obi_lipnik

Allow respawn again

The decision to unallow the option of respawning is really uncalled for. The spawn locations are unbalanced, so if you want to fix the "players respawning for a good spawn", you should look to balance the spawns not make them run into a town to get eaten so they're spawned somewhere that guns spawn...

Also, the respawning doesn't work even with broken limbs - tested on multiple servers.

I believe it's fixed.

Respawn being disabled - Pros and cons (please, bump with your suggestions and i'll add them)

Pros:

- Players don't stress the server by respawning for a "better spawn"

- Players can't respawn for a spawn closer to their body

Cons:

- Not allowing players to "reset" in case of a blocking issue

- No alternative to painfully long death by starvation in unordinary cases where there is no other option

- No getting out of an already bad enough situation with hackers involved (cow, teleport, etc.)

- No way of ending your life if you're depressed (it is a simulator after all...)

Alternative ideas (Please, post these too...):

- Keep respawn disabled, but:

• Hunting knife ability to "cut veins"

- Make "respawn" have a few minutes of cooldown

- Spawn locations near your deceased body (5km radius or something...) are disabled

Edited by obi_lipnik
  • Like 1

Well, since it's been so thoroughly tested...

No. And there will be a fix for the broken bones thingy. Lets wait and have fun in the meantime.

I agree with the OP. In fact I think we should be able to choose our spawn point. That would make it easier for people who are playing with friends, and people who want to stay away from pvp areas.

Yes .. u spawn in wilderness thanks please bring it back !

No

No. And there will be a fix for the broken bones thingy. Lets wait and have fun in the meantime.

Can you please tell me why it is a good idea? If someone wants to respawn, they can kill themselves with zeds

I just don't see it as any good- unless...

they would make the hunting knife one of the spawn items and give it a right click ability where you cut your own throat and blead out in a few seconds... Now that's a good idea!

I agree with the OP. In fact I think we should be able to choose our spawn point. That would make it easier for people who are playing with friends, and people who want to stay away from pvp areas.

You've got to be kidding right? Cherno and Elektro are already hot spots for getting killed and are the best two starting locations to find decent gear.

If people were allowed to choose to spawn there it'd be nothing but deathmatch, the other places on the map would be empty.

What you're calling for is to make Cherno and Elektro even more dangerous then they already are.

In fact, when the respawn button was enabled, about 3 or 4 times I ran into a situation where the person that killed me (and I killed him), ran back to my body at the same moment I did, grabbed a weapon off one of the corpses and killed me again.

Granted that doesn't mean people can't keep killing themselves via letting themselves be eaten by zombies or swimming out into the ocean and waiting, but it will slow it considerably, compared to how it was with a respawn button.

Respawn now being disabled through the menu means you are forced to travel to one of the larger cities instead of kill yourself repeatedly, which is a good thing.

I think we may see somewhat of a reduction in outright PVP for no reason, considering if you manage to kill them, they won't be able to get there as quickly and get their stuff back. I think this may add a stronger sense of mortality into the game.

• Like 1

Because you can pick were you start off in a zombie apocalypse...

I disagree with OP.

Also those of you who abused the respawn button, you are the ones that caused server instability.

• Like 2

I don't condone the respawn abuse - I've never done it myself except when i had a fracture and was really far away from any hospitals with no friends online... Which happens more often than one would think...

Still - The solution is not a good one, there should be a respawn/suicide option in ANY fps game, especially in an alpha-state mod like dayz...

In fact, when the respawn button was enabled, about 3 or 4 times I ran into a situation where the person that killed me (and I killed him), ran back to my body at the same moment I did, grabbed a weapon off one of the corpses and killed me again.

So, how could you run to the sight as fast as they could? Respawning maybe :)?

Jokes aside, this solution doesn't fix that - now it's just a game of chance... example:

I got spawned near elektro (otmel) and ren to town, where i got a revolver in a house, and then got shot by a sniper... I abort-disconnect-continue and guess where i spawned... So then I decided to go loot again, and that time the sniper was gone, i got a winchester and my body still had the revolver, then i made it for the hills north of Elektro, and boom... and when i respawned I got spawned in the exact same place for the third time, just that now i know that elektro probably has no more good loot (i got it in the previous two runs) and I know that the sniper is still out there somewhere... Call me a fag/noob, but at that point I changed the server and I think THAT was perhaps less game-braking than spawning in front of a sniper for the third time with zero chance of making my way north or west...

Respawn once every 10-15 mins might just fix the whole ordeal

Already added that to the list of suggestions, thanks though.

Good idea but can it be implemented? Would certainly beat having to wait until I've starved to death.

Good idea but can it be implemented? Would certainly beat having to wait until I've starved to death.

Shouldn't be too difficult to implement, and yeah taking out the respawn completely will frustrate people who spawn in debug forest or if for some reason break a leg and cant respawn due to a bug.

It can be implemented, it's just a question of how much that would affect the database servers... Perhaps it could be only a game-server thing, where if you switched the server, you could respawn, but you would have to wait on the server you respawned on... That fixes the "over stressing" issue for sure.

bump for more discussion :/ ... I still don't see it as a good solution.

Hunting knife ability to "cut veins"

Don't play the game in the first place if the only thing you do is to commit suicide.

The only way you should be able to end your own life (respawning) is if you have an implement to do so.

You could have extra features on guns, axes and hunting knives to kill yourself.

No bullets? Guess you'll be committing Hari-Kari buddy.

Otherwise. No. Respawn is fine the way it is. Sure there are bugs to go with it, but I bet someone is working on it.