bosco72

Fake or idiots or both?

Im with you, fucking awesome.

It just shows what people can do with this mod, its great.

The guys voice is really annoying but doesnt take away from the vid :)

The "vid" was faked!

but that's the whole point, players aren't forced to do anything. this lot decided to kidnap people and present a situation to get them to fight for their enjoyment. pretty ridiculous to say that this is the stuff that gets games banned when it was players (not the developers) that made this "content".

It's not the game/mod or the actions and the violence, it the deeper implications behind all of those that will get frowned upon!

don't understand how this could be fake

Really? You can't comprehend how this could have been made up? Really?

It's not the game/mod or the actions and the violence, it the deeper implications behind all of those that will get frowned upon!

hopes you're trolling

How so?

Games tend to be very linear in what you can do, regardless if you think you can free roam etc. but behind what you think you can achieve there is a heavy set of rules put in place by many governing bodies.

I don't understand what the problem with this video is ? Are you just incredibly dull ? Do you not like fun ? Man i wish the party bus would find me.

Lol you are the party bus! 'welcome to your worst nightmare'

Idiots? Damn no. This is the most amazing DayZ video I've seen so far. Those people surely spent a hell of a time to prepare this whole arena thing and getting the bus etc.

THIS is the so called "endgame" what so many people claim to miss in the forum lately. Just be creative like these guys. Of course you can just grab a sniper rifle and kill unarmed players in Cherno/Elektro, but this would be something you could do in every other first person shooter aswell and so it's not quite special or entertaining. What these guys did was jsut really creative and unique.

Lol

lol, ban that zombie mod. Its teaching my kids to kill zombies!

And make an elaborate contest, where two people stand off against each other and fight to the death

and keep stealing the beans outta my backpack!

Lol most of you are missing the point completely! It's not the game/mod, it's the not the fact that someone could possibly be that stupid to get on that bus in that way, it's not the fact that a bunch of idiots took the time set that whole bus/gladiator arena up or indeed set up the whole contrived affair. It's what they did in recording it and what others will now do with that information. Most of the time it's not games that get banned its the actions of the players and how they process and act on the information they receive that get games banned.

Those people who complain about the video are probably KoS kiddies who don't even know that you can actually communicate with each other in this game.

Please google the word "roleplaying" and then watch the video again.

Can you explain that, please? Why should these actions cause the game to get banned? Cause I see it exactly the other way round. These actions will get the game some good critics cause it shows what kind of opportunities you actually have in this game, this video proves that there are nearly no borders to your creativity.

It's fake! What is wrong you you?

Not at all, it doesn't matter how you look at this. These actions will get ths mod and any chance of a stand alone banned in loads of country's!

...Really?...Having a gladiator match will get it banned in multiple countries...(sighs)...really?

i liked this vid too. But i can understand the people,who are "scared" that actions like this will cause this mod to be banned in some countrys!

Human players are foced to fight for death in an arena with the people forcing them are watching! This is the stuff that make games banned!

Dont get me wrong..., i like exactly those things in DayZ(only thing i like more is the thrill when something odd happens)! But there will be several politicans and parents who will go against it!

Exactly!

Pitting people against each other with hatchets and betting meat on the outcome is the GREATEST IDEA EVER. Good on them too, letting the winner go with a pair of NVGs. Those dudes are bad ass.

It's not awesome, it's a shit faked video, that now is viral and will be looked at by some pencil pusher that has some say in this and will only see the negative side of human player's luring and forcing other player's to fight to the death.

Yes this happens all the time in games many times over, but in context (no matter how flimsy) and with control. Once you take those moral confines away the pencil pushers get very nervous.

If I had been told about this, I would have thought thats a pretty interesting and unique event in a mmo. That is one of the reasons I play.

When you watch the video you realise there is a lot of idiots at work here!

Why would you leave your weapons? Promise of better equipment, er ok maybe? I wouldn't drop my gun for anybody! Talk of a safe haven and the rebuilding of socioty? Wtf? You would have to imensley stupid to buy that. If it was real why didn't the player leave the game when he realised he had been set up? Immersion you might argue! It's possible, but very unbelievable!

Very creative of the other players to go to all that trouble to set up? Yes! Spur of the moment to quote several movie quotes? Cheesy, but ok? Maybe in the excitement of it all? To give away nvg's? Wtf?

Edited by bosco72

It's not awesome, it's a shit faked video, that now is viral and will be looked at by some pencil pusher that has some say in this and will only see the negative side of human player's luring and forcing other player's to fight to the death.

