cybourg

Safety toggle for weapons

Have you ever been in the situation where you are looting and you accidentally fire and then get your brains eaten my zombies?

I have been in that situation many times and every time that happens I waste nearly 10 mags onto zombies.

Some weapons won't have this feature, but the majority of weapons will.

When you fire with this mode on you will get the "empty mag" firing sound.

If you have any thoughts on this please post, and also please give me your beanz. :)

--Cybourg

• Like 2

double tab left control to lower your weapon. when you press "fire" it will just raise the gun to the firing position first!

• Like 3

Then you'd forget it was on safe when you're getting shot at by a bandit. I would anyways.

No it would be like the text on the top right where it says "semi/full auto/burst"

No this is indeed a silly idea, no beans for you. And in actual fact you should be giving us all beans for wasting our time here.

No this is indeed a silly idea, no beans for you. And in actual fact you should be giving us all beans for wasting our time here.

I don't want to sound annoying, but how is this a silly idea? (If you don't want to reply, thats fine)

Edited by Cybourg

My god, I would LOVE this feature, for one reason and one reason only. One of the people I play with has a serious problem with accidental firing his weapon and it usually panics us all and makes us have to relocate, fast.

Cooking Meat ... *BANG* SORRY! SORRY!

Filling up water ... *BANG* My Bad! Sorry!

Looting hospital ... *BANG* etc

We would give him a hatchet, but he has a habit of flailing it around in combat and knocking people out :/ Safety selector would be great. But just for him.

• Like 1

Have you ever been in the situation where you are looting and you accidentally fire and then get your brains eaten my zombies?

I have been in that situation many times and every time that happens I waste nearly 10 mags onto zombies.

If you have any thoughts on this please post, and also please give me your beanz. :)

--Cybourg

This is an intresting idea, i can't tell you how many times i'm running with my boys and one of them darts across the street below me or up the stairs i'm watching without saying anything...But i don't think it's practical because if you're not fast enough you're dead.

I don't want to sound annoying, but how is this a silly idea? (If you don't want to reply, thats fine)

The only time you ever use the safety catch on a weapon is when you are 99.9% safe, like in a military compound.

The rest of the time any soldier's weapon will be live so the response time from taking fire - to returning fire, or sighting a target to firing is as swift as humanly possible. The slighest delay can mean life or death in the real world so that's what I base my opinion on.

I completely understand where you're coming from however, I've seen myself being pinned down in a house having to sit and watch the doorway for 15 minutes straight with my headset up loud just to shit myself when I accidently fire my own weapon lol.

But as I said previously, only when you're guarenteed safe pretty much would the safety be applied, and in DayZ there is literally no where safe.

Safety would be awesome..a minor feature I am aware but awesome non the less. Doesn't ACE have that as well? Always felt weird, that this wasn't already included in the base game

I think the idea is ok, nobody in their right mind except pvpers run around with their safety off, if you could actually shoot yourself you would appreciate the safety function. It probably saved a lot of players lives in A.C.E. 2 because they were told to switch to safe when they didn't need the gun. And you always have enough time to switch to fire when you encounter a player.

• Like 1

when you're using scroll wheel just use the middle mouse button click instead. no shooting, no problem.

Oh dear god.

If you don't want to fire, don't click whatever buttons you have set for firing. IE; Don't hit the left mouse button.

Like in real life, you don't always have to safety the gun because you stopped shooting. Take the finger off the trigger. Don't rest it on the trigger. Teach this to people you play with. I've been shot in the butt ingame because people didn't know this. Taking a .45 to the butt is no fun.

It's really a safety issue, i bet a lot of players were shot from teammates because they didn't put their guns in a safe place ( lower weapon ) before interacting with the backpack. I removed the LMB execute action to avoid accidental discharges and lower the weapon when i acces a backpack. I happened often enough that a weapon was discharged unintended hitting somebody. In the A.C.E. Tac group i am playing everyone is told to put their weapon to safe when they are not in combat.

At least you should be able to safety your weapon in certain situations. One reason: You can't lower a pistol.

All they got to do is add a safety feature that you can change just like you switch from full to single shot. Right now, lowering the gun only happens with rifles and shotguns but its tricky and it would just be easier if the safety option was available. Real guns have safety features. I understand a lot of pistols dont have a safety button but they have safety features nontheless.

Why the hell would you click left mouse in any situation other than shooting? You need it only on map, menus and inventory, and there you can't really shoot accidentally or you're incredibly clumsy and shouldn't even play the game without adult supervision and a helmet.

USE THE MIDDLE MOUSE BUTTON FOR ACTIONS. (since you're already selecting the action with the mouse wheel.)

Why the hell would you click left mouse in any situation other than shooting? You need it only on map, menus and inventory, and there you can't really shoot accidentally or you're incredibly clumsy and shouldn't even play the game without adult supervision and a helmet.

USE THE MIDDLE MOUSE BUTTON FOR ACTIONS. (since you're already selecting the action with the mouse wheel.)

I see your point, but sometimes when I'm using the menu the menu goes away before I can select the option, and then I shoot my buddy in the back when getting his stuff out of his bag.

No, I don't see how you could possibly misfire your gun if you are playing, if you've came back from alt-tabbing or something, fair enough as I do that. But I doubt something like this would be needed for that.

Some players use lmb to execute an action ( it's the basic layout if i remember correct unless they changed it ) so it can happen and happened.

--Cybourg

Yes, please.