Problem?

[Fix] Battleye not updating, kicked as a result

Make sure you quit both steam and arma before replacing those files.

Put them in these folders:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\Expansion\BattlEye

C:\Users\<profile>\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA\BattlEye

It depends if you are using steam or retail copy.

For steam :C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\Battleye

For Retail should be similar Bohemia Interactive\Arma 2 OA folder in Program Files (x86) directory. Then look for Expansion\Battleye.

You need to download and replace both Client and Server files!

Tried this = still being kicked.

Funny thing is Ive owned the game for less than 3 weeks. Played probley 3or 4 nights and now its totally unplayable = KICKED FROM THE FOCKIN SERVER!!!!!

Also been spammin for a solution on these threads too =

http://dayzmod.com/f...-from-the-game/

http://dayzmod.com/f...om-all-servers/

http://dayzmod.com/f...rom-the-server/

So the question is wot to do now? Quit till they release ARMA3 and take it on the chin that I wasted 20 quid buyin this game just for a complete broken MOD?

oh but yes its in ALPHA state yes I know.

Or wait till they fix this problem? which may create another problem? :)

EDIT:

Make sure you quit both steam and arma before replacing those files.

Put them in these folders:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\Expansion\BattlEye

C:\Users\<profile>\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA\BattlEye

Thanks tryin this now

Edited by Rudie

Hey guys, woundering if anyone can help.

I have the same problem and can't seem to resolve it. I've reinstalled battleye through steam which didnt help, i've updated battleye from the offical site (v1.61.94945+) while steam and arma2 were closed and replced the dll's in all 3 directories (the two mentioned above plus the arma2 folder). I've reverted my arma2 verion and the battle eye version so it updated manually through an offical dayzmod server. I've tried connecting to a range of servers running various version, only a few of which worked (which im guessing battle eye wasn't enabled).

Can't seem to solve it !! :( - My router is basic and the ports are all open. The problem for me started when updating to 95312?

Going to reinstall arma 2 ect, and see if that helps! Just woundering if there is an easier way then re-downloading the entire game through steam if you don't have the CD's to reinstall??

Thanks - sorry for the headache of a post! :|

(the version im told battleye is running is the latest, 1.166)

Edited by WifWaf

I have the same problem and can't seem to resolve it. I've reinstalled battleye through steam which didnt help, i've updated battleye from the offical site (v1.61.94945+) while steam and arma2 were closed and replced the dll's in all 3 directories (the two mentioned above plus the arma2 folder). I've reverted my arma2 verion and the battle eye version so it updated manually through an offical dayzmod server. I've tried connecting to a range of servers running various version, only a few of which worked (which im guessing battle eye wasn't enabled).

Can't seem to solve it !! :( - My router is basic and the ports are all open. The problem for me started when updating to 95312?

Going to reinstall arma 2 ect, and see if that helps! Just woundering if there is an easier way then re-downloading the entire game through steam if you don't have the CD's to reinstall??

Yes same for me the game is unplayable. Im downloading this atm http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?137694-ARMA-2-Operation-Arrowhead-Combined-Operations-Reinforcements-update-1-62

Then im going to delete and replace the Battle eye stuff in folders C:

Then Im going to open STEAM and run ARMA2

Then Im going try and join a frickin server...

I bought through STEAM and only have 1 Arma2: Operation Arrowhead nothing else in the games folders/ I have had this for 3 weeks, played for a few nights and this whole problem has started )

Any1 else able to add the list of try outs.? :)

Which file was that you put them under and it worked? I copied and replaced the two files into the correct folder but with no success. It also seems to replace them again after trying to play as the downloaded file is 108kb, and the file it is replacing is 100.

I can't really find the folder you seem to be talking about in the arma 2 folder. I get to the point below:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\arma 2

and then hit a wall. The only folder I can see there is the BE setup folder.

Help Please

I took the client and server dll files: post-23616-0-70305500-1343495511_thumb.plink

and put them in the following two places, replacing the ones that were already there, It worked.

post-23616-0-52096700-1343495255_thumb.p

post-23616-0-80645800-1343495271_thumb.p

(I do not have the steam version)

Edited by martinhjerpe

right im downloading this and installing it: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?137694-ARMA-2-Operation-Arrowhead-Combined-Operations-Reinforcements-update-1-62

Then im going to replace the battleeye stuff in both folders

Yes same for me the game is unplayable. Im downloading this atm http://forums.bistud...nts-update-1-62

Then im going to delete and replace the Battle eye stuff in folders C:

Then Im going to open STEAM and run ARMA2

Then Im going try and join a frickin server...

