demine0

hive.exe and hiveauth.exe stopped working

Hello,

I've had a server running the past few days. After a crash last night, I went to restart everything, and received the following errors on both hive.exe and hiveauth.exe.

<< HIVE AUTH >>

Attempting mySQL connection...

Could not connect to database.

First attempt failed, are you whitelisted?

My server was whitelisted by Matt(Or Vipeax, not sure which one) a few days ago, and as far as I can tell was running fine before the crashes. The server IP is 66.90.74.203.

Can't say I've had this issue (except for the HIVE crashes), but have you done any file editing on your server which may have caused a blacklist?

(If nothing, try a reboot and check again)

I haven't done any file editing. I think the server may have been black listed from too many mysql connection attempts. One of the last crashes caused my monitor to go insane and open 20 instances of hive and hiveauth.

Still having issues with this. I e-mailed and Pmed all the devs on IRC. Still haven't heard anything back.

I haven't encountered this problem myself. All I can recommend is updating the hives to 0.9.1 if you haven't already, and seeing how they behave in the new build.

I think it's a deeper issue. The dev team is looking at it right now.

My server was also whitelisted, but still wouldn't connect to the database. I had to send another email describing the problem and it was solved in 10 minutes. Try sending another request for whitelisting and tell them about issue you are having.