Benlandia

[OFFICIAL] 1.7.2.4 -- Stuck at loading screen

uploaded my @dayZ file into winrar on dropbox i can play with the 1.7.2.4.

https://www.dropbox....zlsm/rBW9xgbWoe arma2 ao directory put in @Dayz.winrar in right click extract here write all

if u don't trust it don't download it

Has anyone actually tried this?

Where are people getting this?

If you don't want to update using six, then don't update. Just launch the game. See the huge green dropdown arrow in the top left? Change it to launch the game instead of install and update. And it does tell you if you need to update or not. A yellow hexagon near the selected preset means updates are available, green means everything is up to date. You can launch without updating just by changing the button to launch game instead of update preset pretty easily.

What the fuck are you talking about? I presume you're not using Six Launcher, because this is what I see:

eaIdZ.png

and there is no huge green dropdown arrow, nor anything else you're mentioning.

uploaded my @dayZ file into winrar on dropbox i can play with the 1.7.2.4.

https://www.dropbox....zlsm/rBW9xgbWoe arma2 ao directory put in @Dayz.winrar in right click extract here write all

if u don't trust it don't download it

I appreciate the offer of help, but could you please explain exactly what that file is, what it does, and whether it will permanently affect the game?

What the fuck are you talking about? I presume you're not using Six Launcher, because this is what I see:

same shit that i see /// suck at loading screens :/

eaIdZ.png

and there is no huge green dropdown arrow, nor anything else you're mentioning.

What this guy said.

Also, same issue

no fix, the patch is broken and supposed to have been rolled out to a few people to test, PANTSONRETARD SixUpdater DIDNT GET THE MEMO, and fucked half the playerbase who now can't play until 1.7.2.5 hotfix comes out

Where did you hear this at?

Same issue here. For people saying this has happened with previous patches: roughly how long did it take to correct?

This update has been subjected to only closed testing with around 50 players, it is released to players who want to help check if this is a good update under capacity

SixUpdater will only host the update once we have confirmed we are satisfied with the update

Server Owners: PLEASE update your builds to the latest (95389) beta

omfg yay i'm one of the 50 people

post-40165-0-28064000-1343425303_thumb.p

Edited by omgwtfbbq

Make sure that your arma is up to date (95389) and 1.7.2.4. Pay attention to what server are you connecting, does it run the same Arma version. I'm using Dayz commander for connecting to servers after updating my game with SixLauncher. Works ok, I can join 1.7.2.4/95389 servers no problem.

I've uninstalled sixupdater, am manually putting the old client files in and updating arma 2 beta to the newer version.

Will report back.

Same issue here. For people saying this has happened with previous patches: roughly how long did it take to correct?

I've waited 30 mins to no avail, so at this point I think it's hopeless.

I spent an hour trying to get on random servers. i finally did and got booted 5 minutes into it. something about a failed BattlEye update thing.

Considering every one of my 6 friends have it.. All of us updated using SixLauncher about an hour and a half ago.. Don't think it's our fault.

• Like 1

I spent an hour trying to get on random servers. i finally did and got booted 5 minutes into it. something about a failed BattlEye update thing.

Same here.

Just trying to catch the actual cause as it's odd how none of us had this issue, which makes me think that the people having the loading issues have a common situation that is beyond just 'running 1.7.2.4' as then everyone should have it.

Thanks for putting this together Vipeax - good idea!! Here's mine:

Current Versions

Start-up Method:

SixUpdater

Source of Files:

SixUpdater

File Sizes:

SKV8s.png

Just a thought: I realized my Arma II is not up to date to with the newest patch because I play through Steam. Could that be the common denominator here?

Edited by DifferentFrogs

Current Versions

Start-up Method:

SixUpdater

Source of Files:

SixUpdater

File Sizes:

SKV8s.png

Just a thought: I realized my Arma II is not up to date to with the newest patch because I play through Steam. Could that be the common denominator here?

I have exact same spec like the file size is identical and I'm stuck at loading screen...

Edited by Akufen

I got it working.

I updated the beta patch to 95389 and the client to 1.7.2.4. I'm not using sixupdater now.

All Good! :)

I would suggest doing the same (updating the beta patch...)

Edited by katlord_kromdar

Could you see if you manage to get 1.62.95389 working, instead of 95248?

I got it working.

I updated the beta patch to 95389 and the client to 1.7.2.4.

All Good! :)

Kinda what I'm thinking at this point.

Current Versions

Start-up Method:

SixUpdater

Source of Files:

SixUpdater

File Sizes:

SKV8s.png

Yes. From what I read on the 1.7.2.4 post, you REQUIRE beta 95389.

To launch that with Steam:

1) Install 95389 - if you need it: http://www.dayzmod.com/beta/ARMA2_OA_Build_95389.zip

2) Since you start it through Steam you should have launch parameters set up for "-mod=@dayz" if I'm right? In that case: Change that to "-beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion;@dayz", then grab the arma2oa.exe from the Expansion\beta folder and overwrite your main arma2oa.exe inside the root folder of arma 2 operation arrowhead (as in: The original file).

3) If you start the game up now it should say 95389 and 1.7.2.4 in the lower right.

• Like 2