I bought through STEAM and only have 1 Arma2: Operation Arrowhead nothing else in the games folders/ I have had this for 3 weeks, played for a few nights and this whole problem has started )

Any1 else able to add the list of try outs.? :)

Tried all of this and still KICKED FROM THE SERVER.

1 of the biggest fockin fails. waste of my time fockin about tryin to solve this twatting shit. Rage mode on.

I did the same. and nothing : ( ,,, really would like to play, guess im gonna watch The Walking Dead :)

just regarding my post earlier.

I seem to have got it working now. What seemed to have fix this issue was after replacing all the dll's, I deleted and created a new checkFileList from

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\BEsetup which means running the Setup_BattlEyeARMA2OA.exe and copying the checkFilelList into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\ aswell, I done this for both arma2 OA and arma2.

This solved this issue for me only after replacing the dll's aswell and checkfilelist after. (Unless they have fixed something at BattlEye end!).

I'm happy to write out my suggestions if it helps anyone!

Edited by WifWaf

This should work, but the easiest way is just to connect to another server, its should update, if not then try another server.

I had same problem, I connected to another server and battleye updated.

Edited by DooM4MR

This has always worked for me. Sometimes battleye updates ok while connected to a server, other times not. The times when it doesn't work just download it manually and it should always work, unless you downloaded the wrong version or put it in the wrong folder.

Have yet to see this method fail.

Tried everything, Battleye not responding error.

I finally found out the reason it didnt want to play Dayz.

If you have a Netgear DGN 1000 model or other, please PLEASE look at your router settings. Log into your router - and go to the ADSL settings once there you should see a drop down box with VC-based. Change it to LLC-Based. Save the changes and then try and log onto a Dayz server. You should get the Battleye V1.167 Initialized and then a couple seconds later 2 other Battleye checks with a bunch of numbers and what not. If that happens I'm 100% sure you are now able to play a damn Dayz game. Can't believe it was a router problem after all of the hours I spent going through other people's advice.

Edited by SRebel

the only solution i havent tried is the reverting back to the older version one but i would prefer not to do that due to the fact that it is a pain in the ass.

Tried everything, Battleye not responding error.

I finally found out the reason it didnt want to play Dayz.

If you have a Netgear DGN 1000 model or other, please PLEASE look at your router settings. Log into your router - and go to the ADSL settings once there you should see a drop down box with VC-based. Change it to LLC-Based. Save the changes and then try and log onto a Dayz server. You should get the Battleye V1.167 Initialized and then a couple seconds later 2 other Battleye checks with a bunch of numbers and what not. If that happens I'm 100% sure you are now able to play a damn Dayz game. Can't believe it was a router problem after all of the hours I spent going through other people's advice.

Going to try changing to LLC based when I get home. I seriously hope that is my problem as well.

Hello, first, I'm sorry if there's some language mistake, this is not my native language.

So, as some of the people above, I have a problem due to battle eyes, who can't uptade to 1.167 from 1.165, I tryed to download from the battle eyes website (http://www.battleye.com/download.html), put the 2 file into both battle eyes folder (in arma 2 and arma 2 OA), but I still got the same problem, my battle eyes is still 1.165.

I tryed to reinstall battle eyes by steam (rigth click reinstall battle eyes anti-cheat), but still the same.

I really don't know what I should do, if anyone have a new "tips" to make the game work it would be great.

Are you guys running Steam as admin? That could be the problem with it reverting back each time you exit game. Also if you verify your game cache after replacing the files, it might keep reverting as well.

Edited by Problem?

The only probolem is...I dont have any of the folders

: C:\Users\<profile>\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA\BattlEye C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\Expansion\BattlEye

Edited by Coldjuice

The only problem is....I dont have any of the folders : C:\Users\<profile>\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA\BattlEye or C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\Expansion\BattlEye

Edited by Coldjuice

The only problem is....I dont have any of the folders : C:\Users\<profile>\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA\BattlEye or C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\Expansion\BattlEye

Hmmm, did you install the Beta patch ? Download it and make sure to follow instructions here http://www.dayzwiki.com/wiki/How_to_install_DayZ

Edited by Irenicus

i have done this and it does not work for me. steam is closed and so is dayz. i check and when i run the game the 108kb and new server dll is in tact. i do have a netgear router but do not know how to change my adsl settings. not even sure if that is the problem. if any1 has any other solutions i would be very happy to hear them. also i am running as admin.

Edited by cloverz14

ok so i figured ou that it reverts back when i join a server. steam is closed. i run as admin but still reverts back to 100kb dll

Edited by cloverz14

Yes someone else had this problem. Maybe you can set the folder attribute to read only(with check mark not square) after you put the new file in so it might not keep reverting..