Sign in to follow this  
rocky46

Is it meant to be Hardcore PVP?

Is it meant to be Hardcore PVP? or are players just being dicks all the time? i thought it was just coop zombie survival if this is the case why is pvp even enabled?

or is it this... "your not allowed to have private servers join the public ones so all the pros can troll and take your stuff and call you noob"

i mean come on is this a zombie survival or just another pvp troll game?

It is zombie coop. And you can kill your friends. Everyone is happy. Peaches.

• Like 1

Yup PvP troll game explains this pretty well. But unlike you, I wish to seek vengeance against my trolls instead of QQ about my lost inventory.

• Like 1

As it turns out, it's a zombie survival game with hardcore PvP.

Not sure why so many people have such a difficult time with the fact that these two things are not mutually exclusive and can both exist in the same game.

Also, if you "thought it was just coop zombie survival" then it can only be because you didn't pay attention to any of the widely available information on the game, including this very website.

Best of luck out there. It's not so bad once you're off the coast.

• Like 1

As it turns out, it's a zombie survival game with hardcore PvP.

Not sure why so many people have such a difficult time with the fact that these two things are not mutually exclusive and can both exist in the same game.

Also, if you "thought it was just coop zombie survival" then it can only be because you didn't pay attention to any of the widely available information on the game, including this very website.

Best of luck out there. It's not so bad once you're off the coast.

i see thnx for filling me in im gonna be more careful now and show no remorse in shooting players nobody gets past me alive mwahahaha!!

Maybe if the survival aspect wasn't so easy PvP wouldn't be so prominent?

Who wants to team up to survive zombies when it can just as easily be done on your own? Actually, doing it on your own might actually be even easier.

Edited by Zoop

Maybe if the survival aspect wasn't so easy PvP wouldn't be so prominent?

Who wants to team up to survive zombies when it can just as easily be done on your own?

Didn't we just get done talking about how the game isn't just about zombies?

The survival aspect of the game isn't just about surviving zombies - it's about surviving other players too. Those both count as survival.

And trust me if you run into a squad of 5+ other players, you're going to regret being alone and might think about bringing some friends along next time you travel.

i think there needs to be more zombies, but fix the delay/no damage bugs and make body shots count for nothing on zombies still keep the pvp but but make the zombies part more challenging as it is 1 guy can bypass alone i say make it so it requires platoons of guys planning a tactically to get by loot resulting loot harder to get players less likely to fire off rounds after all onec you have everything.. whats left to do? the thrill is in the chase and if you have the balls to pvp then so be it pvp is too easy because zombies are too easy it needs an equal balance but at the moment the most challenge leans on pvp

Didn't we just get done talking about how the game isn't just about zombies?

The survival aspect of the game isn't just about surviving zombies - it's about surviving other players too. Those both count as survival.

And trust me if you run into a squad of 5+ other players, you're going to regret being alone and might think about bringing some friends along next time you travel.

And now I'm talking about the zombie aspect and saying it's too easy, hence why people shoot each other. Also, it's fun shooting each other.

And now I'm talking about the zombie aspect and saying it's too easy, hence why people shoot each other. Also, it's fun shooting each other.

if zombies are harder people will shoot less that doesnt mean it will kill pvp elements but only add more of challenge to it, maybe he just wants another game where he can kill and troll players easily if so maybe he should "go play COD"

It is what you make of it. Thats the idea. If you find someone willing to cooperate then its a coop pvp game. If not its all out war for those chemlights !

Is it meant to be Hardcore PVP? or are players just being dicks all the time? i thought it was just coop zombie survival if this is the case why is pvp even enabled?

or is it this... "your not allowed to have private servers join the public ones so all the pros can troll and take your stuff and call you noob"

i mean come on is this a zombie survival or just another pvp troll game?

First, no one is allowed or entitled to say what is the aim of this game because rocket itself said that it depends on the community if DayZ will become a true survival horror experience with bad and good guys or a sniper-fest.

Second, most of pro-wannabes playing on regular servers with crosshair and nametags claims that they are doing PvP, this is not PvP, they don't even know the mean of this word. Sniping for the lulz/boredom is not PvP, it is griefing.

Third, there are no rules so, anyone can do whatever he/she wants.

Edited by Andrej Dudev