Vipeax

Server-side Hotfix 0.7.2, Helicopter status and server info

Always save your heli / vehicle after an important change (fixed parts, change in inventory, change in location). This way, a restart will load it up to the last saved state (most of the time lol)

I wrote in caps, we SAVED the helo and waited even 5 minutes before the restart...

Alright. Big fucking question here. I have repaired -EVERY- damn piece of repairable parts on the helicopter, but it still fucking leaks. I repaired; All glass (6 pieces), HitHull, HitAvi, HitMissiles, Main Rotor, Engine, and Vertical Rotor - I cannot find anything else that needs to be repaired. Does anyone know why? It took us almost 10 minutes with 2 people fill and emptying 3 gas cans each into to fill it completely, just to log in this morning and be out of fuel. ._.

You need 8 window screens, not 6.

It's not allowed to shutoff servers to protect your gear.

This is a warning, next time your vehicles and items on that server will be wiped.

US 239 has been locked since Friday when the announcement was made. As of last night still locked with only owner and 4 others in it.

US 239 has been locked since Friday when the announcement was made. As of last night still locked with only owner and 4 others in it.

US 239 was locked for a period of about 4 hours last night. We have been having some major hacking attacks and it's impossible to find out who is doing it. We believe it's the same person (it could even be you, since it's odd you have such a fixation with our server) because it's always the same M.O.; the server gets a sizable population, and in a few minutes wham, every single person on the server is teleported and killed instantly. In interim, we were attempting to find a script that will detect who is doing it. There's no point in us locking the server for loot, all of us have died several times over, we don't even use vehicles any more because they are unpredictable. If this is still a problem in the future we'll have to take the server down. In all honesty, it probably didn't matter that we locked the server, population topped at around 10 because the hacker continuously cleans us out.

We were also trying to find a way to get rid of the 15+ duped tents we found with dozens and dozens of NVGs and rangefinders. Spent about 2 hours blowing them up, running them over, deleting shit, nothing worked.

Edited by Winston The Ripper

US 239 was locked for a period of about 4 hours last night. We have been having some major hacking attacks and it's impossible to find out who is doing it. We believe it's the same person (it could even be you, since it's odd you have such a fixation with our server) because it's always the same M.O.; the server gets a sizable population, and in a few minutes wham, every single person on the server is teleported and killed instantly. In interim, we were attempting to find a script that will detect who is doing it. There's no point in us locking the server for loot, all of us have died several times over, we don't even use vehicles any more because they are unpredictable. If this is still a problem in the future we'll have to take the server down. In all honesty, it probably didn't matter that we locked the server, population topped at around 10 because the hacker continuously cleans us out.

We were also trying to find a way to get rid of the 15+ duped tents we found with dozens and dozens of NVGs and rangefinders. Spent about 2 hours blowing them up, running them over, deleting shit, nothing worked.

My buddies and I are fixated on your server because that is where our modest little 3 tent camp is set up. Not discovered yet, and keeps us going for longer expeditions away from our "secret" location.

If the hackers are attacking then I'm glad we haven't been there to die and lose our stuff. A little anxious not being able to check and resave our tents. Not sure how long they last before they disappear or respawn.

THe regular Arma2 server I play on gets hacked all the time, the admin has some scripts he uses to help identify the culprits for a ban. So there are tools out there, no idea what they are or where though.

Edited by Slyder73

Thing noticed today about choppers. There's still huge desynchro issue with them, and sometimes can cause you panic at critical situation,

ex. today me and my buddies had a gunfight while wandering around in a chopper, seconds later on my screen i saw huey diving in the ocean so I've ejected... well :) heli was fine, but i received sad message... and no body was ever found - bad luck.

I got question though: If you eject from a chopper, you'll get a parachute or you instantly die like i did? (how's it working in dayz?)

About tents: I used to have problems with them, but probably becouse I pitched them too close to the tree (you could see the tree in it) - when I stopped doing that I had no longer any problems with them.

Graphical glitches: I used to have a little with wire fence, but removing them solved the problem.

Graphics: GeForce GT540M

I have noticed the same behavior on a lot of servers I play on. I don't think they are even allowed to lock the server like that. Report the servers here on the forums or open a ticket and they will look into it.

