Flurf

How much revenue has Dayz pulled in for Bohemia Interactive Studio?

I think it's awesome that this great company got a huge boost in sales. They really deserve it. I was wondering if anyone had any numbers on the sales? I know some people buy off the site itself not just steam.

Another question, I heard once that Rocket was hired by them? I hope this is true as well!

Yeah Rocket was working for them before he started on DayZ I think?

Not sure on the sales though.

Yes Rocket was hired, So I imagine a good number of sales had to do with this mod. Also, since ARMA II has been a top seller on steam now for a while, its safe to say it made some good money for them. Exact number, I don't know.

Its supposed to be a standalone by christmas, so things must be going good :)

They actually haven't made a whole lot of money off of it, I'm sure, because the amount they get from most sales is tiny. They'll make a lot shit load of money if they convince Rocket to port the game to ARMA 3. As for the man, he was an employee before making the mod.

Yeah Rocket was working for them before he started on DayZ I think?

Not sure on the sales though.

Awesome! So far I've seen they've really let him work and mold the game to his vision, which isn't something you'd see normally. I'm really glad for that! Are they going to push into studio development for stand alone or is Arma 3 still the center stage?

Edited by Flurf

They actually haven't made a whole lot of money off of it, I'm sure, because the amount they get from most sales is tiny. They'll make a lot shit load of money if they convince Rocket to port the game to ARMA 3. As for the man, he was an employee before making the mod.

You actually serious? Not a lot of money from sales?

You actually serious? Not a lot of money from sales?

Yeah. It's a notable amount of money, and massive publicity, but when the game was on sale on Amazon, each copy bought gave Bohemia 8 cents on a $16 purchase.

Yeah. It's a notable amount of money, and massive publicity, but when the game was on sale on Amazon, each copy bought gave Bohemia 8 cents on a $16 purchase.

They have to be getting more than that on steam :unsure:

Wouldn't it be (very roughly) something like:

(Number of unique DayZ players * percentage that didn't already have ARMA) * (Average selling price of Arma2 * percentage of sale that Steam doesn't keep )

Feel free to plug in your own numbers.

It's annoying when people try to claim that nobody has made any money off the mod, especially given that Rocket is clearly being employed by BIS. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing bad about making money, but lets not be naive about it. Tens of thousands of people have bought Arma2 just to play Dayz.

Where the fuck are you getting that ridiculous number?

Hundreds of thousands have bought the game (not even just one game, technically) for DayZ. No doubt there. It's just easy to overestimate how much money you get from old games selling. Steam has the upper hand in negotiations, because you could sell your game and get peanuts, or you could not sell your game on Steam and get nothing. Margins shrink like Costanzas when sales are involved.

Sorry what? 8 cents on a $16 purchase? where are you finding this information

How much revenue has Dayz pulled in for Bohemia Interactive Studio

Who the fuck cares about that. Are you looking for a share in the profit ???

Why the fuck are you being such an asshole? He's just interested. Honestly if you don't care and just want to be bittert don't post and shut the hell up.

And as for how much they've made, well considering the best sale they've had on steam was like $18 (at least recently), and it's the top selling game, I'm sure it's quite a lot.

• Like 3

Okay, to the folks asking, here's my sourcing.

For the record, Amazon screw the developer over majorly with this. I doubt BIS will receive a cent from this sale.

May they rot in hell for all eternity.

The margin that they receive per unit sold on Amazon is the following:

1 unit at $14.79 (before IET) sold for $15.01 (After IET) = 0.20 cents profit for Devs

0.20 cent profit after Margin and titling = 0.08 (-+ 0.01) per unit to devs.

0.08 cents per copy is what they made.

Go fuck yourself Amazon.

Rocket also said "sales hurt developers."

(and you'd better believe Steam isn't miraculously different; it's the same business model (but then we're talking degrees of douchebaggery and I don't actually know Steam's numbers because they like to keep secrets))

Edited by snafuu

Im sure BI get's enough kickback from giant's like Coco Cola and Heinz, or hasn't anyone told them yet :) errrrrrr "cough cough copyright cough"

• Like 1

^^ LOL ^^

Obviously Flurf does, and I'm sure others are curious as well. It's just a question, nothing wrong with that.

Okay, to the folks asking, here's my sourcing.

(and you'd better believe Steam isn't miraculously different; it's the same business model (but then we're talking degrees of douchebaggery and I don't actually know Steam's numbers because they like to keep secrets))

I doubt Steam screws them that hard

It's actually just best to ignore hateful comments that try to incite drama. Leave that for the queens.

Yea, the profit margin seems terribly low, even without seeing the amount of sales. If it did give them more sales though, despite the profit margin, it's still more than they would have had. Given the the amount of publicity Dayz has brought though, it's hard to believe. I wish it was higher for them.

Why the fuck are you being such an asshole?

It's just because i think, that when i enjoy a game, i don't care about the profit that the developers, builders, mooders, whatever you'd like to call them do.

That's just not up to the players, i just enjoy the game, nothing more. As long as we have something to get entertained about, why should we care about how much money they make?

"Who the fuck cares about that."

Obviously he does you duck. Edited by Inception.

"Who the fuck cares about that."

Obviously he does you fucking moron.

I love you, and i will marry you... Just shave your ass!!!

I am shocked they haven't been sued by Cokie and Pepsi yet honestly.

Some how I don't think the deals are as bad as OP says, but of course his evidence supports it. Just 2 quotes do not make the whole truth though.

My educated guesses: someone is going to make 30 million somehow. Don't ask me who. I think I had just calculated 1 million sales times $30 I know that is off, but some people paid $50 or even $100 for this game. Don't forget that. When I started there was 100k players, now it's close to 900 thousand. You do the math.

I assume that Rocket makes a normal (average) developers salary. BIS seem like good folks, but they are (were) tiny really. Rocket should be seeing a nice bonus for Christmas this year.

Beyond that I think that we will see either ArmA 3: DayZ (mode or DLC) or DayZ will become a standalone and at that point hopefully Rocket will have broke every major "rule" in gaming and might have made a real masterpiece. DayZ is a HELL of a start.

Edited by DayZPvP.com

Beyond that I think that we will see either ArmA 3: DayZ (mode or DLC) or DayZ will become a standalone and at that point hopefully Rocket will have broke every major "rule" in gaming and might have made a real masterpiece. DayZ is a HELL of a start.

Yea, I remember reading some stuff a while ago about how some developer's didn't really think that a realistic type survival had any kind of market. I'd be kicking myself in the ass for not doing better research on market and investing into it, if I were them.

• Like 1