A Zombie

this game is turning into a death match because zombies are easy.

I'm not porting a CoD Deathmatch agenda into this game, but you are porting a my little pony agenda of friendship and tollerance (or w/e those bronies sprout for bullsh!t) agenda where we should all hold hands and drink tea together. I actually quit playing CoD a long time ago as the modern warfare aspect is just complete shit (CoD2 best cod forever). In fact I like playing this game because in a way it reminds me of Soldner secret wars/marine corps but then without tanks/planes.

This game has nothing to offer that is not related to PvP one way or the other. If you are playing this game soley to survive solo in the woods or something maby you should consider quiting playing videogames and join a scout club instead.

I get enough living in the woods during FTXs. Thats why I'm trying to set up a player run safe zone in stary.

Edited by Orthus

However the PVP isn't what attracted and got me hooked.

This is why I say on top of adding more zombies, make ammo and weapons scarce. Like extremely scarce. They will think twice before using that precious bullet(or more) to put you down. Is it really worth that bullet to kill an unarmed fresh spawn? I wouldn't say so.

This is why I say on top of adding more zombies, make ammo and weapons scarce. Like extremely scarce. They will think twice before using that precious bullet(or more) to put you down. Is it really worth that bullet to kill an unarmed fresh spawn? I wouldn't say so.

More zombies is not the solution. The servers couldn't implement/path for them. And your gpu/cpu would have to hammer your fps in order to code for the volume of independent AI's. Harder/smarter zombies are the solution.

1. This is NOT a pve game.

2. You will, 100% NEVER be able to make an AI more dangerous than a player in this style game.

3. I don't play to dodge zombies, i play to dodge players as they present the better challenge.

4. Since when did aussies became such pussies?

1. This is NOT a pve game.

2. You will, 100% NEVER be able to make an AI more dangerous than a player in this style game.

3. I don't play to dodge zombies, i play to dodge players as they present the better challenge.

4. Since when did aussies became such pussies?

1. This is a PVE game, as well as PvP.

2. True

3. Not yet. You don't dodge zombies yet.

1. This is a PVE game, as well as PvP.

2. True

3. Not yet. You don't dodge zombies yet.

...and I would take it one step farther...

1. their should be no differentiation between PvP and PvE. PvP is PvE. The players ARE the environment.

You know if they really wanted to make this game realistic then getting attacked by zombie should have a chance of the player becoming infected with the zombie virus.

This, it makes no sense that dureing a zombie apocolypse there is no actual infection and i would personally love to see a group of bandits get bitten trying to loot a survivor they just killed. maybe make anti-biotics postpone the infection for another 24 hours or something. besides that as other have said ammo is to plentiful and zombies are to weak, I just raided an airfield and got an ak with 60 rounds, that is 60 dead zombies without even needing to headshot and the clips for it arn't exactly rare either.

This, it makes no sense that dureing a zombie apocolypse there is no actual infection and i would personally love to see a group of bandits get bitten trying to loot a survivor they just killed. maybe make anti-biotics postpone the infection for another 24 hours or something. besides that as other have said ammo is to plentiful and zombies are to weak, I just raided an airfield and got an ak with 60 rounds, that is 60 dead zombies without even needing to headshot and the clips for it arn't exactly rare either.

I was under the impression that we were immune to said virus.

Dunno about you, but I find zeds in 1.7.2.4 way harder to deal with. Hell, my friend and I (who are both rather experienced) nearly died in a supermarket today because of them!

thanks for all the input. didnt expect such a volume of responses. im glad that most agree with me to some level. and i agree, this isnt about pvp, nor do i want it to become pvp. it is about survival, team work, and experiencing problems one after another that never seem to go away simply to just SURVIVE. if you want to just pvp, go play cod, noob. and i loved that comment about 4chan, funny shit.

I hate people like you. The reason vvhy it is a "deathmatch" is because there is no reason to not kill a person, and every reason to. If I let an unarmed person go, he may later find a gun in that city, and shoot me. If I killed him, it costed me one bullet. If I'm lucky, he had some loot on him.

Its human nature. Every person is just a selfish bastard, some people are just LYING selfish bastards.

I hate people like you. The reason vvhy it is a "deathmatch" is because there is no reason to not kill a person, and every reason to. If I let an unarmed person go, he may later find a gun in that city, and shoot me. If I killed him, it costed me one bullet. If I'm lucky, he had some loot on him.

Its human nature. Every person is just a selfish bastard, some people are just LYING selfish bastards.

