rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.4 Rolling Update

I'm surprised that we didn't hear anything from the devs yet. I'm glad I didn't update to 1.7.2.4 cause I really don't want to experience graphical glitches.

• Like 2

Ghillies still bugged, i logged out with 7 stanag mags and l85 in my backpack, when i logged in i stiil had 7 stanag but my gun dissapeared. I ran back to tent to get new L85, picked it up, picked up some stanag rounds cause i dropped previous ones, log-out, login on my regular server - bam, no stanag rounds but gun still in backpack.

First, congratulations on an incredible mod. Day Z is awesome.

Second, here is my feedback as a new player moving to 1.7.2.4 from 1.7.2.3. I've read this thread and I don't feel like you're getting accurate feedback from players who can run to a tent and fully rearm every time they die:

Zombies' behavior or vision checks for players is too erratic to try to sneak; the result is that the only practical way to loot areas is to sprint through zombies, loot quickly and find a building with two openings to escape the zombies. In 1.7.2.3, crouch walk was a viable way to play the Frogger sneak game with zombies and loot areas. In 1.7.2.4, you will almost always have to be prone when there are multiple zombies within about a 100 yard radius. The issue is that you'll need to crouch to move over barriers or move up certain steps, and zombies will see you at this point. Being prone all the time also makes the game excruciatingly slow. At least in 1.7.2.3 I tried to sneak past zombies, which I think is more in line with your intentions and the spirit of the game than bugging the zombies on some building. Here are a couple of examples:

I spawned on a new server on the coast. Without moving, I looked east and west down the coast and didn't see any buildings. I looked north toward the railroad tracks and saw a building at least 100 yards away. As I zoomed in on the building, I saw a zombie already running toward me and I hadn't even moved.

I'm sneaking by a zombie by crouch walking. I'm about 30 yards in front of the zombie and he's walking toward me, but has not detected me. As I crouch walk towards a house, a zombie almost 100 yards away begins to spring toward me, bringing his buddies. The zombie that I'm sneaking by, that is staring at me from 30 yards, does not detect me.

Edited by d00m
  • Like 6

I'm surprised that we didn't hear anything from the devs yet. I'm glad I didn't update to 1.7.2.4 cause I really don't want to experience graphical glitches.

we did hear from the devs. you jsut missed it. in the troubleshooting section of the forum, one of the devs started a thread about the graphical glitches ;)

After a few timesplaying it. i can confirm it works. For the most part.

Tents are working, so seem to be clothing (clan members found them and report they are working, tents I tested for myself.).

It appears the respawn button seems to be disabled even when legs are broken.

Zombie hearing seems to work, sometimes. One time I ended up dying after I shot a weapon, and got surrounded by a gazillion zombies. On another time i shot right on the area of a few zombies and only a few agroed. Seems the problem is the crawlers (for what I noticed), in some angles they ignore the shots, while the walkers were all over me.

Thanks for a cool update. Hope you are getting a lot of valuable data from the recent logs.

• Like 1

I'm not surprise anymore unfortunately. This is the same thing that happened last time and the time b4. I would say that the most braking game thing atm, alpha/mod/testing whatever you wanna call it is : the graphical glitches near any military structure, military tents and camps, barbed wire etc. You would think that after so many "bug report" that has been submitted related to that you would see an answer from a dev, or rocket himself why not, or somebody else that can say something on the line of "we have been seeing your reports and we are taking an action towards solving the problems starting with... blah blah blah" . But the reality is that it doesn't exist a timetable for this. It's a bit of a peculiar project if i may say. And lacking a bit of communication for things that matter. None the less i still like it and wondering where it could go. This is from a arma 2 lover btw, since day1.

2) Ghillie and camo suits. Nice to see them back, but whenever you put them on your backpack resets to default coyote 8/8 slots. Solution: Drop your pack on the floor b4 wearing any skin. Can't think of more atm. I'll be back when i'll see the announcement of the hotfix or next patch.

3) Yeah, zombie hearing sense is back. But their behavior is way erratic.

