Sign in to follow this  
nohrt

Server admins how do you update your servers?

Are you shutting down your servers and updating the DayZ and Arma2 patches manually? Or do you have a server side script that you are running to accomplish the updates?

Mine is on vilayer, when an update comes out they first give me the chance to update it myself and chose on which patch to play, then, after some days when the patch is marked as Stable, they force the server install the lastest patch. From my control panel i can simply click on "Updates" and chose which patch to load

Well unfortunately since I have Vilayer, I have to wait for them to shut it down and install it for me on their end. So right now, I'm stuck on 1.7.2.3 / 1.62 / 95312 beta and I've already updated my client to 1.7.2.4 so my server is useless at the moment. I mean, I can do everything else in my admin panel but as far as updating the servers patch, I can't do it. If I knew that before hand I probably would of went with another company. One thing I will say about Vilayer though, is that the server they gave me was a newer box, and it's DAMN quick. Fast loading. GREAT fps. ZERO stutter. Great loot spawns. Haven't had any bugs. Only desync I've gotten has been hive related and not from the server. Ping is a constant 40-45. I'm happy with it on that end, I just wish I could of got a dedicated where I could of hosted dayz on it, and done all the updating myself, but beyond that I can't really complain. I paid the extra money over companies like HFB and Host Altitude because I got whitelisted in less than an hour and had a working(flawless) server within that amount of time, and as soon as I hopped on teamspeak, I had someone actually GREET ME and ask me what I needed, instead of me having to ask them to help. Which is nice, but right now I assume they are overloaded to the max. I timeout even trying to connect to vilayer.com.

I can manually update via the updates section in my ACP, but the 1.7.2.4 patch is not available on the vilayer "network" yet so I can't manually update it myself. I have to wait for them to do it, or once they release it I can do it. I'm still new to this, but I think Im getting the hang of it. If I'm wrong feel free to correct me.. but my only update options are:

Arma2OA 95312

This is a special version of Arma2 with early release to Vilayer, It fixes certain issues with Gamespy and other performance increases. PLEASE NOTE AN UPDATE FOR DAYZ IS CURRENTLY PENDING SO ALL SERVERS WILL BE UPDATED AFTER THIS UPDATE.

^^ what my server is running.

And 95248

Mine is setup to enforce beta version 95248.. and the Arma 2 version is 95312. This way people can actually connect to my server. There was some miscommuncation before and it was setup running 95208 and people who were using gamespy could not login to my server, or something or other. I can't remember what Lee from vilayer told me(smart dude)

Edited by KField86

Well unfortunately since I have Vilayer, I have to wait for them to shut it down and install it for me on their end. So right now, I'm stuck on 1.7.2.3 / 1.62 / 95312 beta and I've already updated my client to 1.7.2.4 so my server is useless at the moment. I mean, I can do everything else in my admin panel but as far as updating the servers patch, I can't do it. If I knew that before hand I probably would of went with another company. One thing I will say about Vilayer though, is that the server they gave me was a newer box, and it's DAMN quick. Fast loading. GREAT fps. ZERO stutter. Great loot spawns. Haven't had any bugs. Only desync I've gotten has been hive related and not from the server. Ping is a constant 40-45. I'm happy with it on that end, I just wish I could of got a dedicated where I could of hosted dayz on it, and done all the updating myself, but beyond that I can't really complain. I paid the extra money over companies like HFB and Host Altitude because I got whitelisted in less than an hour and had a working(flawless) server within that amount of time, and as soon as I hopped on teamspeak, I had someone actually GREET ME and ask me what I needed, instead of me having to ask them to help. Which is nice, but right now I assume they are overloaded to the max. I timeout even trying to connect to vilayer.com.

I can manually update via the updates section in my ACP, but the 1.7.2.4 patch is not available on the vilayer "network" yet so I can't manually update it myself. I have to wait for them to do it, or once they release it I can do it. I'm still new to this, but I think Im getting the hang of it. If I'm wrong feel free to correct me.. but my only update options are:

Arma2OA 95312

This is a special version of Arma2 with early release to Vilayer, It fixes certain issues with Gamespy and other performance increases. PLEASE NOTE AN UPDATE FOR DAYZ IS CURRENTLY PENDING SO ALL SERVERS WILL BE UPDATED AFTER THIS UPDATE.

^^ what my server is running.

And 95248

Mine is setup to enforce beta version 95248.. and the Arma 2 version is 95312. This way people can actually connect to my server. There was some miscommuncation before and it was setup running 95208 and people who were using gamespy could not login to my server, or something or other. I can't remember what Lee from vilayer told me(smart dude)

I am also having the same problem, I'm waiting for the vilayer upgrade my server. US1081

Host Altitude typically waits till the patch is somewhat tested by the general population, then adds it to my download queue. I then go into BERCon and give a 5 minute warning and the reason as to why the server is restarting.

I then stop the server and do a manual update.

Hi guys, I can't get the update to work. It keeps showing up like 1.2.7.5 in the server lists. I've downloaded the latest server files and put them in the dayz folder, but it doesn't work. Any ideas?