rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.4 Rolling Update

Change your video memory to very high or something and then back to default, works great for me and other people.

Tackar!

Did try this solution but the other way around, from default to very high, since apparently the RAM-limit of Very High was removed in a recent patch. I guess I'll just switch it back and see what happens.

Edited by Flatline

im gonna ask this question again because it didn't get answered before and are probably forgotten by now.

So, is the temperature mechanic removed, because the temp is gone in the debug monitor.

Or is it working just that its hidden like humanity ?

Apparently temperature is still raising and lowering because I got sick yesterday while on over watch for my squad and start losing blood (Luckily we had antibiotics).

And don't have the temperature on the debug monitor anymore. If this is going to continue may I suggest more change in color on the temperature icon because we stood next to a fire for a while and couldn't tell if the temperature was going up because the color of that icon wasn't changing almost at all.

Game is unplayable with the current amount of graphic glitches that are completely taking over the screen.

glitch01.png

glitch02.png

Anyway to fix this somehow or we just need to wait for the next hotfix? I don't know if this is related to the wire fences or something else, but at least for me, it's unplayable.

server hopper detected

Edited by Roboserg

Latest aggro ranges seem a little INSANE. I can handle it but when the PvP starts to flow, the zombies are just a pain in the ass.

Example: run into a building for some loots, have to take out a stray zombie with your side-arm, 50 zombies close-in on you, if all you have is a side-arm, god help you. All I see this encouraging is more people just dc'ing, or is that the point? Now that you track the amount of logs.

Rocket, since you took out the numeric temperature indicator from the debug monitor.. could you at least change the bloody thermometer indicator to show red when at normal temp and slowly change to blue as you get colder?

• Like 3

Apparently temperature is still raising and lowering because I got sick yesterday while on over watch for my squad and start losing blood (Luckily we had antibiotics).

And don't have the temperature on the debug monitor anymore. If this is going to continue may I suggest more change in color on the temperature icon because we stood next to a fire for a while and couldn't tell if the temperature was going up because the color of that icon wasn't changing almost at all.

I dont think those indicators are quite accurate yet. Sometime when I wait until they start blinking to consume nurishment, they will go clear afterwards and just have the green outline of the icon, I wont know what stage it is until it starts blinking red again. The temperature gauge does need some tweaking though.

Tackar!

Did try this solution but the other way around, from default to very high, since apparently the RAM-limit of Very High was removed in a recent patch. I guess I'll just switch it back and see what happens.

Try the same thing with Anti-Aliasing. Worked for me but have to do the same every time I start the game.

Perhaps I'm just not used to it anymore but shooting pretty much anything gets you so many zombies... And I could swear they just keep coming, I went from 30 zombie kills straight to about 68 after shooting the M1911 in Polona, not even that big of a town. And the reduced damage definitely doesn't help getting rid of them neither, it takes about 3 shots in the body to take one zed down. (with the 1911 that is)

Yeah zombie spawns/aggro seems to have gone back to near 1.7.1 levels.. you know the insane levels that had everyone raging? Not sure how much you changed the zombie hearing but I know their eyesight is still insane.. I've had Zombies aggro on me through half a towns worth of buildings and never fired a shot to do so.

We saved two vehicles and a tent last night. After a good night's sleep, we logged in this morning to find that all of our hard work was left intact. Everything has saved properly thus far... ;)

• Like 2

I wish they would have nerfed sniper rifles across the board.

also, temp value indicator should be through audible clues. Such as shivering noises, and breath fog.

• Like 2

server hopper detected

Retarded detected.

If you have nothing else to say, just shut up.

This screenshot was taken on a non-hive server, which means i can't server hop.

If you have nothing better to say, just don't say anything, it's better that way.

I'm seeing some different threads regarding the artifacts appearing on the screen, some people saying that turning off/lowering HDR fixed the problem. Anyone can confirm that?

Edited by Fenrig

Yesterday was playing with a friend and the zeds were aggroing WAY easy , we tried to be really ninjas but they still aggroed from far away or even with the min. sound that prone does

I know i saw videos of this update with zombies being retarded and not aggroing but for us it was completly the oposite.

Anyone had experienced this ?

Edited by maatdk
  • Like 1

Ok, so here`s my feedback from what I`ve played 1.7.2.4 so far.

First: Graphical glitches. As many people already said, the graphical glitches in some places don`t let you see a thing ahead of you. Hope this gets fixed soon.

Second: Zombie sight. Ever since the LoS patch the zombies seems to be broken. I mean, right now in 1.7.2.4 the sound they hear feels great. You shoot in the middle of a town, a horde come running to you. That`s how it`s supposed to be. But you might be crouch walking in the middle of trees and then a zombie come running for you out of nowhere. It`s really random and frustrating. I think in the early 1.6 I guess the zombies were perfect, the only problem they had is that they could walk through walls. And also all you have to do to lose aggro is walk through a pine tree or something.

Third: Loading times. I remember the beta patch and dayz update that made the loading faster, took me seconds to get in the game. Now it`s taking me and my friends 10+ minutes just to get into the game. This, when we are not stuck in the loading screen. Few days ago I spent 30 min just trying to get in a server, got stuck in the loading screen every single time and had to close the armaoa.exe process. Now in 1.7.2.4 and the new beta patches I don`t recall being stuck in the loading screen, but loading is taking a really long time, like 10 minutes or more to me and my friends.

