Sign in to follow this  
chaR

Last Patch fucks up my graphics badly

My mate had some of this tonight so I'll be watching this to look for an answer!

Here, have a can of beans for your troubles.That should make you feel better :lol:

:beans:

they're called artifacts. or rather, black squares that are out of place. some are colored, but most are black. don't know the fix for it.

2 of my buddies experienced, for the first time, that as well tonite, one got an ATI card, the other some nvidia gfx card.

Apparently if you press: ctrl and numpad +, then type "flush", it should fix it. Would be helpful if someone could confirm.

Just out of interest, are your gfx card drivers up to date? I'm running a nvidia 570 without any problems

yea, updated them a few days ago actually.

The game isn't playable for me like this. The moment I enter cities thsi shit starts happening.

We were playing as a group of 4 people, 4 totally different pcs, all 4 of us had the same/similar problem.

Seems server related, me and 3 mates were the only players on a server, and 3 of us all got the artifact bug at the same time. Suddenly, looking in a specific direction will yield lots of geometrically flat textures and it seems to be connected to the server, since it happens to all of us at the same time. Bad model info, some info sent by the server might give an instruction to spawn loot that was accidentally removed when Rocket removed all non-DayZ assets, and when you try to look that way, the game can't render an object it cannot access.

It is an engine issue, I remember the exact same artifact bugs turned up in Operation Flashpopint when there was problems with rendering a specific model.

Edited by Flatline
  • Like 1

Yes my GFX card is updated, NVIDIA GeForceGTX 570. Me and my friend reached the airfield and got this problem, then because of it we both got killed. Bullcrap.

Edited by ZombieMaster

I get this too in certain areas. I'm running a gtx 670. I heard that it is due to some barbed wire fencing issues. Not sure if that's true or not, but it happened around Stary army tents where people tend to put up wire and also in Elektro. I actually had to take a completely different route in a vehicle because I couldn't see anything in front of me and didn't want to smash up my truck.

I've heard it's either from barbed wire or some dead military zombie models. Tents at Stary Sobor and some places on NWAF are affected by this heavily.

Apparently if you press: ctrl and numpad +, then type "flush", it should fix it. Would be helpful if someone could confirm.

it doesnt do jack shizzle, i tried it and still had issues, but then i started fiddling around with my gfx settings and it dissapeared, but it will surely be back when i startup the game again.

I've had this for a few weeks so it wasn't the latest patch that caused this, i've also read that it is to do with barbed wire.

Also pressing left shift and right -- and typing flush does seem to remove the artifacts.

Edited by JADO

I am having it too. Really frustrating, cannot see if there are zombies or players about when a giant freaking polygon appears in my face and acts like a wall.

And it just started after the last update today.

Edited by ImpZ

I've had this for a few weeks so it wasn't the latest patch that caused this, i've also read that it is to do with barbed wire.

what happened before this patch was a little gfx glitch from BARBED WIRE, my friend went and removed it and it was gone(this is really weird now that you say it has nothing to do with the barbed wire)

Now its also related to tents aswell as "military objects", so i dont know where you have read that if you even have.

Edited by Zyfer

Speaking of military objects... The graphical glitches I was getting was close to Balota or whatever the place is called Airstrip, bunch of jeeps, barbwire, etc there. And crazy graphical glitches all over the place.