Sign in to follow this  
Kin0

The Payoff - Best Experience in DayZ

I've been playing this for over a week now, and I've got to say it was hellish for the first few days.

It took my friend and I nearly a week to finally meet up on the map, and I've gotta say it was the biggest sense of accomplishment I've experienced so far in this game.

I've learned to stay the hell away from firestations and big cities... I've learned that gunshots attract a crap-ton of zombies... I've also learned that helicopters are deadly.

What's your biggest payoff in DayZ?

On a side note, for those who may not have tried this yet: Don't try to pick off zombies on the outskirts of a town/city, I believe they have fixed the hearing and agro, cause we had about 12 Zeds bearing down on us before we decided to take to the hills.

Happy hunting folks.

Biggest payoff? Crashing a hacker's helicopter into him and blowing him up. He rage quit and I saved the server I was on from impending doom!

Edited by govnogaming
  • Like 1

Almost killing the bandit at their duper camp (logged) and then destroying half of their cars is still the best payoff from me :P

welcome.

just remember zeds are spawned by player proximity (200 m)

if you are <200m it means someone else is or has been there.

different weapons have different audible volumes some can be heard from far away some cant, for instance the axe is silent, while the einfeld will attract everything around you.

good hunting!

Saving my brother's life in Cherno in the convenient store from 2 players :D

I've been playing this for over a week now, and I've got to say it was hellish for the first few days.

It took my friend and I nearly a week to finally meet up on the map, and I've gotta say it was the biggest sense of accomplishment I've experienced so far in this game.

I've learned to stay the hell away from firestations and big cities... I've learned that gunshots attract a crap-ton of zombies... I've also learned that helicopters are deadly.

What's your biggest payoff in DayZ?

On a side note, for those who may not have tried this yet: Don't try to pick off zombies on the outskirts of a town/city, I believe they have fixed the hearing and agro, cause we had about 12 Zeds bearing down on us before we decided to take to the hills.

Happy hunting folks.

I learnt about not shooting too close when I was sniping zeds from a friend.... I got closer and they heard and we ended up running away like little children ( this was when zombies were harder to shake off and couldnt lose them behind a tree

My biggest payoff. Meeting up with 2 strangers and running around for hours shooting zombies and a couple of bandits, then at the end of the night I had to leave and I watched them walk into the distance... Was almost like a scene out of a movie....

welcome.

just remember zeds are spawned by player proximity (200 m)

if you are <200m it means someone else is or has been there.

different weapons have different audible volumes some can be heard from far away some cant, for instance the axe is silent, while the einfeld will attract everything around you.

good hunting!

Yeah, we found that out pretty quick. My buddy was popping off a couple rounds from his rifle and four zeds rushed us haha... Good times

found a bicycle, best day of my life.

This.

But also spending hours and hours with a friend trying to find a compass (After searching around 10 supermarkets) and finding two on a player I killed.

Edited by DanielChicken

I just found my first downed heli... however, the loot kind of sucked. There was an FN Fal there, but it had no ammo. I already had an m4A3 CCO with 5 clips and couldn't justify walking around with a gun with no ammo and a makarov...So I left it. What would you guys have done?

This was certainly not my best moment...

My best moment occured last week, on my first night with my first character. I didn't know enough to use an online map, had nothing but my bandage, flashlight and painkillers, and had NO idea where I was going. I was just running! About 3km north of elektro I found a tent in the woods. It had a dinner bell, some ammo, a watch, and an axe. WOOHOO! I thought I'd hit the jackpot!

Turns out, an hour later I'm starving because I didn't find any food and was still extremely lost. Worst of all, it was getting dark. oh no.

So as I'm thinking about ending it all I crest a hill and see a road. I decide I'll follow that road (to the left...east maybe?) until I either find food, or die. I took about 3 steps down the hill and then witnessed the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen in dayz.

A car comes booting around a bend and stops about 100m from me. It looked like they saw something they wanted to investigate (it turned out to be a dead player), and I could only presume that was me. I dropped to prone just in time for the ambush. I don't really know how many guys were shooting from the forest, but I'd guess 4 or 5. One of them was close enough to me that the rounds were snapping over my head. It was over in about 10 seconds but I laid there for a good 10 minutes. They never looted the bodies (the car blew up at some point) and I heard nothing. By this point my screen was grey and shaking....

I ran down to the scene of the ambush and found 3 bodies. The first two had all of the gadgets a guy could want.... but NO FOOD. The last guy had sardines. SARDINES!!!!!!

So I got out of there with a coyote pack, DMR, M4a3 CCO and a bunch of meds only to aggro some zeds right before I left to grab a beer.

Ah well...

Landing an M107 shot through the lower rectangle window of the back part of the Elektro Supermarket into someguys knee before he killed my two friends (Who got shot by the guy hiding behind the counter >.>) still was an awesome moment, made better by the fact we discovered he was a hacker when cows started raining from the sky a few minutes later.

Edited by Momiji

Landing an M107 shot through the lower rectangle window of the back part of the Elektro Supermarket into someguys knee before he killed my two friends (Who got shot by the guy hiding behind the counter >.>) still was an awesome moment, made better by the fact we discovered he was a hacker when cows started raining from the sky a few minutes later.

I would piss myself laughing if cows started raining down in a server... Oh man.

Best thing ever was making a hacker mad...

Spawned with nothing, spoke on direct comms asking him to give me a lift, he got out the helicopter, I jumped in the gunners seat killed him and flew off :)

Best would be planning on spending the whole weekend gearing up only to find a tent 20 min after spawning and being completly geared (gillie suits and nvg) with some top of the line weapons .

My best day involved finding a bicycle and riding from Zelenogorsk up the west side of the map to Lopantino then to Petrovaka while sticking to minor roads and giving NW airfield a wiiiiide birth. From Petro I made my way SE to Grishino then around Devil's Castle then on to Gvozdno(sp?). There are some very nice towns and roads along this route.

I finally made it to Krashnostav to resupply at the market then on to the NE airstrip. This was my mistake and the end of my bicycle adventure. I parked my ride in one of the hangers and proceeded to check out the other hanger. On my way to the control tower... BANG... dead as a doornail. I hope whomever that was took good care of my bicycle as she was a good and trusty steed.

• Like 1