I think this is it so far, will test a little bit more now. Thanks.

Edited by alanzin
  • Like 1

Wherever the idea came from to disable the RESPAWN button, well, I can honestly say it is by far the worst "update" to ever happen to this mod. The game has now become even more of a running simulator, and anyone who spawns in Kamenka knows what I am talking about. In my opinion, it greatly ruined much of the enjoyment I had playing this mod. Go ahead and give me that "Well now you have to care if you die!" bullshit, or, "It's more realistic, go back and play Call of Duty if you want it easy." garbage. I have been playing this mod almost since public release, have NEVER played Call of Duty, and can honestly say I have had a great time with it up until this patch... Removing the option to respawn was completely ridiculous and I bet has a lot of impatient people (if they haven't already) quit the game and wait for The War Z. When removing the respawn button, you should have at least gave us an option to choose where we spawn... "It's not realistic..." isn't an excuse... Zombies are also super-human now and can view people from across the city, guns aren't as powerful... Personally, I think with every patch released, the game becomes more and more broken and bullshit. I am almost on my last leg for patience with this mod...

1. Clothing still bugged?

I found some camo today on a player I killed. I equipped it, got teleported to the debug plains for a split second and then back to my original location with the camo gear on, but my ALICE pack was replaced by the standard Coyote Patrol Pack (with half the gear from the ALICE pack in it), the other half was destroyed.

I checked the ground in a 20m radius but didn't find the ALICE pack.

Note: the ALICE pack I had was from that same player, I didn't immediately notice I also looted the camo clothing, so I put the camo on about 10 minutes after equipping the ALICE pack.

2. Graphical glitches and unremovable barbwire fences

Some joker decided to deploy 6 barbwired fences and 4 hedgehogs in the Cherno fire department. This resulted in a +-300° view full of grey/brown/white glitches (North was the only direction that didn't go derp on me.

To add insult to injury, I couldn't remove half of the fences no matter where I was trying. I spent 5 minutes walking back and forth and left and right until the menu option would pop up, but to no avail.

3. Crawling over 1" high edge is still more lethal than an elephant bull in full musk

I lost 13k blood (and broke a leg, but that doesn't really matter when you're at -1k blood) simply by crawling close to the edge of a container.

4. Thank you for removing the respawn button

I actually saw 6 low-geared people at Berezino today. And for the first time ever I actually saw someone else at the NE airfield.

Edited by Applejuice
  • Like 1

Wherever the idea came from to disable the RESPAWN button, well, I can honestly say it is by far the worst "update" to ever happen to this mod. The game has now become even more of a running simulator, and anyone who spawns in Kamenka knows what I am talking about. In my opinion, it greatly ruined much of the enjoyment I had playing this mod. Go ahead and give me that "Well now you have to care if you die!" bullshit, or, "It's more realistic, go back and play Call of Duty if you want it easy." garbage. I have been playing this mod almost since public release, have NEVER played Call of Duty, and can honestly say I have had a great time with it up until this patch... Removing the option to respawn was completely ridiculous and I bet has a lot of impatient people (if they haven't already) quit the game and wait for The War Z. When removing the respawn button, you should have at least gave us an option to choose where we spawn... "It's not realistic..." isn't an excuse... Zombies are also super-human now and can view people from across the city, guns aren't as powerful... Personally, I think with every patch released, the game becomes more and more broken and bullshit. I am almost on my last leg for patience with this mod...

FOr one theres a few whiner babys about the respawn gone. Cry more.

also i've had no issues with zed aggro, and as for the guns being nerfed that had nothing to do with this mod. It was Bohemia that nerfed them in Arma 2. Know your information before you attack the mod you stupid cunt

Well, until they can figure out how to keep your selfish ass from making twenty character records in the database so you can spawn neat "duh phat lootz", tough. I do just great spawning in Kamenka, but I'm not playing "L33t City Shooter".

• Like 3

Rocket helped us out by adding as much screen tear as possible in the latest patch. I guess it adds to the realism, right? Here's a pic of what the airbase looks like:493_grey_ray.jpg

Respawn Button disabled...omg

WTF is wrong with teh developers? They disable the respawn button so that there arent so many dead bodies and server works better. BUT

That was never a problem with this!

Everyone is now finding the nearest ZEDS and kill himslef. Just more annoying for players. I cant understand stupid game development decisons like that. Why make it harder for the players?

I wish they would have nerfed sniper rifles across the board.

also, temp value indicator should be through audible clues. Such as shivering noises, and breath fog.

Shutup, snipers are meant to be powerful. Get over it.

• Like 3

I have to post again to tell you Developers how retarded it is to disable the respawn button.

Just annyoing and time intensive for players!!!

Fucking sons of whores!

I want to play a game to have fun and not to spend around 30 minutes with trying to respawn and then be in kamenka again for the 3rd time but my friends are in solnichny! WTF??

Do you use your brains ?

Edited by Adrian187_86

I think the zed sight and hearing is fine. some of you need to learn to play different

they do still have some spawning issues though