rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.4 Rolling Update

I didn't have any major issues besides my tent eating everything upon a server restart...

eh that sounds like a major issue..... maybe playing it for longer will reveal the exstent of problems the majoriety are experiencing unless you are lucky to play on the same 'perfect' server every time you play.
  • Like 1

Just finished a load more playtime, 5 hrs ish (95389 & 1.7.2.4)

Did some normal dayz shit got killed got kitted again and drove over most of the map

This was messed up tonight

Loading times longer than last night, lots longer

Artifacts

Still couldn't fill water bottles

Animals couldnt retrieve food after gutting

Got shot right through a truck?? how is that even possible

Lag ffs Laaaaaaggg lots of it my m8 was down to 9 frames in the countryside normally 50-60 (we play on same server all the time)

zombies i have no idea what they are doing anymore

Some standing stock still, some ambling about even though you stand 2 feet in front of them, some spannering without even seeing us

really bad desynching in vehicles ,worst we have ever known

Players sliding sideways quite a lot

Its a bit fucked up guys, hopefully someone is looking into it

Its definatly getting worse.

This....my FPS is a bit on the edge at the best of times ie I get 45 average so I cant afford to lose 10fps (when others with higher margins may not notice), but now? It's so atrocious I cringe at even thinking of firing the game up, because I'm getting 9FPS in towns and 19 max....the only exception is when servers restart at which point It's fine for a while but never lasts long....I'm bummed.

The Good

- Items don't disappear during log-in

- Zombies now hear gunshots. (Only shoot Lee Enfield when very desperate)

The Bad

- Zombie detection increased drastically.

- Artifacts in Cherno, Balota airfield,and Stary Sobor tents.

Specs:

i5 2500k @3.3Ghz

8gb ram

EVGA 560ti SC DS

Running around nw/af, all is well, get stuck in walk mode, mash shift to get back to normal, sticky keys tries to turn on.

Second arma2 randomly opens up when I alt+tab back in, alt+tab back out to see what's going on, and I'm met with a dead screen. Panick, as I certainly shouldn't be dead, and open up the window I was playing where all seemed well. All was well.

Continued playing, got to camp, logged off.

Logged back in, on server where our camp actualy is (cz02) and spawn on the beach.

What on earth was that second window, how did it kill me, and why didn't my char. save when I logged out an hour or so after the weird death screen?

:-( I loved that char.

I had my character for 8, "in game" days. Which is a long ass time for me. And, I had 17 player kills. Also a lot for me. And my character fell through the floor of my van today and died. Randomly just fell through it. I died with 7106.09 health. I was so upset. ):

Believe the tents will be fixed once the changes to the Hive SQL structure are rolled out. As well as the chopper re-introduction.

According to the 36hour time given previously, that could be in 1hour 30mins from the date of this post plus time for your server admin to restart.

Edited by IMF2000
  • Like 1

Already saw a hacker flying around and spawned a boat in the middle of town... can't believe they are already in latest

Made me leave the server... in turn lost recent backpack items switched... lost my m4 sd, damn hackers...

Loosing interest now. If these stupid changes keep happening. The game is unplayable for me and my friends now. >:(

So... Will the helicopters be active in 1 hour upon server reset? I'm really anxious to find one.

So... Will the helicopters be active in 1 hour upon server reset? I'm really anxious to find one.

Considering there has been no official statement saying otherwise then yes the helicopters will appear when first stated.

Edited by DaveyP

played a few hours: 580 no issues with graffix

zombies seem to spawn in greater numbers

running (95389 & 1.7.2.4)

Quick question: noticed many servers now running the latest arma beta so is it safe to get the latest arma beta driver (95417) or best to stay on 389 for now?

Had a lot of graphical glitches too with new patch, but setting object details on very low helped me. So far 0 artefacts.

I have not recieved any issues with graphics glitches

have you been around any of the affected areas?

For everyone complaining about Respawn being disabled : it was disabled because a lot of people were clicking on it accidentally when going to Game options.

When and if the arma2 developers will patch it so that the game will ask you to confirm you want to respawn, just like it asks before aborting, maybe the button will remain active.

Are u seriously so stupid that you believe this shit you just wrote? Disabled cause a lot of ppl misklicked? ahahahhhhhhhhhhhhahahahaha RETARD! Its disabled that ppl dont respawn till they are at the posotion where they want to be and spam the server with bodies! Just to inform you. Sorry i had to laugh so much when i read your post

have you been around any of the affected areas?

