Sign in to follow this  
theRapist

Disable wirefence (till graphic glitches removed)

please remove those wire fences, DayZ is unplayable with 1.7.4, you can't see anything with those glitches everything is grey.

And even more awful - trolls keep setting them everywhere up so you can't play ( or why is are wire fences - which dont block anything - in the middle of cherno necessary).

• Like 8

I have to agree remove the wire fencing altogether it serves no real purpose other than for griefers to block doors etc. Artifacting in game makes these areas no go as you can't see a thing.

• Like 2

i like the fence, if you actually had friends to play with you would notice it proves helpful if you are holding off zombies/bandits

• Like 1

Wire fencing is very useful, it is just a bit annoying when it is used with mal-intent. I do however agree, the fencing NEEDS to be removed/wiped from ever server until it can be fixed. With this update, it has gotten worse. All time high of how bad it is. Can't see popular spots, or my base. The wire is horrid right now.

• Like 1

i like the fence, if you actually had friends to play with you would notice it proves helpful if you are holding off zombies/bandits

eh yeah, let me check

wire blocking barracks [check]

wire blocking firehouse cherno/elektro [check]

collect wires, put them everywhere because fuck you [check]

wire graphic glitching like shit [check]

zombies walk/glitch through wire fences when put in building so good luck with that

and loot camping is really awesome, so please let those wires in!

tell me what i should do with my friends with those wires, collect em and barricade every spawn point for players? FUNNY IDEA!

we stay mostly in the forrest, this tends to be way better holding off zombies and for killing bandits than camping somewhere in town

Wire fencing is very useful, it is just a bit annoying when it is used with mal-intent. I do however agree, the fencing NEEDS to be removed/wiped from ever server until it can be fixed. With this update, it has gotten worse. All time high of how bad it is. Can't see popular spots, or my base. The wire is horrid right now.

per se wire fencing isn't bad, just when griefers lay their hands on it.... wire fences have to be fixed somehow so they can't be missused, till then i'd like to see them removed

Edited by theRapist
  • Like 4

Barbwire doesn't stop zombies, only players. It's been used mostly by griefers from what I've seen.

And I agree with OP, needs to be disabled until the graphic glitch is fixed.

As an aside, I think players (and zombies) should be able to walk through barbwire, but it does damage from the player that set it (for good or worse for that player's repuation) and slows the player/zombie down by a third (ontop of the fact you can only walk through it, that can be pretty slow).

So, you could use it to hunt (setup barbwire trap and lure a horde through it) or players could use several rows of it to make it impossible to reach places (three barb wires in a row would reduce speed to a really frustrating speed or one or two barbwires on a steep hill would make the hill impossible to climb).

• Like 4

As an aside, I think players (and zombies) should be able to walk through barbwire, but it does damage from the player that set it (for good or worse for that player's repuation) and slows the player/zombie down by a third (ontop of the fact you can only walk through it, that can be pretty slow).

So, you could use it to hunt (setup barbwire trap and lure a horde through it) or players could use several rows of it to make it impossible to reach places (three barb wires in a row would reduce speed to a really frustrating speed or one or two barbwires on a steep hill would make the hill impossible to climb).

I like this idea, slowing players/zombies down, damaging them and making them bleed, this would even more realistic then the current model which breaks your legs.

• Like 1

I have to agree with the starter of this thread. Wirefencing is a pain in the but and makes the game unplayable for me. Even the flush command does not work for me. My graphic card is a ATI Radeon 6950.

• Like 1

These things need to go, not even because of the graphic glitches, I was just in a server where we had guys patrolling electro and cherno in fully decked out gear, setting up fences in the firehouse, supermarket, office building, church, and a bunch of the industrial buildings, it was terrible, no respawning person/noob could get a foothold. I got killed and tryed to get some gear, it looked like they hadn't got the supermarket covered yet, but no, they were just camping it with a LMG and shotguns.

• Like 1

I like this idea, slowing players/zombies down, damaging them and making them bleed, this would even more realistic then the current model which breaks your legs.

It can still break legs if you try to run through it, but having the slowing and blood damage makes them more managable, especially with griefers.

