Daddy'o (DayZ)

vehicle "hoarding", what the hell is it?

This post will be a review of the game, "Walking in the woods for 6 hrs"

Just so I can say I did it, I went to nearly the top of the map walked all the way from West to East kind of looking where I thought I might hide one. Then, I walked from the NW corner to the coast. It may have been more than 6 hrs, I dunno. I didn't find squat except a sketchy bandit tent base that I already knew about. So in 6hrs, I saw 1 rabbit, 0 zombies. Not fun. Would not do again. It is not a game. I'd rather be at work. I can also say if all the vehicles are in one place, it can take a ridiculous amount of time to find them. Anyone suggesting this is how the game should be played is a troll.

So, I recommend

Days until vehicle respawn dynamic from 2 to 7 days proportional to the following

• How far is it from the nearest building (every 1000 meters further would make it respawn 1 day sooner if not used)
  • How many vehicles a person has saved (every vehicle you save decreases respawn time by 1 day if not used)

The fixes have to take into account people do work hard to fix up a vehicle and should be able to keep it, even if they have a job in real life :)

The reason clans take ALL the vehicles on a map is to prevent people from using vehicles to find theirs, gaaaaaay

Basically if one person saves 7 vehicles at the edge of the map, he better save every single one, every day or they all poof, while at the same time if he has one hidden somewhere clever, he gets to keep it for 6 or 7 days without touching it.

Hoarding vehicles?

Oh sorry, :>

You have exactly one non-crap vehicle there. Good luck hiding those rainbow-colored civilian vehicles on a server that actually has a lot of players for any length of time.

Get more than one UAZ, multiple motorcyles. And maybe the Gaz (fastest vehicle on pavement in the game, huge fuel capacity, only one per server). Then I'll be impressed.

P.S. lol @ your tractor. Why even bother?

Anyway...

Speaking as someone whom currently has multiple vehicles collected among his four-person 'team'...

I fully support reducing the vehicle despawn-and-reset-when-not-in-use interval to 3 days instead of 7. I agree, 7 days is far too long. And if I'm not using a vehicle for more than half a week, not even for storage, then I don't deserve to have it. Let a player who is more active in the game enjoy it.

Oh yeah, and guys? Pro tip?

You really wanna hold on to your vehicles, then DON'T HIDE THEM ON THE MAP FRINGES.

THAT'S WHERE EVERYONE LOOKS.

Be a boss and pick a clever location in the center of the map somewhere. Thick copses of evergreens off in the middle of the woods with no obvious landmarks, taking care it's not on some logical straight-line trajectory between two places players are likely to visit.

I have hidden vehicles in the middle of the map on a server in the 90th percentile of popularity for WEEKS.

Edited by cogwheel

As a player who plays in a clan from time to time, we like to have enough vehicles that on some nights (usually weekends, aka Friday/Saturday night) we can do some night time raids etc. Problem is, all our vehicles eventually get stolen. In order to actually have enough vehicles for the nights we wanna have a bit of fun we have to constantly steal vehicles, whether they be from other players camps or their spawn points or whatever. Because we usually roll these night time raids with at least 6 people we usually need at least 3 vehicles. ATVs are really good, but guaranteed if we only take 3 ATVs there will be nothing left of them by the weekend. So we steal as many as we can and hide them so we have any chance of doing what we want to do. We are vehicle hoarders because they are constantly stolen or destroyed on site. If people left them alone, we wouldn't need to take more than our share.

Edited by sostronk

Simple solution to the whole thing. Vehicles are moved back to their original location 48-72hours after their last save. 72-100 hours after their last save they are reset completely (cargo wiped, and repair reset). If you are unable to save your vehicle at least once every 3 days then you have no need for it. If a clan is active on the server then saving their vehicles that often is not a problem, but this will solve the problem of scripters, and troll clans gathering up vehicles on servers they don't play on actively.

I hate that clan member (the server clan) takes all the fucking vehicles and doesnt use them. They might use them when there is like 10-20 ppl in and they often are 4-5 ppl using a shitty car aswell.

Devteam should change that cars that havent been used in 24H should be relocated or respawned.

So if I find a chopper, repair it, and then take a break from DayZ for one day I should just lose what I worked hard for?

Our vehicles were disappearing from even the most remote locations too and we suspected hackers.

Turned out one of the admins was hoarding them to one location.

ArmA2OA2012-08-1620-20-43-67.jpg

ArmA2OA2012-08-1620-20-57-94.jpg

About thirty seconds after taking these screenshots a UAZ came screaming into the camp containing said admin and another player.

I did not show any mercy.

My mates came and we moved every vehicle of value - still have the UAZ to this day - and destroyed the rest with their camp.

• Like 1

GUESS WHAT??? Make it so that every clan can only save up to two vehicles (excluding helicopter). PROBLEM SOLVED BITCHESSSSSSSSSSSSSS