Yes this happens all the time in games many times over, but in context (no matter how flimsy) and with control. Once you take those moral confines away the pencil pusher get ver nervous.

If I had been told about this, I would have thought thats a pretty interesting and unique event in a mmo. That is one of the reasons I play.

When you watch the video you realise there is a lot of idiots at work here!

Why would you leave your weapons? Promise of better equipment, er ok maybe? I wouldn't drop my gun for anybody! Talk of a safe haven and the rebuilding of socioty? Wtf? You would have to imensley stupid to buy that. If it was real why didn't the player leave the game when he realised he had been set up? Immersion you might argue! It's possible, but very unbelievable!

Very creative of the other players to go to all that trouble to set up? Yes! Spur of the moment to quote several movie quotes? Cheesy, but ok? Maybe in the excitement of it all? To give away nvg's? Wtf?

well maybe the players thought it was funny so they stayed since it wasn't like they were just getting shot at. and if they did D/C they could get in trouble for abusing the system.

Hell, that looks awesome... I wonder how many cowards did Alt+F4 until those two showed up

Edited by Bianca

funny how some people think it must be fake because "nobody would be that stupid". I'd go for that ride. So what if I lost my gear? There's so much potential for having fun in that scenario.. And we're talking about a GAME.

why would you disconnect when you find out it's a trap if you think the situation is fun? You can clearly hear the guy laughing out loud when the others "roleplay" in the bus and when it turns out to be something else instead.

• Like 1

I saw two players ERPing outside of Cherno this other day. One was wearing a female skin and the other one a male and they were using direct text chat. I was pretty amused by it.

Nothing in this game surprises me anymore. Gladiators fight to the death for a NVG? Sounds fun to me.

Funny vid, great idea, stupid OP.

Btw no one was 'forced' to do anything.

Its a game. All games can be shut off at any point.

Der.

Edited by Kuramashi

It's fake! What is wrong you you?

So what? Even if it is faked, the effort to do this whole thing is still incredibly high.

What makes you think that it's faked anyway?

But I don't even think that you're serious anymore... you're just trolling us, right?

Once again, what makes you think it is fake?

Why would you leave your weapons?

They picked up new respawned players from the coast. Therefore they had not much to lose besides maybe some low-tier weapons which you can find nearly everywhere on the coast.

Some of them might be so freshly spawned that they didn't even had a weapon anyway.

Promise of better equipment, er ok maybe? I wouldn't drop my gun for anybody! Talk of a safe haven and the rebuilding of socioty? Wtf? You would have to imensley stupid to buy that.

That is called roleplay. People do that to have fun, you know? And if you watch the video closely you'll see, that the "victim" didn't believed what he heard cause he was laughing about the speech all the time. BUT he was entertained enough by these players to stay in the bus, dropped his weapons and play their little game. Cause it was entertaining!

If it was real why didn't the player leave the game when he realised he had been set up? Immersion you might argue! It's possible, but very unbelievable!

Do you really think that all this happened during their very first try? I bet dozens of players just alt+F4'ed and they had to repeat and search "victims" over and over again until they finally found some, who don't disconnect. But of course they just uploaded the video where everything went for their favor and not the other ones with the disconnecters.

And as I already said, those two players didn't disconnected because they had no equipment to lose and they where entertained enough to stay.

Roleplaying.

Edited by Aranthir

if shit like this gets banned in your country, then you have bigger problems than video games. you need to get active in the political process to defend your right to simulated barbed-wire hatchet arenas.

failing that, you need to overthrow your government. i'm sure the squad tactics tha you have learned in dayz will help you in the revolution.

(edit) and btw, WHY would you think he's stupid for disarming himself? he didn't have any exotic gear. he looked like a fairly fresh spawn with a 1911 and an m16 that he picked up in a fire station. so what if he died? the bus ride with these guys' commentary is worth respawning by itself. if he had an m107 and ghillie and nvg and all the rest he probably woudla blown up the bus, which also would have been a good video.

Edited by StoneColdSteve

Omg, getting put in an arena to fight to the death?! Ban it! It's not like that's exactly what CoD multiplayer is. Hell, let me direct you to the Shadows of Rome game. Basically "Gladiator" the film, in game form. Where you literally fight to death in an arena... I hope you are a troll...

Also, I would have dropped my weapon too. The fact is, if you die, you start a whole new life again. And tbh I could only dream that I'd be took prisoner by a group of bandits and forced to fight to the death. It's what this mod SHOULD be like

Edited by JamesTheBrit

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?

getting all Gladiator Russle Crowe on that dude.. lol