@Williamcullum1

Why is there so many pussy's on DayZ

Why exactly do you play this game if not to get immersed in its atmosphere? Why do you play any game? Why is it so upsetting to you guys that somebody can play a game at an emotional level that you cannot understand? Let gamers game.

• Like 9

Emotions are unique to every person. Calling people pussies, because you don't feel the same way about an issue, makes me think you need to re-think your life.

I! need to re-think my life? I'm not struggling to expect myself as a person, loosing sleep, and forever thinking of people I have killed ON A VIDEO GAME- They're the people that need to re-think their lives

Why exactly do you play this game if not to get immersed in its atmosphere? Why do you play any game? Why is it so upsetting to you guys that somebody can play a game at an emotional level that you cannot understand? Let gamers game.

I'm not getting upset I was bringing up the topic to see how overs felt about it

By extension, Old Yeller was just a movie, you shouldn't cry cause that dog died. It wasn't real.

If this game made you stop a moment before you pulled that trigger about the ramifications of one's actions, then it did its job.

And if this is just a game and we shouldn't care, why the fuck are we even fucking playing in the first place?

• Like 2

Who are we to judge if it's true or not. What is true for you might be false for the next person. Virtual you say, as I see it, it's just an extension of man.

Sorry, are you saying you see DayZ as an extension to YOU?

I'm sorry you can't get into it as much as those people can.

Maybe you should play more "shallow" games. If fun or a time-sink are the main things you are looking for there are way better games than DayZ. Way, WAY better ones.

I am not judging you, people are the way they are. It takes a certain kind of personnality to get immersed in a fictional story.

Maybe you should consider playing another game.

• Like 1

William, if you're so keen on understanding the way other people spend their time (and feelings) you will need to postpone your judgement for the sake of understanding.

• Like 1

No I don't believe it is part of life to feel bad of killing someone through VIRTUAL interaction. I think if you're getting so worked up you find it hard to sleep or you feel guilty for a day then you need to spend some time outside in the REAL world. It's not true emotion

Well if they're no true emotions, then the satisfaction of success in this game isn't real either right? Like, surviving zombie and player attacks, gathering better equipment, essentially just beating the game.

It's all just happening in the game, so it's not real and we should just all stop playing right away...

Just because the source of these emotions is emulated doesn't mean that they can't be real in their effect. People go to the theatre or cinema and they cry over dramatic moments...those are real feelings.

• Like 3

By extension, Old Yeller was just a movie, you shouldn't cry cause that dog died. It wasn't real.

If this game made you stop a moment before you pulled that trigger about the ramifications of one's actions, then it did its job.

And if this is just a game and we shouldn't care, why the fuck are we even fucking playing in the first place?

Because we like to take some time out of our day and spend some time doing something we enjoy, but I'm not saying don't care but someone people say that they heard the players voice echo as they tried to sleep on night.. that is taking seriousness to an extreme.

Because we like to take some time out of our day and spend some time doing something we enjoy, but I'm not saying don't care but someone people say that they heard the players voice echo as they tried to sleep on night.. that is taking seriousness to an extreme.

I think i've missed something, who is hearing players voices at night?

I think i've missed something, who is hearing players voices at night?

A post I read a while back said something how all he could hear before he went to sleep was the guy calling friendly don't shoot...

Wow this thread is moving fast....there were like 10 answers while I wrote mine :D ....so @OP: Some source on those extreme emotions?

Edited by c4tch22

Off topic: The only voice i ear at night is my wife, and she says: Get the fuck out of that computer moron, you have a wife !!!

lol

• Like 9

I! need to re-think my life? I'm not struggling to expect myself as a person, loosing sleep, and forever thinking of people I have killed ON A VIDEO GAME- They're the people that need to re-think their lives

That's a gross over exaggeration. While I'm sure there are people that get upset or feel bad about killing others, I guess some of it is because we know nobody likes getting killed, losing your gear and starting over. It sucks. The more you play the game the easier it gets though. I think the emotion would be more aptly described as empathy. You're anger and inability to understand that it's a natural emotion, regardless of the context, is scary.

• Like 5

To me it feels like there are way more dicks and assholes in this game...

Not aimed at anyone in particular, well maybe it is

If someone on voice chat was begging for their life id tell them to stop whining they'll die one day then I'll shoot them...and then they will be dead and i'll carry on with my life and no I have not be desensitized to death... It's a GAME not real life.

Edited by CLewis

I don't think everyone understand this but I'm talking about the EXTREME emotions...

Don't you envy these people? Being able to actually FEEL these strong emotions? I'd love it myself.

Now if you don't envy these people and you think they are pathetic, why do you play a game which is mainly directed towards this kind of people?

Do you enjoy toying with emotional people?

• Like 2

ARE. ffs

I could explain to the OP why his post is hopelessly stupid. But I'm afraid it will be wasted on someone so hopelessly stupid.

Ignorance is bliss anyway so I'm sure he's pretty happy with himself.

That's a gross over exaggeration. While I'm sure there are people that get upset or feel bad about killing others, I guess some of it is because we know nobody likes getting killed, losing your gear and starting over. It sucks. The more you play the game the easier it gets though. I think the emotion would be more aptly described as empathy. You're anger and inability to understand that it's a natural emotion, regardless of the context, is scary.

It's what I read... It's not an exaggeration.

I can respect OPs opinion, I do not agree with it but still.

But calling good people, kind people "pussies" is just really, REALLY bad behavior. Some people just don't like to feed upon other peoples misery, some people have empathy when they see people suffer, some people don't want to hurt, some people just aren't evil.

I must say one thing, this may be a game but it is NOT a normal game, it is a simulator, meant for you to be immersed, and if people are more immersed in the game, feeling strong emotions in it, then it is a successful "social experiment".

Don't bash on such a harmless minority in this community, we need more friendlies, we have enough bandits as it is, and you shouldn't be bothered if they feel strong negative emotions in this game, as it is their problem and won't harm you in any way.

• Like 2

If you pull the trigger on someone who, in a desperate cry, begs you let them live and don't have a significant emotion behind it, put the game down. You've been desensitized to death a killing to a point I hope I'll never have to cross.

When someone begs you for their life and you end it still, that should make you feel bad. You are bad, feel that way.

But remember they woke up somewhere later on the shore and consider what you may have done differently in real life.

Don't you envy these people? Being able to actually FEEL these strong emotions? I'd love it myself.

Now if you don't envy these people and you think they are pathetic, why do you play a game which is mainly directed towards this kind of people?

Do you enjoy toying with emotional people?

Nope and 'cause I enjoy playing the game... you can play a game like this without crying about it yanoe?