Vipeax

Server-side Hotfix 0.7.2, Helicopter status and server info

isnt this the lunge display? which indicates how fatigued you are?

No Its temp.

It flashes when you are low.

with a high risk of catching a cold.

I have been still in the rain not running for 5 mins and seen it start flashing so it's deff not a lung.

I am now confused, it was 36 hours from the post for heli, yet its past with no offical comment?

or did I miss something in the mass of pages gone past?

Edited by VKleita

and this is exactly how i think about 70-90% of all choppers in game will be out of sight from the first 30 minutes after they are reimplemented. and they will keep out of sight for ever for the very big majority of the dayz survivors.

this would require that you actually see a chopper flying around and that you have such a big calliber gun available at this 10-20 seconds time frame. what i think will happen with the choppers can be easily assumed if you think what is the situation with all other vehicles. clans people hoard them in some distant place, maybe still outside of the map, just to have them standing there. i would say that hardly any vehicles hoarded by the clans are ever used. maybe offroad vehicles like jeeps or motorcycles. these types are the only ones which are usefull really. but the clans are hoarding every vehicle they can get just to have them standing around in the wilderness for ever so that the big majority of all dayz players will never see a vehicle.

and with choppers in most cases this will be the same. all the clans (aswell as the server owners with their folks who will use server restarts, playerkicks and the like to accomplish their goal) will run for them like crazy children after they are reimplemented just to fly them into the desert and never have them moving again.

i know for a fact me and my clan will be flyng ours around all the time lol but ur right most will just sit in them and not fly them

No Its temp.

It flashes when you are low.

with a high risk of catching a cold.

I have been still in the rain not running for 5 mins and seen it start flashing so it's deff not a lung.

I am now confused, it was 36 hours from the post for heli, yet its past with no offical comment?

or did I miss something in the mass of pages gone past?

You didn't miss anything, rocket just came online tho, he was last online on the forums 14:00 (14:18 now), before that he hadn't been online for like 12 hours.

So hopefully he's gonna post soon.

You didn't miss anything, rocket just came online tho, he was last online on the forums 14:00 (14:18 now), before that he hadn't been online for like 12 hours.

So hopefully he's gonna post soon.

there we have it, the one who is to be feared, bow in the dust of the mighty "soon"

• Like 2

this would require that you actually see a chopper flying around and that you have such a big calliber gun available at this 10-20 seconds time frame.

6-8 rounds from an m16 to the engine block is enough to make a chopper plummet from the air like a stone

trust me go jump in the editor spawn a chopper and a rifle you like, jump in chopper start engine get out shoot engine a couple of times and get back in(you can hear the engine begin to cut out) its flying no where, and a chopper thats flying no where while its in the air isnt staying up there

the pilot better hope he payed attention in the emergency landing procedure class

I am suprised that Helicopters arent added 36 hours later like they said, I decided not to stay up all night, and Im glad I didnt, they werent even aded yet ;)

I am suprised that Helicopters arent added 36 hours later like they said, I decided not to stay up all night, and Im glad I didnt, they werent even aded yet ;)

right, im angry too, because no one answers the question when they will be added!!!?

right, im angry too, because no one answers the question when they will be added!!!?

We were given an ETA (estimated time of arrival) that was subject to change.

(now -> very soon -> soon -> end of time)

we'll get it very soon/soon, have patience.

• Like 1

he said that if there was a ETA change he would say something, well as expected with most people. they dont bother to say anything

Edited by iLLxTyphus

he said that if there was a ETA change he would say something, well as expected with most people. they dont bother to say anything

they are busy working on a mod that is free of charge to you, you have no right to demand anything.. sit down and wait with patience, i am now on my 7th hour, lurking for a large squad in-game, it's dull, but so is wasting time on whining rather than playing :)

• Like 1

Honestly it's unacceptable. If I was working on a project I would never leave customers hanging with zero reason as to why I cannont deliver on the specified time. 15 minutes past when I said it was going to be done?? Ok that is liveable and acceptable.....several hours without even the slightest courtesy to log onto a forum and make a 30 second post for a new esimated ETA is just ridiculous.

• Like 2

Is it just me, or is the singleplayer button in the main menu in OA greyed out? I can't get into the armory ;/

was locked out in the .7.4 patch, just move your @dayz folder out of the directory and make an .exe shortcut without the -dayz link in its properties,

or just copy paste your install, remove all dayz related stuff and have a dayz and none dayz version

If I was working on a project I would never leave customers hanging with zero reason as to why I cannont deliver on the specified time.

well when you start paying them you can start complaining to customer services

But they did manage to log in and remove the guy who was forum spamming tho

forums mods != devs

the forum mods got rid of that guy, we need the dev team for choppers

But they did manage to log in and remove the guy who was forum spamming tho

that would be the moderators.

think of it as the dev team is working their ass off to get this out as fast as they can.. we never know, but we're getting DayZ for free so i see no reason to become angry etc.

• Like 1

well when you start paying them you can start complaining to customer services

We all paid for Arma II and we are all playing it so we are all customers.

Arma II is a game that you bought, dayz is a mod you chose to play, free of charge.

• Like 3

if you want choppers go play take on helicopters

they will come back, at least in the final release

Honestly it's unacceptable. If I was working on a project I would never leave customers hanging with zero reason as to why I cannont deliver on the specified time. 15 minutes past when I said it was going to be done?? Ok that is liveable and acceptable.....several hours without even the slightest courtesy to log onto a forum and make a 30 second post for a new esimated ETA is just ridiculous.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

It's been 36 Hours + 5 Hours, Vipeax was last seen online 7 Hours ago, and Rocket logged in first time today 1 hour ago, and the 36 Hours ETA happened 5 Hours ago.. that means Rocket logged in 4 Hours after the 36 Hour ETA.. and he didn't even post anything, just logged again

I'm loosing my fucking mind.

Edited by zhrooms

You paid for arma, and dayz is a free mod. So shut the fuck up and let the devs work.

• Like 1

You paid for arma, and dayz is a free mod. So shut the fuck up and let the devs work.

You mod for arma, and dayz is paid. So shut the work up and the the devs fuck. I don't know why they don't just have a closed sticky for info like this so i don't have to sit hear refreshing to read sob stories and so on.

Arma 2 is not DayZ. DayZ is USING Arma as its platform for their mod. The mod, which is free. They do not get money for doing ANY of this, so why the hell are you complaining? You have no RIGHT to complain when the person developing something for YOU, is not getting a penny from YOU.

Hence, you are in no way shape or form a customer of rocket or any of the DayZ development team. Get that in your thick skull.

• Like 3