Sign in to follow this  
Maximilian (DayZ)

Tents not saving inventory and dissapearing

Date/Time: 21 April, around 3pm (NZ)

What happened: I pitched a tent outside Berezino and went in to loot the town. While it saved the gear I put in the tent when I returned from looting Berezino, the tent had dissapeared when I disconnected then reconnected an hour later.

Where you were: Berezino

What you were doing: Looting and storing gear.

Every tent except one that I have placed near Zelenogorsk has never saved any of my gear after reconnecting. Either someone really likes looting a lot of meat and cans of sardines or the server just completely forgets it. The only tent that has saved is bugged in that it has saved my gear from one point about 2 weeks ago. It will remember that I have 1 crossbow and 1 bolt, i'll take it out into my inventory, disconnect and reconnect then I have the crossbow and bolt in my inventory + the tent would have magically have the same thing in its inventory as if it never left. I cant place anything in that tent either or it will dissapear after reconnecting.

The tents are not 100% working at this time, so items or even whole tents might get lost during restarts.

I lost my sanity after searching around one night for 5 hours straight trying to find my tent before someone told me they were server specific then another 4 hours running around after finding the right server only to have someone tell me they were bugged lol.

I wanted to not be a hobo...a vagrant...to have a place I could call home...my little tent on the zombie prairie.

I lost my sanity after searching around one night for 5 hours straight trying to find my tent before someone told me they were server specific then another 4 hours running around after finding the right server only to have someone tell me they were bugged lol.

I wanted to not be a hobo...a vagrant...to have a place I could call home...my little tent on the zombie prairie.

I remember that day.

TBH Persistence should be the first thing to add, 100% working persistence.

Then add other things :)

Date/Time: May 2, 2012

What happened: Pitched a tent. An hour later server crashed and restarted. Went back to tent (about 15 minutes after I reconnected). Everything in tent gone and there was a second tent pitched next to mine.

Where you were: A little north of the southern part of Balota Airfield.

What you were doing: Looting and storing items.

*Current installed version: 1.5.3

*Server(s) you were on: EU2

*Your system specs:

*Timeline of events before/after error: Server went down around 11:45 or 12 p.m. (EST). Prior to that, I had stored 3 different guns, two dozen medical supplies, at least 10 - 12 different stacks of ammo, 10 cans of food, and some other miscellaneous things. After I reconnected to the server, I went and looted the military tents and the airfield again - which took about 15 - 20 minutes - then hiked back to my tent. I came to find a second tent pitched next to mine with both tents empty.

I find it hard to believe that someone looted all the items I had in my tent within 20 minutes and transferred it to another tent. I searched the area and couldn't find any other tents except for mine and the other one directly next to it.

That happened to me twice... First was very similar, including server crash, two tents apeared, packed them and one just get bugged in the inventory, was ok for me, didn't lost anything (my tent was empty, I was just testing) and just assumed it was a bug, cause the server crash, etc...

Second was a little bit diferent, it started worst, just looking for a right place (north Novy Sobor), when I decide to pitch it, I got hurt! Though it was a nearby Z or someone just shooting... after taking cover, bandaje and also painkillers to stop the shaking... nothing, no one in the proximities, no Zs, no players. I supose I hit my thumb with a rock mounting the tent... Just looted the town, and move again... This time, North Stary Sovor (old field). This time I just mounted my tent as usually, no hurt this time. Move to the town and back again, go hunting and just filled the tent with food and weapons.

Few hours later, once rturned the game after several hours, my tent was empty and alone, I was sure some one just found it and take everything with him. No problem, I can deal with that. I decided to undo my way, moving from North stary sovor to North Novy sovor, and to my surprise, in the exact place I put my first tent (north novy sovor), another tent apeared, check for players, decide to steal a bit and then saw in the scroll menu 'pack tent'...

Don't know for sure, but I have now the same feelings Patrickollo, maybe there is something wrong with tents.

Sorry about my bad english!

The technical term is that "tents are fucked". Its difficult balancing it all, 1.5.4 will be out soon which should address alot of the tent/vehicle database sync issues... hang in there guys.