4) Nerf of so many guns! Very bad choice that i don't understand from bis. I really don't get it.

5) Why so many tents? I've encountered too many. Some form of duping must still be on.

6) M1911/revolver mags. You still have infinite bullets. Must change! Everybody knows that when you have 1 bullet or more left you convert back to your gun mag and it's full again. Silly but probably easy to change. I hope at least.

Edited by Fabrix

Thirsty!!

Just got it running, out in the middle of nowhere so i was already thirsty. But no amount of water quenches it. I have literally 16 water bottles on me and ive been through ten of them, losing blood. HEEELP!

also:

Latest 6 launcher update

Arma Beta_95417

Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260

DDR2 4Gb RAM

Edited by 3rdParty

Please devs. Fix this!! Not only the graphics glitches but whatever you changed is asking way too much of the engine and half of the people trying to play CANT play because it's not very nice playing with like NINE FRAMES PER SECOND. Ya know? FFS it's ridiculous!!!

Thirsty!!

Just got it running, out in the middle of nowhere so i was already thirsty. But no amount of water quenches it. I have literally 16 water bottles on me and ive been through ten of them, losing blood. HEEELP!

also:

Latest 6 launcher update

Arma Beta_95417

Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260

DDR2 4Gb RAM

Wrong thread dude. FFS people are your brains all switched off or are you just fucking lazy? 16 water bottles? LMAO you obviously dont get the usage water bottles have, or you wouldnt carry more than 2 or 3 ROFL

So can we get a word on if you're working on the horrible artifacting due to prop soldier bodies? It's kind of starting to piss me off that I haven't seen anything from the devs about it, as it makes the game unplayable. None of the "fixes" I've found anywhere actually work.

Edited by Nick8478

Is it just me or my char does get thirstier faster than b4 patch?

If you start shooting many Zeds will come. If you have many bullets you will still come out on top but be careful because they will respawn almost instantly.

Being sneaky is rewarded. You can still lose them around a house corner or bushes if it comes to worse.

Edited by Fabrix

Wrong thread dude. FFS people are your brains all switched off or are you just fucking lazy? 16 water bottles? LMAO you obviously dont get the usage water bottles have, or you wouldnt carry more than 2 or 3 ROFL

the fuck are you talking about? transporting them between camps you colossal tit, in the middle of nowhere!! already tried someone elses water and still not working. And at least i provided a lil more detail on ze problems of this update then you did you regurgitated wench.

All id like to say is, i was enjoying this game up till this last week, ive been on about 6 servers now that have been hacked, either the whole server gets teleported to the same location, gets teleported to a base where guns are in green crates(sort of like gun game.....) or last night when we were all on Kansas 1 and a hacker killed everybody on the server....to me getting this shit sorted is more important than a helicopter.

Also the artifacting is just terrible, getting to the point where the game is just unplayable.

I'd say the update is good. Ghillie suits seem to be working correctly, as I haven't taken mine off since getting it. The only problem I'd say is the graphical problems/screen tearing caused by barbed wire/ambient barbed wire. From what I've read though, the screen tearing is from the ArmA beta patch. Either way, good job Rocket. Keep it up.

So can we get a word on if you're working on the horrible artifacting due to prop soldier bodies? It's kind of starting to piss me off that I haven't seen anything from the devs about it, as it makes the game unplayable. None of the "fixes" I've found anywhere actually work.

It's already been stated that they know about the issue and are working on it. You, and others, need to read more before posting. Granted, it is buried in 50 pages of thread, but given the history of the mod fixes, it's usually safe to assume that they are not ignoring the issue.

Edited by edonovan
  • Like 1

about the artifacts:

Ok, i think we found the source of problems. Need some time to solve that.

Thirsty!!

Apparently ye move through enough servers and its gets fixed :S Yaaaaay!

I thought I would put my 2 cents in.

