FiX (DayZ)

[Vert Hosting] DayZ Servers | All maps supported! | New AUSTRALIAN location! | DayZ Unleashed!

The Vert Hosting team would like to wish everyone a happy new year!

Just a reminder: The 5OFFARMA2 deal ends tomorrow, so don't miss out!

James Warner

Vert Hosting

Guys I am unable to restart my server.

Ive filled in a ticket but no response yet?

What seems to be the problem with the Host ?

you that the server hoster is based in new zealand right? its 8o clock there ... have some patience, my server is running fine

I just ordered a server from you guys, can't wait for it to be ready.

The website looks great, pages load extremely fast, you have ALOT of options for your server to choose from, so if anyone wants to order a server from here go ahead.

Also make sure to use the 5$ off code

]5OFFARMA2

Thanks alot for creating such a wonderfull hosting service!

Alexander a.K.a Termin@tor.

Guys I am unable to restart my server.

Ive filled in a ticket but no response yet?

What seems to be the problem with the Host ?

This issue should have been resolved now.

Ok, First :

your teamspeak customer service TS is empty with no one to talk with.

Second :

Your Skype name is not found.

Third :

No one is answering support tickets.

Lastly were off to a bad start here, in my first 24hrs of use:

First i had my password details sent wrongly in your starter E-mail so i had to ask for several password resets via the website ticket system.

Then I could not enter server admin as i was getting kicked out by BE....again took 2 or 3 more tickets...

All in all i am feeling let down as the server was not setup properly and even though you replied to my tickets yesterday, today theres no means of contact with you and I am left with a server that wont let me in...

Cmon ?

There is a member of staff on Teamspeak currently. It is not manned 24/7, between 9am-10pm GMT+12 there is most likely a member of staff there.

Are you sure you typed the Skype name in correctly? verthosting in the Skype Name box, no capitals?

Unluckily human error does occur, which can cause an inconvenience. The tickets were replied to promptly, however and the issues have been corrected.

I just ordered a server from you guys, can't wait for it to be ready.

The website looks great, pages load extremely fast, you have ALOT of options for your server to choose from, so if anyone wants to order a server from here go ahead.

Also make sure to use the 5$ off code

Thanks alot for creating such a wonderfull hosting service!

Alexander a.K.a Termin@tor.

Unluckily there will be a small hold on your order, you have been contacted about it.

And finally, the 5OFFARMA2 coupon is going to be retired for now. With any luck we will have some more deals up in the near future :)

James Warner

Vert Hosting

Just to confirm that Mr James is helping me setup my server .

Thanks for your help !

I had problems connecting myself to the server the first time due to Battleye too, but there are ways to solve that by yourself. I guess you got kickbanned by some random script restriction, well if thats the case you couldve googled the problem yourself, for example edit the damn script.txt so that it doesnt kick you anymore, worked for me - its not the hosters fault. VertHosting just provides the hardware the rest is basically up to you which is a reason why this hoster is one of the best hosters, they offer you very much freedom to setup and admin your server.

Srsly, it sounds like a lot of whining from a noob admin, who didnt know what to do in the first place. And next time maybe check the timezone of the hosters company, europe->new zealand are ~12 hours apart dont except instant response times when its in the middle of the night in their timezone.

First: your teamspeak customer service TS is empty with no one to talk with.

Second: Your Skype name is not found.

Third: No one is answering support tickets.

First: I would consider an empty support dedicated VoIP a GOOD sign considering all the ways VH allows you to contact them.. They have a nice dedicated ticket system, they accept direct email, they provide support by way of Skype, and if all else fails like you mentioned even VoIP from time to time. I don't know what sort of service you seek in a host but considering all those methods if I found people hanging out in the support VoIP en masse I'd be more then a little concerned.

Second: User error? I've never had any trouble contacting VH by way of Skype. Considering they're online easily 10hrs+ a day..

