rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.4 Rolling Update

No issues here, loading seems to be finished much faster... A LOT faster.

Though on one new character, I spawned in Novy Sobor inside the walls of a house (a red one with stairs that lead to a closed door).

It aggroed the whole city but the zombies died trying to run through the walls. I managed to get out of the walls without any damage so I don't really mind.

Find something else to do?

People really expect instant results, these days.

When a game-breaking bug is introduced in a patch then yes, people expect it to be quickly fixed. Telling them they have unreasonable expectations doesn't suddenly change their mind or make them any happier, btw.

Are you supposed to drop all your items when swimming, because I just did.

Swear this was changed :c

You are half remembering.

It was turned into a server side flag.

I believe most left it so that your gear drops. There may be a few out there that its set to let you keep your stuff, but there's. I way to tell.

[...]This guy was strange anyway. M14 as well. GPS, DMR.... This guy was very well equipted. I don't understand why he didn't tried to kill me on sight. Too well equipted for a survivor if you ask me.[...]

Survivors are as well or as bad equipped as every one else. Seems nonsense to me to do judgement if one is bandit or survivor by his/her equipment.
  • Like 1

When a game-breaking bug is introduced in a patch then yes, people expect it to be quickly fixed. Telling them they have unreasonable expectations doesn't suddenly change their mind or make them any happier, btw.

Then they have incorrect expectations, in this case. This is not a paid for, released game by a publisher.

It should be understood by all going in that these things happen.

Yes, I basically just said "it's Alpha" but people seem to forget that.

At this stage, we're lucky we can play. It's always possible that the game will just disappear for a week while they fix something, hive shut down or whatever.

Grow up, people.

• Like 2

Roll back to 1.7.2.3 and play this, meanwhile they will work on fixing these pesky glitches.

Find something else to do?

People really expect instant results, these days.

I know. Fucking alpha man. I know its said so many times.

But seriously these guys are doing there best they can. Hop off their back and just be a good little test subject.

The following fix worked for me. Feedback welcome.

Go to Documents/ArmA 2/playername.ArmaA2OAProfile

Open file in Notepad

Search for "sceneComplexity=;"

Change to "sceneComplexity=100000;"

Save changes and exit.

Launch DayZ with preferred method.

I am sure (at least I hope) it has already been mentioned, but item duping is extremely easy now... with tents and vehicles. Like Is aid, I figure you know about it, but if you (DEV) want more info to confirm you already know about it, just pm me please.

Also (for tuning) loot drops... Chernarus seems to have LOADS of farmers who were obsessed with the collecting of axes and rotor assemblies. Rotor assemblies seem to be more common than engine blocks to cars, and the number of axe spawns is pretty nuts.

I know. Fucking alpha man. I know its said so many times.

But seriously these guys are doing there best they can. Hop off their back and just be a good little test subject.

"little"? You have some issues, man.

I have about a million things going on in my life, and about a dozen games on tap that I enjoy. Yes, I'm happy that when I want to play, I am able to, so far. I've also learned to take it easy for a few days after a new patch and see how things go.

It used to be that if something broke (Daggerfall comes to mind), a week was amazingly fast for a patch.

You seem to have an issue against the devs and how this game is developing. Or are you just being a good little iconoclast? You badass rebel!

Updating working well here. No artifacting with GTX560.

Zombie aggro is way too random. Sneaking is useless when there's always a zombie that aggros you from 50 meters away even when you're completely still and the ones right next to you do nothing. I dont mind the zombies being reaaally dangerous but it's just annoying when they're so completely unpredictable.

Is anyone else here experiencing stat resets at all? I logged into a server the other day that seems to have reset my character without all of my gear, stats and all. But when I logged off of that, and onto a new one. Gear was back, back to the old location, but my stats and health were reset completely.

Thanks

Is anyone else here experiencing stat resets at all? I logged into a server the other day that seems to have reset my character without all of my gear, stats and all. But when I logged off of that, and onto a new one. Gear was back, back to the old location, but my stats and health were reset completely.

Thanks

most likely that youve been onto a private hive server...