davidecibel

Just to make things clear - weapons nerf is not a DayZ patch.

I supported all changes made in the weapons balancing apart from a couple. The lower end pistols were pretty heavily tuned down but I do think this is necessary for some sort of 'progression' base in gear. The Enfield nerf was whole-heartedly welcomed and very much hope it either stays the same or gets lowered even more.

Not being able to kill a zombie with a revolver headshot, however, is a bit much. Regardless of weapon, a headshot should be a 1HKO.

My zombie kills read 3 and my headshots read 4. I was quite surprised. Sure, its medically possible, but come on...

That's the thing. In arma the combatants are wearing body armor, so the change does make sense. In DayZ there's no armor, so a little fix to the mod files might be required.

BIS needs to keep developing their game and they'll do it the way they see fit, mods or no mods. If Rocket wants DayZ to stay the way it was he'll have to change up the mod a bit.

That's the thing: I'm not at all certain on how that actually works in the base game. I'm pretty sure insurgents, militias, civilians, etc don't wear body armour and it seems like damage values for them are still calculated as if they theoretically are wearing vests and helmets? Hence the goofiness we are now seeing in DayZ. It's all seems a bit lazy on BIS part, because it should be trivial to check whether armour is being worn whenever a given character model is hit and then adjust the damage values accordingly.

Truthfully, I'm not too panicked as what I just suggested above can be modded into the game without too much hassle, and soon we'll have A3 which will have a much more detailed and realistic approach to the whole equipment, weapons, attachments, uniforms dynamics. So, we shouldn't see this kind of nonsense popping up in the sequel, which is the game DayZ standalone will be based off (assuming rocket continues using the RV engine).

apart from the PvP issues, since 1.7.2.4 it's even more annoying.

Zs aggro you from miles, and you can't really use your gun because a single mag can take out 2 of them tops once they aggro you.

and a player health nerf won't help: too many weapons would become 1 or 2 shots to kill, and the Zs would be even MORE challenging.

not to mention rocks, stairs, doors and bushes.

Just reduce the health of the Zs a bit to counter the nerf of the guns.

When you can dump 2 mags of 1911 (maybe 40-50% hit rate, at least one was in the back of the head/backpack) and still have the person running around, something needs to be done about the weapon damage.

Yeah I noticed this the other day. The game follows a very consistent view of reality. For instance: I shot this fucker three times in the chest with my m16 the other day (something that should be nothing short of death sentence...especially in the DayZ World scenario). He did not go down. He shot me once in the face with his .45 (that should probably kill me instantly)...it killed me instantly...So like I said...it's fairly inconsistent. I wish they would fix that.

I don't care if it's 9mm or .45 ACP. You can't instantly neutralize anyone with a body shot unless you hit their central nervous system or you convince them to be neutralized.

In real life, if you take a pistol round to the stomach it's not going to kill you immediately, regardless of the caliber. However you're probably going to stop doing whatever the hell you were trying to do because of the pain and fear.

In this game, you're shooting at zombies. Zombies don't give any fucks about pain. Zombies just want to eat you alive.

Realistically, you should HAVE to shoot for the head to kill a zombie… if zombies were real that is.

I would agree with you here, but the zombies in this game move like a retarded, teleporting, 1 year-old cheetah cub with Downs...so fuck that. (until they fix it)

I would like to say that default arma 2 does NOT use the same health system as dayz. There is no blood system in default arma 2. While it does depend on the settings you run in default arma 2 the damage will probably be more authentic. Also many people that play arma 2 run the ACE mod which makes the game even more realistic.

Methinks the original poster is a pretty reasonable guy.

If you shot (hypothetically) a zombie in real life with a revolver, it would get sufficiently fucked up to put it down. Who cares if it's a reanimated monstrosity that seeks only to eat your flesh? If anything, it's more decayed and structurally weaker than a human. It'd get blasted.

Yes, I think this is a legitimate sore spot for quite a few of the hardcore, long-time ARMA guys. I remember that when something along these lines was suggested on the BI forums a few weeks back, the response from Marek himself was quite arrogant and off-putting. OTOH, the flagrant bashing of the DayZ community and player base going on over there is completely out of line and greatly misguided.

As soon as some DayZ kiddies or Rocket wants something to be introduced or fixed BIS is as fast as lightning.

If one of their long time contributors or many of them ask for something they should be prepared for Marek turn up on the dancefloor and kick everyone in the nuts just for the fun.

Counting Magazine size in the backpack? NOBODY WANTS THAT!

A proper penetration based armour system? NOBODY WANTS THAT!

A fix for the SUPER RADAR? NOBODY WANTS THAT!

In the eyes of Marek nobody ever deserves anything unless he likes it because the current system is "sufficient and working" as he puts it.

I really liked BIS a lot for quite some years (since their OFP to be exact) but recently they became the bitch of the fast money. Not valuing long term customers they can base on but some turn around internet bitches that go to bed with everyone that looks like fun and dumping him afterwards. Does BIS really think that DayZ at the current style of coding and development will be a great financial success? I somehow doubt that will ever happen.

And you can see the exact same thing why I despise this attitude so much right here in the thread. BIS fixed their weapon values for good (AFTER HOW MUCH FUCK1NG TIME!?!?!?) and then its all geared towards their precious DayZ and they go all clusterfuck about it. You cannot rely on these people. Xeno's missions still fill a handful of servers each evening. Benny's do fill about 2-3. After YEARS of no improvements made there. Do you really think that even one guy will care about the DayZ missions a year on from now if rocket would abandon all development? The problem with BIS' fix is that rocket implemented his system sloppy (like everything) and as soon as one thing gets changed he is all screwed with his mod. Just fire a M4 with SD ammo in it and you will see what I mean.

Yet another reason I can't play this mod on this patch level. It's bad enough I can barely join servers half the time in 1.7.2.4, now the decent pistols that kept you alive while lone-wolfing are useless. I just had to put 4 revolver shots into a single zed to put him down, that was before aggro'ing half of zeleno.

It's been fun but I think this mod is as broken as it can be. Hopefully if and/or when this game gets released standalone, the changes will actually be for DayZ's sake and not the base game. *sigh*

Yet another reason I can't play this mod on this patch level. It's bad enough I can barely join servers half the time in 1.7.2.4, now the decent pistols that kept you alive while lone-wolfing are useless. I just had to put 4 revolver shots into a single zed to put him down, that was before aggro'ing half of zeleno.

It's been fun but I think this mod is as broken as it can be. Hopefully if and/or when this game gets released standalone, the changes will actually be for DayZ's sake and not the base game. *sigh*

Did you shoot its legs? 3 shots deal more damage than it did before with 1.