Vipeax

Server-side Hotfix 0.7.2, Helicopter status and server info

Arma 2 is not DayZ. DayZ is USING Arma as its platform for their mod. The mod, which is free. They do not get money for doing ANY of this, so why the hell are you complaining? You have no RIGHT to complain when the person developing something for YOU, is not getting a penny from YOU.

Hence, you are in no way shape or form a customer of rocket or any of the DayZ development team. Get that in your thick skull.

They are making a stand alone. Most of his customers, future or otherwise, are watching how much the developers give a shit about their community, that they can't spend 30 seconds on a post. If this mod was staying free, then yes, he could treat us like shit but hes gonna be charging for it soon, and we'll see how that pays off.

Personally i think he needs to start learning customer relations now, or he is going to piss off paying customers sooner or later

Rocket works for bohiema, so basicly rocket got us to buy arma 2 for his game so to get technical, yea we paid for the game.

We all paid for Arma II and we are all playing it so we are all customers.

then please feel free to go complain to BIS about arma2 related issues

Wow, so many locked servers out there, who wants to bet their admins are looking at this thread waiting for helicopters to be all theirs

Rocket works for bohiema, so basicly rocket got us to buy arma 2 for his game so to get technical, yea we paid for the game.

he wasnt being paid to make Dayz, his work for BIS was on stuff NOT related to dayz

if your buddy works for the local electric company, but comes to do you some free electrical work in his spare time if your not happy becasue it burnt your house down you dont get to sue the electrical company

Edited by stuffnthings

guys i think the graphics bug is more on their minds now than helicopters

• Like 2

if you want choppers go play take on helicopters

they will come back, at least in the final release

No thanks, I want choppers in DayZ.

I hope none of the DayZ fans will not buy Arma 3 before DayZ release for Arma 3.

because all developers promises are useless.

Edited by just1ce

I hope none of the DayZ fans will not buy Arma 3 before DayZ release for Arma 3.

so you hope all dayz players to buy arma3 before dayz support?

• Like 2

Honestly it's unacceptable. If I was working on a project I would never leave customers hanging with zero reason as to why I cannont deliver on the specified time. 15 minutes past when I said it was going to be done?? Ok that is liveable and acceptable.....several hours without even the slightest courtesy to log onto a forum and make a 30 second post for a new esimated ETA is just ridiculous.

Well now if this was something i paid for yes. But I didn't. Its a Sunday give them sometime. If you remember a few month ago rocket said there would be less dev activity on forums on the weekend which i don't blame them.

They are making a stand alone. Most of his customers, future or otherwise, are watching how much the developers give a shit about their community, that they can't spend 30 seconds on a post. If this mod was staying free, then yes, he could treat us like shit but hes gonna be charging for it soon, and we'll see how that pays off.

Personally i think he needs to start learning customer relations now, or he is going to piss off paying customers sooner or later

He doesn't need to thats why BIS has a PR department. If this was announced as standalone already I would feel for you but I don't your just crying.

• Like 1

He doesn't need to thats why BIS has a PR department. If this was announced as standalone already I would feel for you but I don't your just crying.

A. A stand alone is planned.

B. This project is under his control, not BIS

C. i couldn't give a damn about helicopters, so why would i cry over them? I only replied because people were BSing that PR means nothing

Edited by James_W_P1

sigh...if only it was actually in...but then again i doubt someone would be doing that with a real helicopter...

Kinda ridiculous to state that there will be a "final wording regarding this subject" and then leave people hanging without any further updates. And I'm not even mentioning the wrong time-line(36hrs).

Kinda ridiculous to state that there will be a "final wording regarding this subject" and then leave people hanging without any further updates. And I'm not even mentioning the wrong time-line(36hrs).

Unless they plan on ninja'ing them in. Enabling them without telling anybody.

Ya know all this whining is why Dev's (in general) rarely give ETA's. Patience is a virtue...

Edit:

Unless they plan on ninja'ing them in. Enabling them without telling anybody.

Wouldn't be surprised tbh.

Edited by Hiptu

if they were ninjaed in im sure someone would have found one and said something, ppl like to gloat

Edited by iLLxTyphus

ok after few tests and restarts here are my experience....

First try:

repaired ural, driving to a spot were i found 2 quads early

my mates repaired those 2 quads

set up a tent and put a wheel into it and saved ural, 2 quads and the tent, waiting 5 minutes

1st serverrestart:

what happens now makes me smile alot

ural turns into a bike <-- LOLD HARD

1 quad disappeared and teleported back to his spawn location ( 250m aways from our position, so we have a nice view to this spot where 2 quads spawned???? )

^ and then we saw 2 quads again so we got 3 quads from the same spawn location. We repaired the 2 quads and moving it a little bit away 200m and saved again the whole stuff

2nd server restart:

all gone and i thought it was the bug where the whole map is empty from tents and vehicles =

3rd server restart

and see

1 quad comes back and the other 2 respawned again

all the restarts i think the tents saves working now, but u can easily dupe your items again :/

pls pls pls fix it, it makes no fun yet :(

Edited by snajdan