Any good helo hiding spots that I should search because I think other people have already gotten to skalisty first?

the sky

I was flying my chopper earlier today and got kicked by Battleye (error #55) in mid-flight. While the game was paused, the heliopter looked like it was EXTREMEMLY damaged and I was in shock and bleeding. However, when I spawned in again I was on the ground below in perfect condition, but my heli was nowhere to be found. The server got restarted an hour later and we checked our camp, Skalisty Island, and the land around the place where I got kicked from, but we couldn't find the heli anywhere.

Is there a respawn timer for vehicles that get de-spawned by Battleye, or a new helicopter spawn location? The server was US 838.

@dayz team -

whats about 2-3 helicopters per server ?

This would be very funny.. helicopter wars and so on...

--> what will happen if the pilot gets an bluescreen or so ? Any chance to rescue crew or helicopter ?

I got question though: If you eject from a chopper, you'll get a parachute or you instantly die like i did? (how's it working in dayz?)

In Arma2, when you bail out, your parachute will start to open. You will be falling at a speed based on your trajectory and forward motion. If you are high enough, your chute will have time to open and slow you down. Going slow in a chopper and ejecting, minimum distance would be about 80 or 90 meters, higher if trees etc nearby.

If you are lower than that, you will hit the ground before your chute can deploy and slow you down.

Edited by Slyder73

@dayz team -

whats about 2-3 helicopters per server ?

This would be very funny.. helicopter wars and so on...

--> what will happen if the pilot gets an bluescreen or so ? Any chance to rescue crew or helicopter ?

A gunner or passenger will have to switch to pilot pretty quick, or everyone dies. Alt+f4 in a chopper is as deadly as being in a crashing one. If you can't switch seats, you'll have to just scrub the sand out of your ass and start again.

A gunner or passenger will have to switch to pilot pretty quick, or everyone dies. Alt+f4 in a chopper is as deadly as being in a crashing one. If you can't switch seats, you'll have to just scrub the sand out of your ass and start again.

This is a realistic game, you cannot switch pilots in flight.

We tested this in DayZ yesterday when we had our chopper, and they definitely work. Just don't jump out til you have a good altitude.. Probably at least >150 meters.

Guys, find a way to resolve the fuel tank problem into helicopters... You need to fire just 2 or 3 bullets under the heli, and just fly for 2 hours without problem.. =]

We had a chopper and it disappeared and respawned at the island on server reset. We were in the air at the time, which scared the hell out of us, but luckily we ended up back on the ground safely. We checked all the spots we saved it but no luck...

I will file a bug report on this, but this seems like a really mean way to admin abuse or to have really horrible luck. Considering we spent about 3 hours fixing the thing...

Helicopters are working great, but the parachute is problematic. We tried to jump twice as high altitude and twice we died - after leaving the heli deck followed by death, and disconnect the parachute. Anyway, it would be great to have chance to reaload on-board machine gun with M240cartridges again.

If a heli is blown up, when will it respawn?

would like to know it too. choppers definitely don't respawn on server restarts

This is a realistic game, you cannot switch pilots in flight.

Actually both passenger and pilot have driving stick ingame and in reality.

Ok, but haven't you say that Helis only spawn with 0.7.2?

Damn i knew it... My Gameserverhoster has told me 2 times they have 0.7.2 already installed but i knew it can't be...

Ok now i call to him... (dumb gamed.de)

yeah, same host....im on a big fucking ragemode.....every time they're saying already installed but i cant believe it. A few dayz ( hehe lol ) ago they saying the next week ( means the starting week yesterday ) a dayz team member will working now with them and will looking into it. >:(

yeah, same host....im on a big fucking ragemode.....every time they're saying already installed but i cant believe it. A few dayz ( hehe lol ) ago they saying the next week ( means the starting week yesterday ) a dayz team member will working now with them and will looking into it. >:(

Guys

If you are looking for a German host, I can 100% recommend mine... Contact kocheffel on here.. Great support..

So if the pilot is shot dead, and Im in the front passenger seat, I can fly it? I was under them impression this didn't work - the passenger stick is part of the Huey model.

Does the crew chief spot have any benefit? I noticed I can see the vehicle status from that seat also, but not the other gunner seat.

Note: We got ours flying, holding fuel fine. We repaired everything, even 5 Glass, then filled her up.