Bandages and beans are plentiful. If each slow walk through a single row of barb needed 2 bandages and 2000 blood (and the threat of being caught there not only walking but slowed), it would still make people stop and think but wouldn't be an impossible hinderance.

Would also be nice to be able to use barb between trees at different set heights (straight, not curled), so you can set it high to do tons of head damage to people running, medium height to damage runners/sneakers (more to runners of course, or require people to go prone under), and low height to break the legs of runners (and be almost impossible to see while running).

That is, once the glitching is fixed.

Edited by Mallissin

I agree, get rid of them, i cannot play anymore because every town is full of wire that people set up and then leave.

I was actually going to make a suggestion thread to remove the barbwire before I found this thread,I would like to see Barbwire or, CAT1, removed for the following reasons 1: I was going to raid the Stary military tents but, NO! Every time barbwire is in my viewing area of my screen, my ENTIRE screen is covered in white/grey layers of graphical error. I could only get into about 2 tents because they were out of view of barbwire. 2: Like everyone else says, griefers block everything; churches, firehouses, stores, random-ass corridors. 3: They are so difficult to remove, unless you spend a few minutes trying to get the right angle on one of those stacks, you can't get to that awesome rifle in the firehouse.

I noticed that in 1.7.2.3 there are very little/no graphical glitches, and I thought that was excellent, then when 1.7.2.4 came, the glitches where 3 times worse than previous versions' glitches.

Wire doesn't stop zombies whatsoever. They walk through it like it's not even there. And since 99% of wire use is by trolls randomly blocking everything, I agree it needs to be removed until a more full system is implemented or players can slowly move or it or something.

Wire doesn't stop zombies whatsoever. They walk through it like it's not even there. And since 99% of wire use is by trolls randomly blocking everything, I agree it needs to be removed until a more full system is implemented or players can slowly move or it or something.

^This this this.

Also, like ScouterIV said, it seems to graphically glitch big time, it must die for now. Also, as for walking slowly through it? Imagine how many threads there would be of people breaking their legs in it due to bugs. If bugs didn't happen? The I'd want it.

Edited by CarloNord

The wire fence and tank trap thing is ridiculous and has ruined gameplay for me, i cant even look at Chernogorsk military tents because it just fills my screen with graphic glitches black and grey/white triangles and odd shapes, i might aswell just turn my monitor off and run around blind.

it makes the game pointless because just about every important loot area e.g. Elektrozavodsk firestation, militray barracks, balota etc is just impossible to navigate with the problems that we are all experiencing from these place-able objects.

When you're experiencing the graphical glitches

Press Shift+-(num)

type "flush" without quotation marks.

This will most likely solve your graphical errors.

When you're experiencing the graphical glitches

Press Shift+-(num)

type "flush" without quotation marks.

This will most likely solve your graphical errors.

Care to direct us to a video for proof?

Care to direct us to a video for proof?

What this flush command does is clearing the virtual memory. It can provide an fps boost (major one in some cases), but I have never heard of this command making graphical glitches/artifacts dissappear. However, using this command is safe from what I can tell you - it's built in the game and for everyone to use whenever they need to do it, it doesn't do anything that is illegal or against any rules that DayZ may have. I will try it later today and see if it solves the graphical artifacts.

i am not sure but maybe i found a fix... i got this fucking glitches everywhere, i tried to reinstall DayZ completely remove @DayZ folder and install again, it was working for a .. while, now i tried to install a newest graphic drivers, If you have Nvidia try beta (I installed them,problems may occur,on your risk) and now if i look at barbed wire.. i dont see those glithes.. not sure if it will work for a while like before, or if it will work for all time, just try that..

Screen tearing is terrible this patch.

Agreed, please remove wire fencing. At least until the graphic issue related to it is fixed.

Only temp fix I found myself was to restart the game and that itself only last for a while.

i had this isses earlier today...found a fix that worked for me!

My grapics card drivers were up to date.(current)

but i decided to reinstall them again to the most up to date driver again, even though they were already update.

and guess what! FIXED! no more graphics tear...had my fun at NW airport...ppl running arround looking at the ground and here i am BAM BAM BAM 3 kills in a row...good stuff.

• Like 1

Just get rid of the wirefencing. It's just a tool for griefers.