macscottie

DayZ Gameplay Tutorial - Beginner Guide with Tips - Stealth, Nighttime, Daytime

All of the tutorials I've been seeing are already outdated. Some are from when you still started with a pistol, some are from when there was still no hatchet in the game, and some are from people fully geared with a silenced M4 and Ghillie suit.

The purpose of my making "another" tutorial is that it's not just a tutorial, it's me playing the game from the start with no weapon or gear. It's so people can see how to sneak around, survive, and gear up when they first start to play DayZ.

So I hope you enjoy, and I hope you learn something, even those of you that have already been playing for a while.

note: the video is actually only 37 min long. It will be updated "soon".

Getting Started - Movement, scavengable building types, Using your toolbelt 00:45

Icon Explination - 2:10

Stealth Explination - 2:47

First Weapon, Z Evasion, First Zombie Encounter, and Hunting Explanation - 3:52

Using Roadsigns and a scavengable building example - 9:42

Using Chat - 12:06

Entering the Town and switching to Daytime - 12:45

Buiilding types and the kinds of loot they contain and scavenging tips - 13:18

More stealth explination and movement tips - 16:40

Bandaging - 18:50

Using the Toolbox - 20:08

My first Gun - 21:00

Scavengable building example - 21:47

"Buried Loot" and how to get to it - 23:06

Using Flares and some PvP tricks and tactics - 26:52

Using Water Bottles and Status Effects Explination - 28:54

Shooting Loudness and Hunting - 32:13

Edited by Jester814
  • Like 29

Hey, it even demonstrates what happens if you just randomly prance around in open field, fire a loud gun (Lee Einfield) and hang around too long...

(spoiler: it involves a bullet from a sniper)

I'm downloading the game atm and this will be very usefull :)

thank you!

Thanks for this, I was getting sick of "tutorials" where the player either

a - starts with a pistol

b - miraculously finds a dead player to loot within 5 minutes of starting the game

Seriously, the HARDEST thing for a newbie to do is actually entering a building and getting a gun, something most tutorials just completely skip.

Edited by Rael

ScbRU.png

Someone lacks reading comprehension.Actually hell you lack the ability to read itself it seems.This my friends is what we call a untelligent troll aka moron.

-) High quality video? Check

-) Great tutorial? Check

-) Typical DayZ survivor "end of the day"? Check :D

-) Bonus: pun line? Check ;)

Well done! Gonna recommend this guide to my friends who start playing. Welcome to DayZ.

Only thing "missing" IMO is how to use chemlights - which might be a better choice than the flashlight, because you can still use a weapon and see things. Sure, downside is that you can't put them out as fast as a flashlight, but other players have to be way closer to you to see the chemlight glow.

Edited by Teiwaz
  • Like 2

Only thing "missing" IMO is how to use chemlights - which might be a better choice than the flashlight, because you can still use a weapon and see things. Sure, downside is that you can't put them out as fast as a flashlight, but other players have to be way closer to you to see the chemlight glow.

Yep I was gonna go over chemlights and flares, but I didn't find any of either until I switched to the daytime server, and by the time it was night again, all I had was the flares! Oh well. :P At least I got flares, but I didn't go over picking them up and carrying them. Damn I just thought about that ><

Oh well I'll maybe make another one in a couple of months when the game is completely updated and different again.

Very helpful guide thanks for this. I even took some notes, so now my Day 1 journey will begin tomorrow. Thanks again :)

Sounds good - Will check out guide later. I'm always interested in new guides that take time to show new things or even old things in a new light. I'm mostly interested in watching:

Getting Started - Movement, scavengable building types,

Icon Explination - 2:10

Using Roadsigns and a scavengable building example - 9:42

Entering the Town and switching to Daytime - 12:45

Buiilding types and the kinds of loot they contain and scavenging tips - 13:18

More stealth explination and movement tips - 16:40

Using the Toolbox - 20:08

Heads up OP! Beans being slung your way...

I said heads up. That was entirely your fault. Fine, have my bandage.

Edited by kander
  • Like 1

Heads up OP! Beans being slung your way...

I said heads up. That was entirely your fault. Fine, have my bandage.

shut up and take my beans!

(this time, aim for the 'nads)

(this time, aim for the 'nads)

oooof. 57 varieties of ache..

• Like 1

oooof. 57 varieties of ache..

i can be cruel when i want to.

• Like 1

All of the tutorials I've been seeing are already outdated. Some are from when you still started with a pistol, some are from when there was still no hatchet in the game, and some are from people fully geared with a silenced M4 and Ghillie suit.

The purpose of my making "another" tutorial is that it's not just a tutorial, it's me playing the game from the start with no weapon or gear. It's so people can see how to sneak around, survive, and gear up when they first start to play DayZ.

You have my beans, Sir! finally someone who understands that people in Ghillie suits explaining stuff isn't the same as a really fresh character with nothing but a flashlight showing how it's done live in the video.

This is a really good guide. Gonna put it to the test after work. (Subbed)

Yep I was gonna go over chemlights and flares, but I didn't find any of either until I switched to the daytime server, and by the time it was night again, all I had was the flares! Oh well. :P At least I got flares, but I didn't go over picking them up and carrying them. Damn I just thought about that ><

Oh well I'll maybe make another one in a couple of months when the game is completely updated and different again.

Pretty sure you'll get a chance to do a 2.0 version ;) And hey, at least new players still have something left to figure out for themselves.

Until then, be proud of making the (IMO) best starting guide ever made for this mod.