Sign in to follow this  
Solomon36

How to survive without major towns?

Is it possible to not go to cherno and elektro? snipers kill me everytime i go near these towns even with the hit and run routes. I am not complaining I just want to know if there is gear in the smaller towns so I can play

Dear Stands and Crashed heli's are good. Try there.

havent been in a town for over 2 weeks now, you eat animals you kill and drink stagnant water from disgusting cesspools/lakes.

• Like 3

Yes, it is entirely possible to gear up without ever entering Cherno or Elektro. If you can get inland a ways, there are barns where you can pick up some starting weapons, and food to keep moving inland, and hit some of the smaller cities inland, and gear from there. Deer stands and helicopter crash sites are also great places to hit to find higher powered weapons and ammunition.

go through the smaller towns at the sides of electro/churno make you way inland to some of the towns with supermarkets and hit up deer stands on the way

takes a bit loinger to get gear but the not sprinting through looting everything in 1 go makes the game a bit more fun and icnreases the difficulty a bit

You cant evade major towns since you need morphine

deer stands and occasional house spawns
painkillers
drops everywhere

only thing that will be almost impossible to come by are blood bags/antibiotics (can get them from med boxes at helicrash sites but meah)

You cant evade major towns since you need morphine painkillers and stuff

There is plenty of players who make the trip north from the coast with medical supplies, you can take their supply. You can also raid other players tent camps for all sorts of supplies. I haven't been south of Stary in weeks.

Go to Berezino, there are Zs but at least you rarely see players, at least where i played i haven't encountered that much people. Even NWAF was safe although it's supposed to be a deathtrap...no snipers hanging around there except me when i was still using a scoped rifle.

NW airfield is a very dangerous place, plenty of zombies, I barely survived last time I was there.

Get a DayZ map, go inland and look for a small town that has good loot spawns. Barns, residential, stores, deer stands and military. Only go for military loot either if you want good weapons or you simply want to get killed.

Berezino is a good place to stop, never really anyone there, just be careful around the military tents. Then head north to Krasnostav, but be warey of the airfield more north of that.

what about medical supplies? (painkillers, morphine)

Those have a chance of spawning in pretty much any loot pile, especially military. Also you get that stuff from the people you kill out there.

The only thing you'd be hard pressed to find outside of major cities are Blood Bags, but if you're a solo player, they're useless anyways. Eating cooked meat is your best option.

Morphine can spawn in Military spawns. Painkillers are everywhere and helo crashes can have med boxes, as mentioned above.

everytime i die , my new goal is to get as fast as possible : map/compass / morphine injector x4 ,any weapon then leave the city.

assuming that 4 morphine is enough.

to be honest i did few trip to north , well equiped and since last changes about weapon dammage i realized that the possibility to have broken leg is much more higher than before (bad aggro , zombie acting differently, 5 z to kill with 5 bullets ... ok im good but i can't do perfect headshots all the time so ...more broken legs x)

i actually had to travel from pusthoshka to airfield crawling and its pain ... im now in the airfield in hope of players with medic stuff. i tried all cities before airfield with no chances , now i have to kill for survival !

never leave main cities without your map and morphines , the other items you will get them in your travel or on players.

Edited by bwarky

assuming that 4 morphine is enough.
i still have 2 of the original morphine sticks i picked up 26 days ago at spawn, originally had 3 but a friend decided to close a door on me by accident (the worst bit id just guarded his body for 30 minutes in the barracks as he was killed by a server hopper when we entered)