Third: You contradict this very statement in a later reply.. You seem rather impatient as another user replies above IMO accurately points out.

in less then 24 hrs I experience loss of service
I counted at least 27 ticket extensions just to get the server running
i could not play DayZ in their host as i kept getting kicked out for all sort of script errors and lack of updated files

User error > 9000? 27 tickets in 24hrs.. That sounds like AMAZING service.. There is only so much they can do to run YOUR un-managed server FOR YOU.

What they offer is basically a do it yourself service

Have you ever run an UN-MANAGED gaming server before? Hmmm, doesn't seem so.. The lengths at which they went, that you outline in 24hrs.. All things considered are not a conviction of poor support but a vindication of their dedication to their customers. lol, I mean you are your own undoing.

Well this is it.

Some things just aren't meant to be.. and by that I mean you aren't meant to be an Administrator just yet. I really don't see what you're going on about trying to tear down a host that has done nothing but what it seems is provide excellent service to you. They did all of this during a Holiday period, from a different timezone and in 24hrs none-the-less.. Between their control panel and spoon-feeding you while being an un-managed customer I just can't imagine what would make you happy. I wish your next un-managed provider lots of luck in helping you along.

Edited by (OCN)Vortech
  • Like 1

Not sure about a couple of the others in here, but I've had an extraordinarily positive experience with them. Keeping in mind the time zone difference, all of my tickets have been answered very quickly, usually within a few minutes, and the issue is quickly resolved. Aside from a few hiccups, all due to my own meddling with the files, nothing they've done, the server has been running flawlessly and the control panel works very well. I'm more than satisfied with their service.

Edited by Larline

JTBlack,

Well this is it.

End of subscription, after 24 hrs i decided to cancel.

Firstly, it is unfortunate that you feel you had such a bad experience using our services.

I would like to point out some of the issues we have acknowledged that have stemmed from us. An invalid password was set on your servers setup (it did not match what was sent in the initial email). This was fixed soon after via Support Ticket.

The loss of gameplay access you encountered was due to your server losing access to its database after the password to your database was changed and your servers password was not updated to reflect this change. This is a point we have taken in to improve on - give more documentation and guides on general management of DayZ servers.

Lack of a good customer service and lots of " do it yourself " advice.

As defined in our Terms of Service, our services are Unmanaged unless otherwise specified. This means that all the work is done by our clients - we don't hold your hand and walk you through it.

We did give you advice pointing you in the right direction multiple times, telling you what needed to be done.

While our Support system is a little under staffed at the moment, Support was active and your problems were all resolved within a reasonable if not fast time frame. As was stated below, 27 tickets were processed within a 24 hour time frame, all processed by just two members of our Support Staff, which if you include the fact that they have to sleep, eat, etc, and that there are time zone differences and also there are a large number of other client, Support was handling this very well.

It got to the point i could not play DayZ in their host as i kept getting kicked out for all sort of script errors and lack of updated files.

The issue you encountered here was not affecting the servers gameplay, only the ability to access in the in game dedicated server management panel of ArmA 2 (which is not crucial for managing the server) that was blocked by an older revision of DayZ BattlEye filters. This issue was solved by Support in a very fast time frame, and new filters (from the community ban list) were recommended for the server via Support Ticket, with reasons why they should be used over patching the existing filters (to help combat hackers).

For anyone wondering, updates to DayZ and its related files are added in Updates section of TCAdmin. The files are not hidden from clients - it is a 140x90px button sitting almost directly in the centre of the server management panel in TCAdmin that is quite hard to miss.

What they offer is basically a do it yourself service with little or no real expert support.

Again, I'd like to mention that our services are unmanaged and are marketed as so. As is said in our Terms of Service, the services are "unmanaged unless stated otherwise." The Support did not do everything for you, as that is outside of the boundary of your service. Doing so would incur extra charges you for having to pay for extra staff to do the service management. The support given was professional and accurate, giving heads up in the right direction to solving all problems.

I counted at least 27 ticket extensions just to get the server running and even then I continued to experience server disconnects due to poor setup from the host.

I would also like to mention that all servers are running with no issues stopping them from playing properly when handed over to the client. All servers are set up by hand by our Staff and are tested to make sure that players can join the server and play on them before they are handed to our clients.

