sjohnson

People using Tree /Grass exploit.

They could have had an L85 with TWS and used the thermal to see you

Once someone has their heart set on "hacker" or "cheater" you won't be able to sway them with logic.

It's like trying to explain evolution to a religious fundamentalist

Edited by Badjr
  • Like 6

Once someone has their heart set on "hacker" or "cheater" you won't be able to sway them with logic.

It's like trying to explain evolution to a religious fundamentalist

you sir have my beans for such a valid argument

That's good to know, but you are leaving out vital information on how to properly check for this cheat!

If I knew how to fix it I would tell you, have you installed BEC on your server? I know that has some nice features. :P

whats ur server, i bet i can join in no problem.

Its DK1 Soeborg, try joining it and see if it works. I'm pretty positive it wont.

Edited by Inzann

Whilst devs might not like the Lingor map, atleast the dev of Lingor did it properly: he put all his plants and trees (including arma2 originals) into objects.pbo and then made the whole lingor map reliant on objects.pbo. Therefore if you delete it you cannot play the game. It would be very simple to make chernarus.pbo reliant on all the plant, building and rock files.

Remember its alpha and rocket knows what hes doing, im sure things like this will be fixed in beta :)

oh and the fix for this is to change your config files to this:

In server.cfg set this

verifySignatures = 2;

This puts more load on your server however, so if its stressed already then it will be more stressed checking for v2 signatures.

Whilst devs might not like the Lingor map, atleast the dev of Lingor did it properly: he put all his plants and trees (including arma2 originals) into objects.pbo and then made the whole lingor map reliant on objects.pbo. Therefore if you delete it you cannot play the game. It would be very simple to make chernarus.pbo reliant on all the plant, building and rock files.

Remember its alpha and rocket knows what hes doing, im sure things like this will be fixed in beta :)

Still isn't difficult to edit the model, as opposed to deleting it.

Putting everything in one file wouldn't change much

You put it in a file and you periodically csum that file. There are lots of things that can be done, that are done by most other multiplayer games. Unfortunately Arma II wasn't built with that in mind.

You cant edit the model as the bsigns wont match (like an md5 wouldnt). The bsign doesnt just check the file size it checks the integrity.

oh and the fix for this is to change your config files to this:

In server.cfg set this

verifySignatures = 2;

This puts more load on your server however, so if its stressed already then it will be more stressed checking for v2 signatures.

Nope. Tested again and can connect with no problem! Bah...

Connect yes, but after about 2 minutes of play you will be kicked.

nope...

• Like 1

I am amazed that the game doesn't already do this. I'm starting to think the coders of Arma 2 are effing retarded. This is cheating 101. I see people joining and getting the error message all the time and I kept thinking they were hacking out their rocks etc. Guess I was right. Friend of mine quit like the first day because we ran into hackers doing this. Should be a trial period for this game if they are seriously going to code it this tarded.

Or their files were just corrupted. One time I had a error about a .pbo (rocks2 I think). I didn't modify anything. It just corrupted randomly as I had to verify files with steam option.

Incase none of you know, all these issues are just from the Arma 2 engine itself. The engine was never meant to be hacker proof or anything, this was never a competitive game such as battlefield or call of duty. The whole purpose of Arma 2 was for a military sim, a game that some friends could get together and play out war scenarios. The engine itself is built to accept scripts and edit's so that custom missions and objects can be added to the game very easily. None of it is simply "Bad Coding" as you put it because BI never expected this kind of game play out of Arma 2.

I totally approve this.

Edited by secret1962

got it running on my server today :) and i deleted my files and tested if i got kicked, i did get to the loading screen then it detected the pbo.plants where missing :) got kicked right away, and got stuck in loading 2.

Is this really necessary? According to the wiki (http://community.bis...wiki/server.cfg)this was replaced by verifySignatures

I tried both methods including running VerifySitnatures = 2 and the Check Files method at the same time. People who have removed the tree and bush files can still connect and do not get kicked. /shrug

Lowered my video options to gain some fps, from 15 to 30, and this was one of the effects. Easy to spot tents, vehicles and players in a forest, no fun in my opinion..

THIS.. It is simple to see through trees without editing your files.. Just run the game on lowest level setting.. No hiding places are safe.

Well yesterday I went to Elektro several times and there was a guy walking through buildings and driving with the bike through buildings! I was then in the Restaurant building and definitely couldn't be seen from outside - got shot, pressed y, got shot again - dead. AFAIK they don't have buildings and the bullet is calculated client side.

Removing textures wouldn't allow anyone to drive through trees, it would only make it look as if there were no trees there on their side.

They would end up running into or shooting into invisible objects

Wrong...I've played with people that tried this exploit. It was funny to watch them drive through all manner of objects. It doesn't effect the vehicle in any way. Also, it really takes away from the game play. Most of the guys I played with switched back to having objects such as trees because they lost the excitement of spotting survivors/zombies in unforgiving situations. Those that exploit hacks get bored with it eventually and go back to the original or simply quit playing the game.

Well it all depends on the server settnings. It doesn't work on Norway 26 for example, You just have to find a good server. I make sure the server checks missing files on people joining.

Well yesterday I went to Elektro several times and there was a guy walking through buildings and driving with the bike through buildings! I was then in the Restaurant building and definitely couldn't be seen from outside - got shot, pressed y, got shot again - dead. AFAIK they don't have buildings and the bullet is calculated client side.

Just got off US896. The same thing happened. A group of people firing through building. There were dead bodies everywhere in Elektro. They would come and go i think, so i think they were teleporting or server hoping. They ruined so many people's time its unbelievable.

The ones i've heard on voice chat are very, very young, and im guessing they like the the game so much because its all new to them that they can't imagine the grief that other who having been gaming longer feel.