Problem?

[Fix] Battleye not updating, kicked as a result

dude this fucken sucks i dont understand your simple instructions lol sigh always something wrong with this dayz game so stressful

Honestly i follwed met's thread because my game kept reverting no matter what. just put the dll's on your desktop and copy and paste then every time you join a server. its a bit of a pain but atleast i can play.

Tried now, will see if it's going to work.

However, C:\Users\<profile>\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA\BattlEye ? I don't have that. It's C:\Users\Profile name\Documents\Arma 2\ then just Arma2 and Arma2OA cfg files. No Battleeye folder or files.

So is this going to be fixed in the next round of updates, or this going to be a continuing problem from now on?

Following the instructions given here, hoping it works anyway.

worked for me, other times i wasn't able to log in at all, it was the first time i got kicked..

Seems to be working now. Checking cache integrity seems to replace the files that you just put in.

I exited steam, put in the two files, ran steam as administrator. I then set Operation Arrowhead to "do not update automatically", don't know if that has any effect but it would make sense.

Edited by Fryseboks

One very important thing for me to do for this to work was have steam running as admin, go in the the steam apps/common/arma2 OA and make the arma 2 and arma2 oa server run as admin for all users. After doing this with the replacement of the battleye dll's made my system update to 1.168 now. thanks Problem? for the helpz. Now you get my beans. xD

*sigh* Why does the anti-hack program do much, much more harm against innocent people than against the actual hackers? Anyways, I have tried everything listed in this thread except for messing around with my wireless router. And, to be honest, I don't know how to access the actual settings for it, so any help will be appreciated. Also, I've checked both BE folders in Arma II and OA and set them to "read-only" (the check mark), exited and ran steam again as admin, and deleted the previous DLL files and placed the v1.62 files from the website into it. It still does not work. If I'm going to have to put up with this bullshit every time shitEye updates, I'm not going to play; it's just too much work. I've been having problems for over a day now and I cant play because of this anti-hack program that does next-to-nothing against hackers and prevents the innocent people from being able to even play. Sorry If I sound like I'm raging, I'm just pissed off right now :P

Edited by Excision

Additionally, every time I try to launch a server through Six Launcher or launch the original OA, an error comes up saying, "Cannot Create File. c:/program files (x86)/steam/steamapps/common/arma 2 operation arrowhead/expansion/battleye/uninstallBE.csv (c:/program files (x86)/steam/steamapps/common/arma 2 operation arrowhead/BEsetup/setup_BattlEyeARMA2OA.exe"

Any help?

Additionally, every time I try to launch a server through Six Launcher or launch the original OA, an error comes up saying, "Cannot Create File. c:/program files (x86)/steam/steamapps/common/arma 2 operation arrowhead/expansion/battleye/uninstallBE.csv (c:/program files (x86)/steam/steamapps/common/arma 2 operation arrowhead/BEsetup/setup_BattlEyeARMA2OA.exe"

Any help?

I think this is because you set the folder to read-only. Might suggest to undo that and make only beclient.dll as read-only.

And if you are verifying the game cache or re-installing the game on steam, you have to launch arma 2 and OA atleast once before trying to play DayZ. Goto menu and quit. You need to do this each time you reinstall the game.

Also follow this to do a clean re-install:

Make sure you are running steam as admin.

Verify your game files (both Arma 2 and OA) in steam. Right click game in steam -> properties -> local files tab -> verify integrity of game cache.

If you have updated Arma 2 and OA on steam recently, start each of them atleast once. Go to menu and quit.

Install the Arma 2 beta patch: http://www.gamefront...Build_95417.zip

Also if you ever get bad version error or even if you have installed latest beta patch but the game says it is older version (<95417), you need to copy the Arma2oa.exe from Expansion\beta folder to the Arma 2 OA folder.

If you had 1.7.2.3 installed simply grab these files to update to 1.7.2.4.

http://uk1.dayz.nu/l...z_anim_v0.5.rar

http://uk1.dayz.nu/l...de_v1.7.2.4.rar

http://uk1.dayz.nu/l...dayz_v1.3.2.rar

Extract those files to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@DayZ\Addons

or grab the whole setup of 1.7.2.4

After this grab the BE files and put them like it says in the first post.

Note: Donot validate game cache after these because if will change the beta files back to original 1.62 and you will have to install beta again and copy over the files.

And lastly i suggest using DayZ Commander over Six Launcher as it is a lot more better and easy to use and update game and dayz to new versions.

The only probolem is...I dont have any of the folders

: C:\Users\<profile>\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA\BattlEye C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\Expansion\BattlEye

these (appdata) are usually hidden files...

you gotta log in windows as admin and tell it (somewhere in 'system control') to 'show hidden files' ;)

Ran Steam as admin, verified ArmA II game cache, launched it, reinstalled, launched it again, placed v1.62 DLLs and replaced the other ones. Didn't work. Am going to do the same for OA.

Edited by Excision

Didn't work for me. Everything was going fine 2 days ago and then today I went to log on and I get stuck at either the Loading with a white bar above it or after I did this fix get stuck at the normal loading screen

now i have a bad version, server rejected connection error and cannot even get into a lobby