sjohnson

People using Tree /Grass exploit.

Removing textures wouldn't allow anyone to drive through trees, it would only make it look as if there were no trees there on their side.

They would end up running into or shooting into invisible objects

See my previous post, it absolutely does allow you to not only drive/walk through trees, but you can shoot through them as well. We found a dirtbike and with me on the back we went right through rocks and trees.

See my previous post, it absolutely does allow you to not only drive/walk through trees, but you can shoot through them as well. We found a dirtbike and with me on the back we went right through rocks and trees.

You guys aren't removing textures then you're changing/removing models, which isn't the easiest thing in the world to detect.

Even checking for files won't detect a model edit, unless you're checking to see if every single file is both there and the file it is supposed to be.

This would add a significant amount of time to login

You guys aren't removing textures then you're changing/removing models, which isn't the easiest thing in the world to detect.

Even checking for files won't detect a model edit, unless you're checking to see if every single file is both there and the file it is supposed to be.

Well, "You Guys" aren't doing anything. Someone I met was. I haven't done this, and I don't know how he did it, but he made it sound pretty easy.

Not nessecarily true, you might add signatures to the files checking for I.E - Time,date of last edit, size, location, UIDs and it should only make the load time longer by maybe a few seconds. Though one can edit the models out of the files but, then again those check prevent most of the things that can be done atleast for people who doesnt make hacks/exploits for a living :)

That's probably a desync issue. I often get driven through buildings when my group drives around in a vehicle too fast.

Server admins can add this. In the server config where Hostname, password, reporting IP.. ect Add the following ot make sure the servers do a check for the following files

// =======================

// JOINING RULES

checkFiles[] = {

"AddOns\plants2_Bush.pbo";

"AddOns\plants2_Clutter.pbo";

"AddOns\plants2_misc.pbo";

"AddOns\plants2_Plant.pbo";

"Expansion\AddOns\plants_e.pbo"

};

• Like 25

That's probably a desync issue. I often get driven through buildings when my group drives around in a vehicle too fast.

It's not like this guy went through one tree. I watched him drive a sedan through trees for about 20 minutes, and then we jumped on the back of a motorcycle and drove through trees for another 20 minutes. We are talking hundreds of trees. What was even more odd was that when I was a passenger in the vehicle it allowed me to clip through trees/rocks/bushes as well. The happened numerous times.

Server admins can add this. In the server config where Hostname, password, reporting IP.. ect Add the following ot make sure the servers do a check for the following files

// JOINING RULES

checkFiles[] = {

};

Make chcks for every single file, there are also buildings that if they remove they can just shoot throught it.

yeah my team, on the older patch just had that happen to them. Someone was shooting at them in the back of stary, and someone was able to find our camp that was perfectly hidden on our server for over two weeks. . . all gone now. . . Fuck what's wrong with these people?

// JOINING RULES

checkFiles[] = {

};

thankyou thankyou thankyou. . . much love and my beans.

BS Punkbuster does this with no problems you need to go learn coding.

I am amazed that the game doesn't already do this. I'm starting to think the coders of Arma 2 are effing retarded. This is cheating 101. I see people joining and getting the error message all the time and I kept thinking they were hacking out their rocks etc. Guess I was right. Friend of mine quit like the first day because we ran into hackers doing this. Should be a trial period for this game if they are seriously going to code it this tarded.

// JOINING RULES

checkFiles[] = {

};

• Like 2

Incase none of you know, all these issues are just from the Arma 2 engine itself. The engine was never meant to be hacker proof or anything, this was never a competitive game such as battlefield or call of duty. The whole purpose of Arma 2 was for a military sim, a game that some friends could get together and play out war scenarios. The engine itself is built to accept scripts and edit's so that custom missions and objects can be added to the game very easily. None of it is simply "Bad Coding" as you put it because BI never expected this kind of game play out of Arma 2.

Edited by Ehaic
  • Like 6

Incase none of you know, all these issues are just from the Arma 2 engine itself. The engine was never meant to be hacker proof or anything, this was never a competitive game such as battlefield or call of duty. The whole purpose of Arma 2 was for a military sim, a game that some friends could get together and play out war scenarios. The engine itself is built to accept scripts and edit's so that custom missions and objects can be added to the game very easily. None of it is simply "Bad Coding" as you put it because BI never expected this kind of game play out of Arma 2.

Exactly, this is the part that most of people here do not get.

• Like 1

you can drive through the trees (forests) its like they aint there, couse its client side and not server side. i have tested it myself, and its like playing with wallhack and all that shit. you can lay in the middle of the forest near cherno with a 50cal and kill every 1 you see, couse there aint no trees that the bullet can hit. FIX FIX FIX....

So i should report a player who gets "Wrong signature for file ca\plants2\bush\b_salix2s.p3d"?

// JOINING RULES

checkFiles[] = {

};

What does his actually do? All hat happens on our server is that it claims everybody joining is using modifed versions of those files. To reiterate, everybody. Should it do something else ?

What does his actually do? All hat happens on our server is that it claims everybody joining is using modifed versions of those files. To reiterate, everybody. Should it do something else ?

I just had someone test this by removing the tree and grass files and try to join my server. It just reports that they are using modified versions of these files and doesn't do a damn thing else! He can join no problem....

Exactly, this is the part that most of people here do not get.

Doesn't matter if we get it, matters if the person choosing the engine/game to make a mod on gets it. If DayZ were a house the foundation would be built on quicksand.

The fact that ArmaII/Battleye is horrible at cheat prevention is just an excuse. Saying it doesn't suddenly make all the cheating OK. Saying it doesn't make anything better, indeed it makes it worse since we can't really expect things to get significantly better while DayZ is on top of ArmaII.

awww, guess its back to joining low population servers until this gets fixed. Does the exploit let you see beyond 1000m?

I'm not sure what servers you guys are playing on but on my main server this doesn't work. Anyone who tries gets kicked right away.

I'm not sure what servers you guys are playing on but on my main server this doesn't work. Anyone who tries gets kicked right away.

That's good to know, but you are leaving out vital information on how to properly check for this cheat!

I don't have time to type out the entire story. I know what happened. The guys were not even facing me when I hid. Not to mention the distance. It was exploiting the grass / shrubs plain and simple. This only confirms it.

They could have had an L85 with TWS and used the thermal to see you