camperJM

Why should I be playing this mod furthermore..

Not sure where you play but my friends and I keep all of our extra gear and weapons in an Ural and it hasn't lost anything for.... ever

Yeah and what server pop you play on? Because my clan had a ural with tons of guns in it and it got stolen from us (we stole it back lol) Then it was stolen again. The Ural sticks out like a sore thumb especially at night time to people with NVGs and the servers i've been on people were ALWAYS canvassing the map for tents and vehicles.

Also Hackers can have a vehicle radar to find your stash.

I find that hard to believe that someone can hide a vehicle for longer than 2 weeks without it getting stolen unless storing stuff off map is working again.

So I have played this mod for over a month now.. My character has been alive for 26 dayz , I have 900 zombies killed and 21 murders + 11 bandits killed.. I have found a chopper and I have found almost every vehicle.. I've played alone and I've played with friends.. I have the best gear in the game.. (Me and my 2 friends have 3 L85 AWS combined, also left about 10 AS50's).. Through this process I barely had fun..

I am utterly outbored with this mod.. I feel that it's extremely overrated and just plain boring.. Meh, it was fun the first few hours but then it just became repetetive.... PVP is extremely boring which every1 said was the end game.. Although I feel that the end game is finding the best gear, really..

There is nothing left to do with this mod and I just don't understand why people praise this mod so much..

It's not even fun, you know.. Could have some improvements here and there but I could care less as ArmA 2 is so broken even 3 years after release..

So I am asking here, Why the hell should I keep playing this mod and what is there to do left..

Honestly, I've never seen something so overrated since Lil Wayne.

If you don't like it, then don't fucking play it. It's still an alpha mod too, not even complete.

Really Guys...u are so poor! This is a gameFORUM. Someone posting his expirience and thoughts, and most of u 11yearold WOWkiddies rage him?? Why?

I think its a serious questions hes asks? Where is the endgame?What to do?? I know its still an alpha! But atm i bored too by this mod!

• Like 1

OP you are too funny... how many hours did you play this free mod for before you got bored? Must have been quite a few to achieve all that you have. That would seem to imply it is a good mod.

Was it boring the whole time? If so why did you play?

What do you expect out of a free mod? Endless entertainment? Get in touch with reality. Do something else you have obviously played the game to death.

Edited by MadTommy

So you had fun for a few hours, yet played for a month with a 26 day old character?

Here is what you should do;

Get a life.

Exactly my thoughts :) I mean, if you were bored from the beginning why will you be playing it for so long. One doesn't expect an end-game from a alpha-stage sandbox game mod, which wasn't intended as a game but more like an experiment. It's a sandbox - set your goals higher like controlling an area or building a huge camp... Or even better - give it a break, wait for standalone and see what's there

You just said you've been bored throughout your experience. Why the fuck did you continue to play? You must be a sucker for punishment. In any case, game clearly aint for you, brah.

yeah take a rest from dayz :)

when I started Dayz first days was like - wow there is so much to do and so much to discover, after a month - i have best possible gear, 20 bandit kills, 40 murders ~ 1000 zombies, have cars, bikes, have been almost in every place on map.

Dayz is sandbox with limits.

and If i want total sandbox to things how I want, I just go to editor

So this dude is upset because he played an FPS mod for 500+ hours and he is bored?

This isn't an MMO. The fact that an FPS mod made by a small team of independents kept you busy for 500 hours is a testament to how talented Rocket's team is.

SWTOR (recent 60 dollar MMO) barely has 500 hours of total content for a hardcore player.

This game (ARMA 2 mod) held you for longer than most modern professional titles.

I'll tell you what you do now. You send Rocket a thank you letter for 2 weeks worth of nonstop free entertainment.

I don't believe this guy has been playing for that long without getting teleported and killed by a hacker.

And even then the fun of this game is the beginning, not the pvp at the end.

If you consider shooting each other in Elektro the meta for this game, then obviously it won't satisfy you. I stay away from Elektro because every time i go there i find a dead body with all the items on it. There's no fun in that.

Maybe start playing of a full Expert(over 50 users) server and go to the NWAF

Wait till Beta and new maps come out or try to group with friends and battle with another group over domination of the map.

If you have stats like that, particularly the 30+ player kills, then you must log out at every dangerous opportunity an must be a snivelling coward so no wonder you dont fucking enjoy the game.

If yo had some bollocks, you would never come close to 30+ murders/bandits

Lame.

26 days

900 zombies

21 murders

11 bandit kills

fun for the first few hours <_<

Wait till Beta and new maps come out or try to group with friends and battle with another group over domination of the map.

Lol Beta and new maps.

Proper fire fights group vs. group are pretty cool. Never tried it, but a lot of videos show that happening. It's a free mod any ways, and is always changing. Maybe try other mods or play the normal Arma II experience...

If you have stats like that, particularly the 30+ player kills, then you must log out at every dangerous opportunity an must be a snivelling coward so no wonder you dont fucking enjoy the game.

COD/BF3 kind gamer thinking

you can get 30+ kill if you play smart even without camping in one place for 2days - just look for spawned zeds in vilages, listen to shoots etc

• Like 1

26 days

900 zombies

21 murders

11 bandit kills

fun for the first few hours <_<

Meh it just became boring doing the same thing over and over again..

Maybe I should just go on a suicide mission and die then start over and troll people..

But I still don't want to lose all the work I've done...

how are people retaining all this gear when it seems that tents and vehicles wipe their inventory constantly?!??!?!?! Not to mention people raiding camps all the time.

OP must be playing on a server with 10 people or a clan one that is PW protected. lol.

No what happens is They Dup their load out so when they die all they have to do is run back to a tent and its like nothing happened.

So I have played this mod for over a month now.. My character has been alive for 26 dayz , I have 900 zombies killed and 21 murders + 11 bandits killed.. I have found a chopper and I have found almost every vehicle.. I've played alone and I've played with friends.. I have the best gear in the game.. (Me and my 2 friends have 3 L85 AWS combined, also left about 10 AS50's).. Through this process I barely had fun..

I am utterly outbored with this mod.. I feel that it's extremely overrated and just plain boring.. Meh, it was fun the first few hours but then it just became repetetive.... PVP is extremely boring which every1 said was the end game.. Although I feel that the end game is finding the best gear, really..

There is nothing left to do with this mod and I just don't understand why people praise this mod so much..

It's not even fun, you know.. Could have some improvements here and there but I could care less as ArmA 2 is so broken even 3 years after release..

So I am asking here, Why the hell should I keep playing this mod and what is there to do left..

Cool story bro, dont let the door hit you in the vagina on the way out

I'm thinking I can see a pattern here. No offense to young people but there seems to be a age related divider in this mod.

Post-WoW: People who need the game to entertain them and create content for them, else they get bored. These people think PvP is some sort of Endgame.

Pre-WoW: People who have played games like, Star Wars Galaxies (the original one) and Ultima Online where you basically needed to create your own reasons to login. The typical Sandbox type games. These people would tend to try and create things in the game that have a lasting impression on the world. Organisations, bases, different ways of playing the game, etc.

Of course this isn't the way it is for everyone but generally I think it's true.

• Like 2

You have zero imagination,

This is sandbox, no such thing as "end game"

The game is the canvass and your the fucking artist, and if your a shit artist you will get bored fast.

Did that even make alittle bit of sense??