Vipeax

Server-side Hotfix 0.7.2, Helicopter status and server info

If I was in there, and the pilot was shot, I'd be mouse wheeling like crazy..

If you can't take over as pilot, you could at least "get out" and not die....

We had one almost fully fixed last night on our server. About to put the finishing touches on it. Hacker comes in, kills all the people on the area by the heli, kills all our snipers that were in 3 different spots about 300m apart gets on the heli, goes up in the air, nosedives it blows it up and walks away without a scratch....

The Heli's are not saving, everytime the server resets the heli goes back to the spawn point even after we fully fixed it and were saving it like we had OCD!

Also whats witht he guns on the chopper, when we go to fire them we get kicked from the server!! WTF???

Guys

If you are looking for a German host, I can 100% recommend mine... Contact kocheffel on here.. Great support..

cant find him, maye u having an directlink?

Alright. Big fucking question here. I have repaired -EVERY- damn piece of repairable parts on the helicopter, but it still fucking leaks. I repaired; All glass (6 pieces), HitHull, HitAvi, HitMissiles, Main Rotor, Engine, and Vertical Rotor - I cannot find anything else that needs to be repaired. Does anyone know why? It took us almost 10 minutes with 2 people fill and emptying 3 gas cans each into to fill it completely, just to log in this morning and be out of fuel. ._.

We repaired 10 windscreens, 9 that we could see and one twice...Maybe scroll down, there are more than 6 windscreens...

Choppers are buggyu as fuck. :/ first one worked fine then did a flipped randomly while flying and blew up. Hackers spawned 2 on my server, and an suv, banned all of them we found the chopper sitting outside of elektro, are pilot who has never ever dc'ed before dc'ed half way through flying it.

Helicopter despawned after a server restart, fixed it alone to 100% in 8h. THANK YOU >:(

Ah, my Car despawned too, and 4 items in my inventory.

This Game is NOT playable at this stage, sure it is a alpha, but this is WASTE of time.

Edited by vampy2k5

Still no fixes for all the bugs & troubles we've been reporting since saturday...

For my group of mates the game is unplayable, so we're not playing but as we enjoy it a lot, we'd like to play it asap :(

How do I update to 0.7.2?

I realize it's a noob quiestion, but seeing as I am a noob, it makes sence ;)

I'm running my server via Defconcp btw :P

I'm admin on 2 german servers, both running the latest HIVE vers and beta patch, yet: The vehicle inventory resets every server restart, the vehicles themself save fine. And the chopper also despawns every server restart. We fixed it now 5 times! So much fun! Not.

• Like 1

If I was in there, and the pilot was shot, I'd be mouse wheeling like crazy..

If you can't take over as pilot, you could at least "get out" and not die....

If you're high enough you can eject. When flying in regular combat on the Arma2 servers my pilot often gets shot out, if high enough, you can eject and chute down. Your angle of exit also matters. Sometimes if the side of the chopper you exit from is facing up by that point (rolling) then you eject up and immediately fall into the rotor.

Same if the nose is up, you can exit and then get hit by the tail rotor.

Edited by Slyder73

Vipeax when/if you make any update to the helicopters can you please edit the OP? A lot of people don't feel like reading everyone's posts just to filter out your posts.

I'm admin on 2 german servers, both running the latest HIVE vers and beta patch, yet: The vehicle inventory resets every server restart, the vehicles themself save fine. And the chopper also despawns every server restart. We fixed it now 5 times! So much fun! Not.

So no helicopters are saving? So every time the server restarts you will loose the chopper to the spawn......? And have to start over again....damn

same here.. chopper also despawns every server restart.and doesn't save anything no storage .. no repairs

• Like 1

this update is lovely :) works very good on FR81 only a little bit of desynce but its very little :)

Get a Chopper and gonna Fly so High like i got obama in the back seat

• Like 3

Helis should have a loud speaker on them so you can call out to people on the ground. Talking in direct chat isnt loud enough for anyone to hear you on the ground. If the crew chief had a loud speaker it would be really fun, could also play music through it Vietnam style lol

• Like 4

Oh btw are there any other confirmed heli spawns besides the island? Flew all over the map and didn't see any other helis on my server.

Helis should have a loud speaker on them so you can call out to people on the ground. Talking in direct chat isnt loud enough for anyone to hear you on the ground. If the crew chief had a loud speaker it would be really fun, could also play music through it Vietnam style lol

This please. :) Flying at night with the searchlight on and then being able to talk to people on the ground would be so fucking awesome.

Our chopper just survived a restart completely intact. Gear inside of it also saved like you would expect to. Happy! Fought a damn war to get to it and fix it too.

Edited by Menny

Tents are still deffintley not working. On my server (atlanta 73) dayz, beta, and BE all updated. Have not tested with saving a tent after looting the items yet but tents still aren't fixed in regards to duping items.

That's not the point. The point is that tents with id over 1 million WOULDNT SAVE ANYTHING.

Rocket, here's some feedback on something other than helicopters:

Second, here is my feedback as a new player moving to 1.7.2.4 from 1.7.2.3. I've read this thread and I don't feel like you're getting accurate feedback from players who can run to a tent and fully rearm every time they die:

Zombies' behavior or vision checks for players is too erratic to try to sneak; the result is that the only practical way to loot areas is to sprint through zombies, loot quickly and find a building with two openings to escape the zombies. In 1.7.2.3, crouch walk was a viable way to play the Frogger sneak game with zombies and loot areas. In 1.7.2.4, you will almost always have to be prone when there are multiple zombies within about a 100 yard radius. The issue is that you'll need to crouch to move over barriers or move up certain steps, and zombies will see you at this point. Being prone all the time also makes the game excruciatingly slow. At least in 1.7.2.3 I tried to sneak past zombies, which I think is more in line with your intentions and the spirit of the game than bugging the zombies on some building. Here are a couple of examples:

I spawned on a new server on the coast. Without moving, I looked east and west down the coast and didn't see any buildings. I looked north toward the railroad tracks and saw a building at least 100 yards away. As I zoomed in on the building, I saw a zombie already running toward me and I hadn't even moved.

I'm sneaking by a zombie by crouch walking. I'm about 30 yards in front of the zombie and he's walking toward me, but has not detected me. As I crouch walk towards a house, a zombie almost 100 yards away begins to spring toward me, bringing his buddies. The zombie that I'm sneaking by, that is staring at me from 30 yards, does not detect me.

Zombie aggro is way too random. Sneaking is useless when there's always a zombie that aggros you from 50 meters away even when you're completely still and the ones right next to you do nothing. I dont mind the zombies being reaaally dangerous but it's just annoying when they're so completely unpredictable.