Anything important, always keep in your PERSONAL inventory!!!!

• Like 1

The technical term is that "tents are fucked". Its difficult balancing it all' date=' 1.5.4 will be out soon which should address alot of the tent/vehicle database sync issues... hang in there guys.

[/quote']

+10 rocket, that's why I don't worry at all about tents, all the stuff I got in there is expendable, keep the good work!

This issue took place with a group tent today. We saved all the tents, but the server went offline for a good 2+ hours. Would this effect it at all? We have the tents, just our stuff is gone.

My tent items have also been disappearing upon returning to camp. This has happened on multiple occasions to which I simply left camp never to return.

My play style is that of a pack rat. Any decent hardware I find I bring back to camp asap and then continue scavenging. However because of this bug days of running around have pretty much been wasted.

I almost never go looting now since I know I can't actually save the things I find.

We have different Tent bugs in our camp. Some lose their Items after Server restart. Some get Items after Server restart. Some Tents reappear after Server restart and so on. This really needs to be fixed. It defeats the purpose of Tents/Hording/Setting up a Camp because you cant rely on it. This even makes the current Endgame obsolet cause you cant set up a camp for you and your fellow survivors.

The technical term is that "tents are fucked". Its difficult balancing it all, 1.5.4 will be out soon which should address alot of the tent/vehicle database sync issues... hang in there guys.

I've also found my personal inventory to be buggy lately. As in, items having disappeared when I log in. Examples include bandages, food/drink, ammo clips. The safest place actually seems to be in a backpack.

Make sure you click "save tent" on the scoll menu after your done with it each time.

I'm having problems with any tent I place not saving my items (saved old camping tent 10+ times to be sure) and in some cases duplicating to 3 tents

So frustrating

Tents have been extremely unreliable lately, I used to have a decent camp by a lake with extra alice packs, weapons, car parts, essentials, that all dissappeared with the most recent update. Then I set up 3 tents on US 607 that lost their gear/dissappeared upon server restart, then set up 2 tents on US 608 just to have the same issue occur. I don't even bother with tents at the moment, I've spent too much time setting up camp just to see it all dissappear.

The tents are not 100% working at this time...

An exceedingly generous statement...

Still bugged for me:

Version: 1.7.2

BETA version: 95054

Server: US 386

----------------------------------------

I put two weapons and some food and drinks, after a day, it was all missing, but I'm sure no one found the tent, because I had some vehicles around and they and their gear are still there.

1.7.2.3 - 95054

Well i noticed that we cant have a tent safe in our inventory or in a server. Tents dissapearing from inventory and also from servers. Items dissapearing also from inside the tents and also guns and other stuff from our inventory.... This happens very very often. Teleporting with no gear etc etc...

Date/Time: Yesterday, throughout the night.

What happened: My friends and me moved our camp, we placed the tents, and hours later, when the server restarted, they were all multiplied and we lost 99% of the items in them.

Where you were: Chernarus. Can't give away the location.

What you were doing: Moving our camp, using tents.

*Current installed version: 1.7.2.3 / Beta 95054

*Server(s) you were on: LA17

*Timeline of events before/after error: We left the server to go to sleep, and about 8h later, we joined and the tents were muliplied and empty.

We lost three tents full of medical supplies, we lost about 4 tents full with ammo as well. Luckily, we left the guns in our Ural, so they saved, but we lost pretty much everything we had stored. Tools, Food, ammo, medical stuff, other tents, car parts. This sucks ass, took us a long time to collect all that shit.

Also, there is no apparent way to destroy that mass of tents aside from packing them. One of ours died and he cant pack them anymore, and his tents are EVERYWHERE! Mmmmkay thanks, please fix.

Edited by SirTai

1.7.2.3 / 95208

US 8 VA

20min ago

Went on server, build up tents. Put gear in. Server announces restart in 5min. We save the tends and disconnect. We reconnect, all gear gone in tents.

Also, we put up before restart a tent at a location we didn't like and took it with us again. After server restart said tent was standing there again.

Edited by Takas