After first starting in the new patch I spawned outside the map, after re-logging multiple times this did not change. So I picked a direction and ran towards it. Luckily it happened to be the right direction cause I happened to stumble back into the map near Myshkino. Only after finding a tent and raiding it for an M16a2 and 4 rounds of ammo. Sorry to whoever's tent that was, but this is dayz. It first everything was good, I managed to convince my friend to play even though he had been experiencing problems earlier. I met him at green mountain. Green mountain was particularly bad, even looking at if over a K away I got artefacts galore, however if I veered my view left or right of the tower then it was all good. We got pretty close to the base at the top and wanted to raid it but the artefacts got too bad. I eventually got kicked for a massive ping but logged onto a different server, my friend stopped playing after this. I went and hit up some deer stands, aggroed a zombie from a fair distance away however I was running. It took me two shots to the chest to kill it, it was a military zed. I headed north and am now near stary sobor however I am not getting the artefacts.

Basically some feed back:

1. I did not get spawned back onto the beach after glitching out into the wilderness, however it was not the debug plains so maybe it did not apply to my character.

2. I did not find zombies any harder to kill, but they aggro alot easier now, not really a problem, however I am curious as to how far a zombie will be from you before it aggros if you are crawling. If it has changed then crawling through towns could become nearly impossible. This is something I should test out.

3. The artefacts only show up in certain areas. It could be due to high traffic in that area, for example apparently there were loads of dead bodies on top of green mountain which could have caused it, however I did not get the artefacts while approaching Stary sobor I did binoc the town and did not see any movement so maybe there was no one there.

4. The loading times are horrendous, It takes me twice as long as it used to. I am often going from server to server because I play with friends and we try to find the best server for all of us, and as it is my modem is playing up so this on top is excruciating.

I think that is all I have really noticed for now, I really do hope this gets fixed soon. I am so eager to play a smooth game where I can go into towns and not worry about getting artefacts galore.

Edited by chewsta

Hey rocket, in the previous v1.7.2.4 thread I asked about my character that had spawned in debug ocean. You said with the new changes, if I waited to login on that account once v1.7.2.4 went live, he should be ported to a safe location.

It kind of half worked. I was ported to coast (Cherno I think) but I'm swimming inside the ground. I've got my gear, so I'm stoked I didn't lose it, but I can't stand up or do anything...I'm literally swimming around in the ground with my body half showing.

Outside of this, I've been happy with the patch, but any idea as to how to fix this or maybe address it in the future?

Is it me or did this update make the zeds run FASTER than you can? I was heading out of a town, out of site of any zeds, bushes blocking the view back towards town (couldn't see any town buildings anymore due to the thickness of the bushes, was about 150m from the town at that point) out of no where I heard the zed screech as I'm standing up running (not crouch running), ear only 1 bar, visual 3-4 bars anyways I see this zed flying up through the bushes faster than I've seen zeds move in the past I was running trying to lose him but he was running a lot faster than me and was closing the gap FAST. It's almost like he was on warp speed or something but definitely running a lot faster than my char could. Wonder if this is intended to add more difficulty or just a bug in the zed behavior?

Anyone else experience super fast zeds with this patch?

• Like 1

Is it me or did this update make the zeds run FASTER than you can? I was heading out of a town, out of site of any zeds, bushes blocking the view back towards town (couldn't see any town buildings anymore due to the thickness of the bushes, was about 150m from the town at that point) out of no where I heard the zed screech as I'm standing up running (not crouch running), ear only 1 bar, visual 3-4 bars anyways I see this zed flying up through the bushes faster than I've seen zeds move in the past I was running trying to lose him but he was running a lot faster than me and was closing the gap FAST. It's almost like he was on warp speed or something but definitely running a lot faster than my char could. Wonder if this is intended to add more difficulty or just a bug in the zed behavior?

Anyone else experience super fast zeds with this patch?

I started playing on v1.7.1.5 and zombies have always been much faster than me. How do you think they can try and melee you over and over when they are chasing you? They catch up to you, stop to swing, but by then you are out of range, so they run back to you (catching up to you) and swing again and the process starts again.