I agree, last night I let some unarmed guy pass through in the supermarket and just said 'Hi' then he came back with an axe and tried to murder me.

Needless to say, I popped a cap in his ass.

simple fix...

Remove fking hoarding of weapons, people should be scared to die not just "O I dies now I just run to my tent regear and go kill more" the ability to just farm for 2 hours and have back ups of EVERY weapon sitting beside you all the time is what makes people not care about constant deathmath, honestly the ability to gather rare weapons and weapons in general in such ease is just stupid, the only people that will disagree with me are the people who hoard weapons, if death actually meant something in this game now a days, then maybe we would not see so much of a deathmatch.

I am getting sick of this game and so are my friends and I know alot of the community is... u cant find anyone nice anymore, u cant shoot a zombie cause every idiot just rushes to your location hoping to kill you and thinks they are cool for doing it. (news flash you are not cool for killing a unarmed player you are nothing but a scared pansy)

Make it so when you shoot you're gun you cannot log out for atleast 1 minute, that includes alt + F4 < pressing this should honestly just kill you're character, or some kind of timer from logging out, cause sniping or killing someone then getting shot and alt+F4 is retarded and should not be allowed.

There is absolutely no need for teamwork in this mod, this should really be fixed the only thing u really need help with... Blood Bags, but that is simply countered by just eating friggen food.. FOOD SHOULD NOT GIVE BLOOD.

The ability to build a car etc is far too easy, it should take more parts and should require 2 people to fix the friggen thing, we do not have modern day tools it takes 2 people to put windows in and 2 people to fix the engine due to lack of modern day mechanic tools... if you know what I am trying to get at here.

I will be awaiting the 13 year old CoD childlike replies.

Edited by Strikers

There would be friendlies if there was side chat think about it fr a couple mins it all went down hill when it disappeared

Edited by XDARKNESS192

Logical fallacy: "DayZ is 'about' what I want it to be 'about.'"

Truth: DayZ is an open-ended, sandbox, adventure survival experience in which players create their own goals and playstyles. DayZ is the phenomenon it is precisely because of this fact.

If everyone had their way and made DayZ like favoriteGameX, DayZ would no longer be DayZ. I'm glad Rocket is in charge and no one else.

By the way: play 1.7.2.4. Zombies aren't so easy anymore. They can hear again. Now if you break a bone, you're toast, and even your buddies probably can't save you from the hordes of bloodthirsty monsters before you're dead.

I actually think they're a bit too much, now. Survivors will have to shoot zombies from farther away to avoid aggroing more, but this will make them more vulnerable to other survivors who hear the gunfire. But maybe this is just a case of survivors needing to adapt.

Remember: DayZ is something new and different. I am mystified as to why people want to take the adventure out of DayZ and make it like some other game.

Bottom line: Adapt to the experience--don't adapt the experience to yourself.

• Like 1

if players are afraid of the zombies MORE than other players then we will start banding together again because we NEED each other to get the lewts.

Players already band together. I *rarely* run into a solo player anymore unless it's on the coast. But there is a point of diminishing returns for grouping (and in fact, having too many people can start becoming a PROBLEM; it's better to split your group into sub-groups and run different missions if you have, say, 10 people). Not only that, it's just too risky to trust a random into your group -- why take that risk when you can meta the game and pre-make your group with people you trust (or come to trust) on forums/irc/irl/whatever.

If you want to have friendly, social behavior in DayZ, then there needs to be goals that require 30+ people, where the group is always happy to have another helping hand. Base building is a start where players may be able to make trade cities (city owners/guards can then live off trade commissions instead of having to farm more dangerous areas). Maybe add various crafting skills (that you lose on death) -- maybe a bullet smith can trade ammo for meds from a doctor, but to make ammo he needs to trade some of the meds to the explosives guy who makes the gun powder. With the expected life spans, many players might actually choose to just specialize as it would take too long to raise every skill only to die and lose it all. Other players might help shuttle the goods around from base to base, server to server (hopefully just ONE server a la EVE when rocket is finished).

In short, let's just wait and see how base building affects the equation.

you 'hate' people like me? 'hate'? what are you, 13. you dont even know what it takes to hate somone but im not going into that. grow up and go back to cod you child.

you 'hate' people like me? 'hate'? what are you, 13. you dont even know what it takes to hate somone but im not going into that. grow up and go back to cod you child.

Oh because someone has a different perspective of 'hate' he must be 13, and he must play COD! Dude, just because someone plays COD dosn't make them a fanboy neither a child. Humans are built to survive, some people take real life mentality to games, others don't.