@Williamcullum1

Why is there so many pussy's on DayZ

It's a computer game, yes. But it is real. The feelings are real.

Are you real, William?

• Like 18

I think you need to rethink your point of view mate. Of course you are not killing people, but you when you kill someone in DayZ you delete potentially hundreds of hours of spent time getting gear and surviving. That's why people feel frustrated when they get killed and also guilty when they kill other players that are not a direct threat. It's part of the game and it's fucking awesome that it works this way.

• Like 46

Wait what? are you saying players shouldn't be immersed and feel bad about killing other players(since now that player has to start over.)

killing people is actually affecting their personal lives

I was so happy! For maybe the first time ever, a person on an internet forum used the verb "affect" correctly! What rapture!

And then this happened:

if it's having the affect on them...it's a computer game, they're not real

Thanks for restoring my faith in humanity. For 10 seconds.

• Like 27

I was so happy! For maybe the first time ever, a person on an internet forum used the verb "affect" correctly! What rapture!

And then this happened:

Sozzzz mat

It's a computer game, yes. But it is real. The feelings are real.

Are you real, William?

Of course I am real but it's not a life...it a game people shouldn't get upset.

I think you need to rethink your point of view mate. Of course you are not killing people, but you when you kill someone in DayZ you delete potentially hundreds of hours of spent time getting gear and surviving. That's why people feel frustrated when they get killed and also guilty when they kill other players that are not a direct threat. It's part of the game and it's fucking awesome that it works this way.

I can see why one may feel guilty for a minute or two but not to the point where they're getting nightmares and finding it hard to accept themselves as a human now...which I have seen. I just think players are taking the game way to serious and need to calm down a little. It's a game, when you log into a server you're accepting other players will be online and have to accept the fact that one day you will die and kill.
  • Like 2

Of course I am real but it's not a life...it a game people shouldn't get upset.

Agreed, it is not life. But is it not a part of life? To feel when interacting with other people, be it physical or in other ways.

• Like 5

Why do people have a problem with killing people on a GAME, I don't understand why players are getting so immersed with DayZ that killing people is actually affecting their personal lives I have read numerous posts were players have said how upset killing someone has made them and how guilty it has made them fell; personally I believe this is extremely sad and they need to stop playing DayZ if it's having the affect on them...it's a computer game, they're not real and you're not really killing people, grow a pair and get a life. These people seriously need to take a break from the game and re-think what they're doing with their lives if they're getting so worked up and upset over it.

I believe you are missing the reason a lot of people play games. It's escapism. If you are able to get that immersed in a game, that is a quality I wish I had.

• Like 3

And then this happened:

You must have missed the title of the thread.

• Like 3

Agreed, it is not life. But is it not a part of life? To feel when interacting with other people, be it physical or in other ways.

No I don't believe it is part of life to feel bad of killing someone through VIRTUAL interaction. I think if you're getting so worked up you find it hard to sleep or you feel guilty for a day then you need to spend some time outside in the REAL world. It's not true emotion

I can see why one may feel guilty for a minute or two but not to the point where they're getting nightmares and finding it hard to accept themselves as a human now...which I have seen. I just think players are taking the game way to serious and need to calm down a little. It's a game, when you log into a server you're accepting other players will be online and have to accept the fact that one day you will die and kill.

I will give my beans, a coke, a soda and (yet to come) FULL whiskey bottle !!!

When I kill someone in dayz I cut my arm as a punishment... It's too much pressure I tell you

Jheeeze same here man :/ I've even considered bringing out the rope a few times...
  • Like 1

Who are we to judge if it's true or not. What is true for you might be false for the next person. Virtual you say, as I see it, it's just an extension of man.

• Like 5

I believe you are missing the reason a lot of people play games. It's escapism. If you are able to get that immersed in a game, that is a quality I wish I had.

For some people maybe it is ideal...but I still stand by my word that if you're loosing sleep over it you're taking the game WAY to seriously.

It's not true emotion

Emotions are unique to every person. Calling people pussies, because you don't feel the same way about an issue, makes me think you need to re-think your life.

Edited by Flurf
  • Like 11