0blivian

!Important Look!

Hello there Dayz community this is 0blivian,or th3 l3g3nd what ever you wish to call me i would like to express some (ideas) that i have to improve this game am going to list them below then explain why i think they should be implemented note: i been playing the game for around a week now but i known about it for way longer

-----------------------IDEAS-------------------------------

Bring back the starting hand gun

Log Out penalty

-------------Explanation--------------------------------------

first i would like to talki about the starting wepond i am aware that not long ago everyone started out with a pistol and it was removed becouse everyone just camped the spawn locations for noobs to kill them an have more ammo but i thought about a really simple fix for this big issue that fix is.. for example make it so when you spawn you have about 10 minutes of Invulnerability but only vulnerable against other players hurting you.keep in mind zombies will still be able to eat you :D but you may not harm other players and they may not harm you that gives you a fair ammount of time to leave the area or find a different server and solves the issue of spawn campers also if player start with a gun its easier for them to progress in the game and they would have fun,rather than keep getting eaten by zombies an wanting to use hacks becouse theres no other way to have fun

log out penalty- this seems to be a really big problem in the community after playing for a few days i realised its impossible to actually kill anyone without the element of suprise for example having night vision and stalking them at night time, every thing a player sees you an thinks you are going to harm him theym simply abort but theres also a simple fix for this issue, example if you are in combat there should be a system which does not let you abort out of the game until you been out of combat or contact with another player for about 60 seconds, this gives you the chance to run an escape and log out if you wish but also gives the other player a chance to fairly kill you.

-edit- i understand someone asked about what defines contact?..well make it if you have been shot then you cannot log out for 60 seconds. without being shot or hurt by a player

log in Invulnerable- this is simple an wont talk about much simply give a player who has just logged in about 5 mins of vulnerability to move around an hide note: agan make them not able to attack others only zombies

------------------------------------------------------------ Discuss Below Your Ideas-----------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by 0blivian

Vulnerable means you can be hurt. Invulnerable means you can't.

Now you know.

Vulnerable means you can be hurt. Invulnerable means you can't.

Now you know.

actually am aware of that but i was not thinking straight =P thx for letting me know tho

Logout penalty is rediculous. Many times my wife or child is screaming for me and I must logout and go can't sit there and worry about protecting myself till I am out of the game.

Wrong board, first off.

As for the ideas.

Starting with a weapon allows for certain PK playstyles.

The log out penalty isn't a great idea either. What defines combat/contact? Someone is watching you nearby, but you're not aware. That would still be contact- suddenly you can't leave the game, and you have no idea why. You become trapped.

Being invulnerable at the start is just weak. Under no circumstance should this occur.

Logout penalty is rediculous. Many times my wife or child is screaming for me and I must logout and go can't sit there and worry about protecting myself till I am out of the game.

same for me ,but its more of a problem people log out to unfairly escape than for those reasons but thx for your opinion=] please spread the thread

Wrong board, first off.

As for the ideas.

Starting with a weapon allows for certain PK playstyles.

The log out penalty isn't a great idea either. What defines combat/contact? Someone is watching you nearby, but you're not aware. That would still be contact- suddenly you can't leave the game, and you have no idea why. You become trapped.

Being invulnerable at the start is just weak. Under no circumstance should this occur.

these are my ideas, everyone has their opinions tho=] being invulnerable against player an not being able to hurt them either prevents spawn camps and over all i see nothing wrong with it

well the log out penalty is only if you are in combat if you actually reAD

these are my ideas, everyone has their opinions tho=] being invulnerable against player an not being able to hurt them either prevents spawn camps and over all i see nothing wrong with it

Yes they are, and yes they do.

You start on the coast. You begin moving towards town. when your invulnerability expires, your ass is far more likely to be gunned down by someone else who has been coastal through their duration as well. Why? Because they have a gun immediately, and that allows PKing on the coast to occur more easily.

Yes they are, and yes they do.

You start on the coast. You begin moving towards town. when your invulnerability expires, your ass is far more likely to be gunned down by someone else who has been coastal through their duration as well. Why? Because they have a gun immediately, and that allows PKing on the coast to occur more easily.

you do realize this fixes the issue about spawn campers killing noobs for their ammo an gun ? that means more people would enjoy the game. rather than login be eaten by zombies an log out.. this actually gives you a chance to run an find a hide out, to be safe ,also people would not want to script as much as they have a gun they can work with an protect themself.rather than be eaten by zombies about 20 times before finding any town an finding a gun, with these zombies no cliping into houses its not easy to escape

Here's another problem with ten minutes (or any minutes of) invulnerability. A clan member chooses to die. His clan mates pick him up at the coast with a vehicle. They give him back all his weapons they've been holding for him. They take him to Cherno in 30 seconds and he gets 9 minutes to run around Cherno killing people while he's invincible. Even if you don't allow him to harm other players during the ten minutes it still gives him ten minutes of invulnerability to find a perfect spot or even wait by a poor fellow and open fire from a perfect spot the second his damage nerf goes away

log in Invulnerable- this is simple an wont talk about much simply give a player who has just logged in about 5 mins of vulnerability to move around an hide note: agan make them not able to attack others only zombies

You just went full retard on that. 5 or 10 secs invulnerable is fine, but 5 minutes? Please... lol

You do realize by 'fixing' that problem you create different ones?

And it is not hard to find a gun. At all.

Well we should probably ignore a big problem with the game so that your family can save 30 seconds yelling for you.

Starting gun, No thx. starting hatchet yes thanks ;). also yea you should be immune to getting killed for like a few sec when you log in, since the "setup completed" is there for some secs before you are in, even though your already in the game. log out should take some time like a timer when you alt-f4/abort you should stay in the game for like 10 sec.

• Like 1

Heres my 2 Cents,

Remove NV gogs from game, and make night time more common than day....

And keep the music on for lols....

but meh, that would be enjoying the game for what it really is.... :D

Let the players start with a simple hatchet. They can kill zombies, and players won't kill them for "ammo". When you log out, they should may it so your actual body is still in the game for another 30-60 seconds, so that the player or zombies can still kill you. Upon log in they should make you invulnerable for about 10 seconds, since your body appears for a few seconds before you can actually control your character.

I've played when we had starting pistols. I've played when they took them away. I prefer running around vulnerable. I prefer fearing Zombies and players alike. I prefer running through houses, praying that there's a pistol, or hopping into barns for a hatchet. It's just a matter of adjusting.

NO to starting with a hatchet. Just because it doesn't have ammo for someone to kill you for, I'd kill you for the sheer fact that you have a weapon, and if desperate enough, you'll kill me just as easily for my Ammo. Why do you need to start with something that in reality isn't that hard to obtain?

I don't agree with the minutes, or even seconds of invulnerability on login. Be smart where you park yourself. If you're going to server hop in high-traffic areas, you need to reap those consequences. If you're not going to log yourself somewhere safe, that's on you.

Devs are currently working on a fix for the dc'ers. Let the professionals do what the professionals do best.

Edited by Baelethal

Yesterday I had a sniper with a DMR log in on top of the hospital roof in elektro, probably so he could blow the heads off of innocent new-spawns, where I was gathering medical supplies for myself. I promptly shot him three times with my enfield, which wouldn't have been possible had he been invulnerable. No beans to you sir.

Add weapons at the start so you can come back and complain about beach party spawn killings? No thanks.

are you stupid? theres many ways it can be fixed.. some of which i sayd

Here's my (idea): use the search function. None of your (ideas) are even remotely new.

Here's my (idea): use the search function. None of your (ideas) are even remotely new.

you think i give a shit?