rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.4 Rolling Update

Easiest way to install, best control, easy roll backs.....

Manual install..

+1

Easiest way to install, best control, easy roll backs.....

Manual install..

Absolutely, i wouldn't be able to roll back and forth through patches with ease if i hadn't gone this path.

On Topic

Whilst in game BE had quite a few failed updates before it managed to get it done to 1.66 i think.

Animal bodies stay so you can get the meat but they disperse still as soon as you remove it ( i think there is supposed to be a delay before it sinks)

Other than that seems fine so far

More later.

am i the only one getting kicked off servers after the update? i get a battleye cannot update error message and then kicked off.

Played it for an hour, and it feels great. Loaded very fast, too.

Can anyone confirm whether the old bugged tents are now saving properly, or if we need to put new tents up? I left some test objects inside my two bugged tents, but I'll have to wait for a server restart to know whether they're now working...

Possible bug:

When reloading a half-empty m9sd magazine, the gun did not cycle to a full mag, instead sticking to the 7-bullet one. Even if I attempted to select the half-empty mag and move it to the backpack, the full clips were moved, instead.

Edited by takfar

Is there any word on when female characters will be able to wear different skins?

just make a dude character for now

Do we know if it's fixed the crazy pistol & shotgun nerfing from the latest Arma2 patch? Is Rocket intending to revert back or is it here to stay?

am i the only one getting kicked off servers after the update? i get a battleye cannot update error message and then kicked off.

Download it from here and simply place in OA Expansions folder.

http://www.battleye.com/download.html

Edited by Problem?

So i'm at Sixlauncher and 1.7.2.4 now.

Some server 95417 seem to have wrong configuration ("Bad version, server rejected connection" after dayz-screen), also got once a hang at "Loading"-screen.

No problems at servers 95393/95389 so far, works well

just make a dude character for now

Still running on my 31 day old character, female, with a ghillie suit sitting in my backpack... Don't really feel like remaking just yet.

Servers all say Bad Version for me, Six Updater updated to the Correct Version I would Expect, because i see some servers with just a few people, i just hope it isnt server hosts being @#$%'s and changing there files, and just having them and there buddies run around collecting all the stuff, aka helis then the rest of us, get to join for the scraps later. All speculation but, still...

Edited by joeman4

I had the update installed through Sixlauncher, and was stuck on loading... Manually installed using the link Rocket provided in his first post, and it worked. For half an hour though, and i got kicked with the same message as everyone about BattleEye failing to update.

Having significant trouble loading into the game with the new patch. Going to try some different servers and report back!

Edit:

Nope! Definitely cannot connect to any servers now. Stuck at loading.

Edited by jesquik

most servers aren't on 1.7.2.4 so I don't think it's related to many people logging in.

umm, wouldn't that mean a ton of people wanting to play the new patch are trying to connect to just a few servers?

So, something very weird happened when i downloaded this. Everything works fine except one thing, ill link a video and you will notice.

(Latest drivers installed, tried restaring still same thing)

setting the video memory to default in-game fixed this problem for me

• Like 1

Thanks for the beans, Rocket. :thumbsup: :beans:

Our new member Booker yesterday and me today? We've both been touched by the devi-god Rocket. You've made at least two of us at SpiderGaming.org feel extra special. This interactivity with our .. dare I say it .. idols, is something only the Internet and this new world can bring. It's an extra reason to be glad it's not 1492.

Actually, the best part about this game is that for the last 24 hours I can't even get it to launch it due to various configuration incompatibilities but I've still been having some of the best Ventrilo conversations about DayZ while it's been broken for me.

Now that, my friends, is a 'proper' game. It's the type of game that plays with you, even when the lights are out.

• Like 2

works like a charm atm for me =)

putting on camo clothing deleted my backpack. now shows a coyote patrol pack again with 8/8 slots.

nothing of value lost.

also the texture is super low rez even though i have both BAF and PMC.

Possible bug:

When reloading a half-empty m9sd magazine, the gun did not cycle to a full mag, instead sticking to the 7-bullet one. Even if I attempted to select the half-empty mag and move it to the backpack, the full clips were moved, instead.

I've seen this in previous versions with my 1911. AFAIK it's one bug: reload not switching out a partial mag for a full one. The behavior of not dropping the partial mag is correct: the game does not drop it because it is currently loaded in your gun.

Actually, the best part about this game is that for the last 24 hours I can't even get it to launch it due to various configuration incompatibilities but I've still been having some of the best Ventrilo conversations about DayZ while it's been broken for me.

Now that, my friends, is a 'proper' game.

>>>>It's the type of game that plays with you, even when the lights are out.

Yup, and with that said, I did somehow manage to logon to a 1.7.2.3 server with ALL the current updates, have no clue how/why that happened.

That said, I managed to kill some zombies, "consume some cans" and drink a pepsi, then run into a lamp post and get kicked off the game. Played for 10 minutes before the server realized something was not right, weiird.

stucking at LOADING, too

but the content of the patch sounds great :)

i appreciate your work, and been looking forward for a few europe-servers to join in

Thx !

Ehm, you have no idea what you're talking about.

Says the guy who doesn't even know how to quote someone on the forums. Lolol.

Anyways for those of you who may have had issues with "This server is running an incorrect version of the server side application" make sure you have the 32bit C++ Redist installed. I had recently installed a new server and only installed the 64bit ones. My bad.