputs my action in, why is this? Because the whole thing does that and I can't do anything with it.

This launcher made me get kicked from all game servers... i dont like it.

Whenever I use the Six Updater Launcher' date=' it doesn't respond to my clicks, until I click off of the window, then it inputs my action in, why is this? Because the whole thing does that and I can't do anything with it.

[/quote']

Can you please create a ticket at http://dev-heaven.net/projects/six-arma-updater/issues/new ? And provide us with as much information as possible? We'll then directly look into your problem.

This launcher made me get kicked from all game servers... i dont like it.

The launcher didn't get you kicked. There was a wrong file signature on it. It was fixed ASAP and works now. :)

THANK U again for this, got me game all updated swiftly, hassle free how it should be.

There is absolutely nothing user-friendly or appealing in any way about this thing....

i gotta admit, i've been using 6 updater for a few years and it's giving me the shits today, re downloaded dayz 4 times and it keeps coming back to saying 1.7.1 *check*. not updating properly.

hideous nightmare.

yeah...uninstalling this RIGHT now....

I'd rather update them all manually.

Gents instead of complaining, you could simply ask for support. Hell, yeah, you'll get it. :P

Pyro_Marine: What's your problem exactly? You're too stupid to just use one single button?

EDIT:

To clarify all this: SIX Launcher in general works great and serves it purpose. Don't forget you're getting it for free and the bread an milk doesn't just appear on the devs desk so he has to do normal work as well. :)

If you have a problem, bug, suggestion or anything else, shoot it. The support normally is very good and ASAP. Much more than you can ask from companies you actuall pay.

Lol tough talk over the internet. Watch out guys. We've got a bad-ass over here.

When I used it, I felt like I was trying to work with EA customer support.

When I used it' date=' I felt like I was trying to work with EA customer support.

[/quote']

Well if you specify what you problem was, what could be done better, it will be done better and your problem solved if reasonable. This application is highly WIP and changes a lot during the process.

So if you give me more than "It felt wrong" we can actually improve that part. :)

Tired of slow and difficult update procedures' date=' full servers and long waiting times ?

Presenting the [b']all new SIX Launcher, featuring:

• Easy Installation
  • A variety of Mod selections like (DayZ, ACE, PR, CWR etc...)
  • Incremental mod updates
  • Click and Play feature
  • Auto-queuing on full servers
  • Customizable real-time server lists
  • World wide mirror network
  • Choose your Favorite servers

and more.....

uom10.png

(Check the Image album for more images)

No more waiting on the Server-list screen, searching for your favorite server, we keep you in the game, so you can keep looting and slaying!

Get the SIX DayZ Custom launcher today !!!

Click Icon to Download

168blza.png

(or download section for latest)

SIX, click and play.

Supplemental info

For more advanced use, there's the full fledged Six Updater also

We support our projects with great care, in case of issues or feedback, please find our issue tracker; http://www.six-updater.net/p/support.html

Several features and improvements are already planned and should be released coming weeks.

Easy? I must be a full blown derp. seems like it does a whole lot except work

Yeah it took way longer to update with this because it kept freezing, so i just did it manually.

Click on "Quick Play" (the big button) and it will automaticly join a free server with a reasonable ping. If you're not up to date, it'll update first.

Select a server an click on the button. It'll join the server then or update the game/beta if need be.

Where is the problem?

Yeah it took way longer to update with this because it kept freezing' date=' so i just did it manually.

[/quote']

Hey Luke, can you provide us with any further info about the freezing? I'm not able to replicate it.

Hiya, great mod and all but after the latest patch I've had few difficulties joining in servers. Sorry if this has been asked before but I'll try to be "brief & spesific" at the same time so please don't throw me to zombie pit !

So for starters, I have the Arma X Anniversary edition, so it's been a bit cryptic to get patches and stuff to begin with (had to use Arma II launcher so it detects "CO" & manual DayZ updater to update my game).

My problems started when I tried to manually update the game as before since it seemed to work ok but now I've tried to login about 30 different servers, always getting to debug forest and respawning doesen't seem to work either because instead of debug forest I get stuck to debug hill with 100 players there.

So I asked my friend for help and he pointed out this awesome launcher but I keep getting issues with setting it up correctly.

First time I opened launcher it asks me to specify 3 different paths for my Arma II and I'm not exactly sure how you're suppose to set line which says "Pack Path". I've tried multiple folders for this but each time I try to join server I'm getting this "no entry '.profilePathDefault.' "

Any help with this issue would be much appreciated. :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT:

After tinkering few hours with launcher I managed to get a bit further in to the problem. It seems launcher doesen't understand that I have both Arma II and Operation Arrowhead (= no CO).

Is there any way to work around this ?

~ Hugs and kisses, looking forward for reply

Hey Jamskis; the games should be detected automatically but there are situations like missing registry keys, moved folders etc that prevent this from working.

Did you get the games from Steam? Also I dont think it you are able to start the game or join a server if it wouldn't detect it properly.

Perhaps you have some issues with router/modem, not sure.

I think the problem is elsewhere. Are you joining servers with the same version as you ?

For better analysis please send the log files etc; http://www.six-updater.net/p/support.html

guys,pls can sum1 help me? im trying since houres 2 get the 1.7.1 patch working ..i tryed all install.options ...now i deistaled the game and reinstaled again...(i got the CD version (arma2 anniversary) so what i do next after i instalt arma2 and OA ??? so,m1 pls help :) im rly trying since atleast 5-6h !

Hey OB1,

what exactly is the problem? What do you exactly do in order to solve the problem? Where do you install the game to?

If you have Skype, write me a PM with your username and we'll solve it directly with Sickboy. :)

Whenever I use the Six Updater Launcher' date=' it doesn't respond to my clicks, until I click off of the window, then it inputs my action in, why is this? Because the whole thing does that and I can't do anything with it.

[/quote']Solved by disabling TeamSpeak3 overlay; https://dev-heaven.net/issues/33207#change-137055

well ,i done alot ...in those 4-5h so i dont know anymore! there was allways alittle letter in the middel of my screen saying ur version ist out of date go to dayz/downloads and dw the current version! so now i reinstaled all and dont wanna fuk up again :D so step for step what i do? after fresh istaled arma2 and arma2oa (CD VERSION no steam)