sjohnson

People using Tree /Grass exploit.

Ok a video on youtube is showing you how to remove trees and grass ect. Its very over powered . you can see tents from a mile away .

all you do is ........... the ................... files from your .................. Can u patch this ?

Edited by sjohnson
  • Like 7

It can be addressed. Just make the game call up a file check on assets then spank them with a kick out of game until the file is returned.

• Like 1

Wow this is retarded. People would really make their game look ugly and horrible just to find some tents and vehicles?

Or change the file location and not name something "plants"....lol.

- Some Servers did manage to kick this people. Saw it last time in one Servermessage, that they kick those.

I do think its crazy that its possible to remove trees by modifying your own data O_o

Edit: its crazy to post this here ... dont wanna be killed by them

pls take it out

Edited by Norreka

If you dont see trees you get stopped every minute or? i mean you cant run trough trees even if you dont see them or?

Pls SJOHNSEN take you explanation out of your post ... too many would do that now ...

If you dont see trees you get stopped every minute or? i mean you cant run trough trees even if you dont see them or?

Pls SJOHNSEN take you explanation out of your post ... too many would do that now ...

Trees are still there but you just don`t see them. They need to buildin more checks @ startup etc, this is just crazy.

Yes thats great... lets post about it so that more and more people do it. Good job

Yep someone got rid of buildings in my server and I keep finding tents halfway inside of buildings and I saw a V3S running people over in Elektro just driving through everything...

Some people play DayZ for the experience.

Other people play it purely for the gear.

Edited by Dallas
  • Like 1

This needs to be addressed. My first day playing I ran into people hacking the grass out. I went prone thinking I was hidden. They ran right up to me and shot me dead. My friend playing with me quit the game.

Could have been night vision.. maybe following you for a while?

This needs to be addressed. My first day playing I ran into people hacking the grass out. I went prone thinking I was hidden. They ran right up to me and shot me dead. My friend playing with me quit the game.

Its actually quite easy to find people in the grass, the backpack sticks out like a sore thumb.

Also most servers have nametags on, so all you have to do is hover near a person to have their name pop up.

But if you're paranoid like I am you investigate any rock that looks out of the ordinary

I was behind a bush and some other things. Im not retarded I know the backpack sticks up.

I am guessing nametags were on though, correct?

I've found players just by scanning my mouse across the horizon and waiting for nametags to pop up.

People seem to be too quick about yelling out "cheater/hacker" these days with nothing but assumptions to back them up

I don't play on servers with name tags on because you can see people through objects. I also stream so it would be stupid.

Edited by PimpinSmurf

I don't play on servers with name tags on because you can see people through objects. I also stream so it would be stupid.

You can only see people through objects on recruit level servers.

Regular and even some veteran servers have nametags on.

Then theres alway the possibility that they saw you before or while you were going prone.

Happens all the time, lag between client>server>client can keep your character standing while you're in prone for a second or two after you had hit the key, sometimes more depending on the server lag

I don't have time to type out the entire story. I know what happened. The guys were not even facing me when I hid. Not to mention the distance. It was exploiting the grass / shrubs plain and simple. This only confirms it.

Edited by PimpinSmurf

i know ppl in ts who use this exploit and they can drive thru n shoot thru trees cuz they aren't there client side

it's BS

i know ppl in ts who use this exploit and they can drive thru n shoot thru trees cuz they aren't there client side

it's BS

Removing textures wouldn't allow anyone to drive through trees, it would only make it look as if there were no trees there on their side.

They would end up running into or shooting into invisible objects

Removing textures wouldn't allow anyone to drive through trees, it would only make it look as if there were no trees there on their side.

They would end up running into or shooting into invisible objects

LuLz

Trees are still there but you just don`t see them. They need to buildin more checks @ startup etc, this is just crazy.

Wrong, I met someone that did this. He can not see the trees, and he no clipped through them. It was even possible for him to shoot through them. He would take sedans and things WAY out into the woods because he didn't have to worry about hitting trees, rocks, bushes, stuff like that. It was pretty funny to watch, because on my screen he was just driving through trees. I'm not sure why anyone would make their game look like such crap just to see farther.

• Like 1