Oh you may be correct: i was up at devils and from there to the east and south almost to Berezino

silly of me to not mention where i was having no graffix issues - lets chalk that one up to rookie poster mistake

I keep spawning in the wilderness with the new patch. Is there any way of fixing this, that does not result in death. I want to roll back to 1.7.2.3 but non of the AU, ANZ or NZ servers are compatible.

Has there been a lot of dying due to the new patch? I'm curious because coastal towns have been even more like war zones than they were before the patch. I suppose it's doing to people dying for whatever reason and respawning on the coast?

There was some hilarious scene in the Elektro grocery store on this one server I was at, there were no less than 5 corpses (including 1 in a ghillie suit) inside, along with 5 ALICE packs. It was almost like some ironic statement, "they could have each had an ALICE pack if they had learned to share..but instead everyone ends up dead and nobody gets one."

Also, it seems like the corpses of players with ghillie suits cannot be looted? At least the menu was not showing up for that one guy in the grocery store, maybe he was just in a bad spot.

Edited by Zoulja

Not complaining that your telling the players to "Test it out and if anything happens don't complain" But it seems most of the issues your having can be resorted before you give out the patch. Beileve me I love the game, But really? Doesn't seem that you don't check the patch before giving it out. And the things you call "Hotfixes" seem like "SlowFixes". Reccomend you give a more broad Changelog and add a much more detailed changelog. Please it seems every update is getting more and more buggy.

Loosing interest now. If these stupid changes keep happening. The game is unplayable for me and my friends now. >:(

I believe you can learn to play it :) Happy hunting.

.... Troll

Somebody commented about zombies had to see you

My m8 stood right in front of one and it was banging into him trying to follow its path, he kept moving and jigging about and it just ignored him.

Zombs were well weird last night

And i got my favorite respawn last night and im back up and running with alice pack and essentials all the way from Kamenka and back with my teammate after loads of adventures.

Dunno why people moan about the spawns.

But then i don't just run across the map i play the game and check deerstands and buildings and generally do things within the game, me and me m8 both got killed he got Cherno and i got Kamenka we still managed to get to a meet at Zelenogorsk and get to Aircraft sites and a load of other stuff we did last night.

If all your going to do is run to your m8s tents to reequip in a panic and not enter any buildings to find stuff or engage any zombies.

Why are you here ?!?

• Like 1

At the risk of generalizing, Chimaera, most likely to kill other players.

Though, I may be unfair on this statement, most likely so they can defend themselves from other players.

Still a sad statement.

Remember this is still ALPHA, dont play this if u expect to play a "game".

I keep spawning in the wilderness with the new patch. Is there any way of fixing this, that does not result in death. I want to roll back to 1.7.2.3 but non of the AU, ANZ or NZ servers are compatible.

I have been spawning correctly with 1.7.2.4 / 95389 and i play on those servers

what arma beta patch are you on? How are you launching the game? Any other info you can give?

And as to why it seems places are more Hot pVp id assume because guns do less dmg that fights now go on longer at a guess

I run the game through steam and I am on 95417 or something like that. I did manage to find a tent in the wildy though, looted it. Got a good gun.

Perhaps instead of bitching about glitches, describe your system so they can fix it...

"omg glitches every where, this game sux"

"worst update ever"

*not helpful*

asus blah blah blah

i7 2700k blah blah

16gb Ram

VIDEO CARD

*helpful*

I have not recieved any issues with graphics glitches on the following system:

Asus p6t deluxe v2

990x @ 4.41ghz

24 GB G skill 1600mhz Ram

EVGA GTX 680 OC

Windows 7 Ultimate 64

Launching with Day Z commander

10.7.2.4 & 3 Betas - 95393 95417 95312

In fact, everything has run mouch more sloothly on my end except for a few stuttering zombies here and there. Overall, less hackers, better sync, no lost items or vehicles, better gameplay, more challenging zombies - all positive.

I guess I have to retract this...

after 5 hours of gameplay I am getting artifacting at Berezino tents. Its pretty terrible. Unplayable for sure. I can see what you guys are talking about. GTX 680 here on latest Beta and Dayz ver.

1.7.2.4 introduced random glitches around military areas for me, unfortunately they are not reproducable. Sometimes they're there, I log out and back in a different server an hour later and there are no glitches. Balota, Berezino, NWAF, Stary. Never had these issues under 1.7.2.3 -- but ARMA also was updated a couple of times since then so it may be related to that.

Win7 x64, ATI Radeon 7800.