I did put in lots of hours trying to follow Mr James advice which it seems its a one man show still.

Due to the current holiday season, we have members of Staff off enjoying time with their families, so support is a little slower than usual. Even if they are not all present to the public eye, we do have numerous members of staff working behind the scenes.

I canceled appointments and ended up in being let down by Vert Hosting.

I do hope that the ones who have a stable server with Vert hosting dont have to go through what i experienced. And to people thinking about renting...think twice.

We have a lot of customers that have and still continue to rent from us in a range of services that are very happy with the services they receive. This includes customers that own small private servers for them and their friends as well as customers running large communities with multiple servers that are almost permamently full.

Now i shall wait for the usual damage control from MR James Warner the Network Administrator.

Marketing excuses as to lack of professionalism and dedication to new customers.

"Damage control" isn't a "usual" thing for us - most of our customers are happy with the service that they receive.

All responses to clients are professional and helpful, pointing them in the right direction while not holding their hand and walking them through it. 27 tickets in a 24 hour time period to one client, from two members of our Staff (that have to sleep and eat among other things) along with managing other aspects of their jobs as well does show a high level of dedication to each and every client.

We wish you good luck with your further experience in DayZ hosting as a server administrator.

Not sure about a couple of the others in here, but I've had an extraordinarily positive experience with them. Keeping in mind the time zone difference, all of my tickets have been answered very quickly, usually within a few minutes, and the issue is quickly resolved. Aside from a few hiccups, all due to my own meddling with the files, nothing they've done, the server has been running flawlessly and the control panel works very well. I'm more than satisfied with their service.

I am glad that you are enjoying your services with us and hope you continue to in the future.

James Warner

Vert Hosting

• Like 2

The latest Beta patch has been added into TCAdmin panel and we should be uploading the inventory editor to the current active build of DayZCP today!

Unluckily we are awaiting new server stock in France, so all orders for France will be put on hold until it arrives. Remember, your billing period is also frozen if your order is on hold - you're not paying for the time you do not have your server.

James Warner

Vert Hosting

Just ordered a 50 player private lingor server about an hour or so ago, just waiting for setup.

Your order should have been set up by now.

James Warner

Vert Hosting

We are please to announce support for DayZ+ under Bliss!

That means we are now selling DayZ+ servers as normal, with support for all the optional extras available for the other maps.

Existing clients running DayZ+ under Stapo's DayZ Server pack can request migration to the Bliss version of DayZ+.

James Warner

Vert Hosting

VertHosting is my 3rd host and i can honestly say that i don't think i'm changing next month. After a rocky start trying to find a good host i've finally come across VertHosting.

Support: There are plenty of ways to contact them and they are always there to help and never talked down to me. There was an issue with my server but they never fobbed me off with excuses and never tried to blame me like previous hosts.

Connectivity: Since i've bought a server with these guys, everyone's ping has dropped by 30ms. Great connection and no downtime.

Services: I like the fact that i can purchase the teamspeak and dayz server from the same place, i will possibly be buying a VPS or Minecraft server in future.

TLDR: I'm glad i found verthosting, you have all my beans.

VertHosting is my 3rd host and i can honestly say that i don't think i'm changing next month. After a rocky start trying to find a good host i've finally come across VertHosting.

Support: There are plenty of ways to contact them and they are always there to help and never talked down to me. There was an issue with my server but they never fobbed me off with excuses and never tried to blame me like previous hosts.

Connectivity: Since i've bought a server with these guys, everyone's ping has dropped by 30ms. Great connection and no downtime.

Services: I like the fact that i can purchase the teamspeak and dayz server from the same place, i will possibly be buying a VPS or Minecraft server in future.

TLDR: I'm glad i found verthosting, you have all my beans.

We are glad you enjoy our services and hope you continue to in the future :)

James Warner

Vert Hosting

DayZ+ *drools* I am all over that! I will be moving my Namalsk to that asap!

I was drooling for the right reason! DayZ+ is a great addition FiX! Thanks for getting it and hooking me up so quick.