Chewbacca Jesus

If Rocket Didn't Push Out The Patch, Surely There's Some Way He Can Un-nerf/Reason With The Devs.

M1911 was like the only handgun choice before, you'd toss away M9 SD, G17 etc. for it and those are much more rare.

Have you even tried those two guns? The M9SD has a deeper magazine, and is silenced. You can clear out villages without alarming any zeds by calmly popping the ones in your way in the head. A glock has a deeper magazine and has lower recoil. Their advantages over the m1911 do exist, are realistic, and are obvious.

I don't really mind the changes to pistol damage, though a 1/4 damage nerf would've been more preferable, but the nerf to smgs and Warsaw Pact weapons makes them almost useless. Good luck killing those Alt-F4 commandos.

• Like 1

Except this was an arma update, not dayz.

That doesn't mean anything when Rocket is capable of modifying the mod to compensate for the ARMA patch or just changing the damage models to whatever he wishes.

Going to have to agree. They should leave ArmA alone. Not catering to the CoD crowd is the reason why I have stuck with it so long. This is a bad move.

Idiotic change the ARMA devs have made. The .45 sidearms are a higher caliber than most of the guns yet they're practically useless. Makes no sense. The only thing this has done is give snipers even more power and will make more geared players even more aggressive.

M9 SD > G17 > 1911 in my world. The M9 SD suits my play style better, but since it is fairly rare I usually run around w/ 1911, and I usually try for the head shot anyway.

Hope rocket modifies the mod to fix them back to their usual values because honestly all this does is make the game even more into Sniper Simulator instead of Dayz. notice not a single sniper rifle nerf?

I didn't even consider the fact this gives alt+f4 cunts more of a chance to bail until just then.

True, true.

• Like 1

I didn't even consider the fact this gives alt+f4 cunts more of a chance to bail until just then.

This is the only thing I'm worried about but I digress.

I don't have a problem with alt-f4 faggotry because I am armed with a L85 AWS, M107 and an M9SD(no mags lol). One shot killing works wonders for that bullshit.

If you're shooting the Zeds in the body with the pistol...the fuck is wrong with you, boy?

• Like 2

So at full health, a player can take 10-11 .44 magnum shots now? That screams retarded, sorry

mind telling me what .44 magnum you're talking about?

QQ?

the damage changes make sense and weapons are more balanced. Like now there is a reason to get FAL instead of AKM .

or other pistols instead of revolver/1911

Guns don't get "balanced" because one is better than the other irl.

Guns should have their more realistic damage values compared to their real weapon counterparts.

• Like 1

I love the gun nerf. Makes it more interesting. If you can't adapt, play something else. :D

Plus, shoot the zombies in the friggin' head and don't waste ammo like a tard on body shots.

Edited by Nashy08

Lol @ the adapt or quit comments. If all you do is agree with everything he does you miss the point of even having an alpha.

• Like 1

I love the gun nerf. Makes it more interesting. If you can't adapt, play something else. :D

Plus, shoot the zombies in the friggin' head and don't waste ammo like a tard on body shots.

The gun nerf doesnt make sense. It doesn't apply to DayZ at all. If it did, I imagine it'd be different weapons being nerfed. But what do I know, I'm just going to fucking snipe you in a fit of rage

• Like 2

Lol @ the adapt or quit comments. If all you do is agree with everything he does you miss the point of even having an alpha.

Rocket is the god of this world. What he does goes, he's not making the game to please a minority. He's making his vision and using alpha to work out the bugs on his vision. When the god of DayZ changes something, adapt. If something changes in real life, say it's sunny when you want rain, do you sit there and pout and cry at someone to fix it? No, you adapt and put on your damn sun block.

Edited by Nashy08

I love this update.

You can't go for 100% realism, you have to compromise sometimes for balance purposes, otherwise every single gun would 1 shot to the chest.

M1911 was like the only handgun choice before, you'd toss away M9 SD, G17 etc. for it and those are much more rare.

Why don't you find something better to complain about.

If you want to complain about realism: 1 sniper shot to the toe kills you, maybe that's unrealistic.

In terms of bandit skin:

You can't go for 100% realism, you have to compromise sometimes for balance purposes, otherwise everyone would be a killer as you can see while playing dayz

( maybe not everyone, but at least 95%)

But this is foolish right? cause realism is important right? but when weapons are concerned then realism can take a back seat? If the al might devs think its a good choice( not rocket, but the BI devs) then its ok?

( not saying this about you, but just in general)

I really like the handgun nerfs, I've always been a headshot shooter when using my sidearm so it allows me to feel a little safer that I cant get ran up on and blasted with an m1911 as easily. Anyone who is arguing the gun change going against "realism" in Dayz likely hasn't played the mod yet or barely started because Dayz doesn't really capture any kind of realism...you can fit an engine in your pack for less slots than a gun...

• Like 2

Rocket is the god of this world. What he does goes, he's not making the game to please a minority. He's making his vision and using alpha to work out the bugs on his vision. When the god of DayZ changes something, adapt. If something changes in real life, say it's sunny when you want rain, do you sit there and pout and cry at someone to fix it? No, you adapt and put on your damn sun block.

Rocket had nothing to do with this nerf. The arma game existed before he came along. The nerf was a patch for that game, designed by different developers. Dayz is affected because it uses the same engine.

Is there actually any official answer/stance on changes for damage of weapons? I thought that was some kind of bug that got brought with 1.62 full and will get fixed in next DayZ version.

I am not against the changes, I just had impression pistols do less damage because of the some kind of bug(s) not because that was intended by Rocket.

P.S.

Only complain I have is that this mod tries to go realistic as it can but now pistols like Revolver and M1911 do less damage then pistols with weaker caliber, that is just plain stupid. All I am saying, if this was intentional change at least do it right.

You are mistaken, he does want feedback. Also, if something in real life changes I look for a fix. A fix in this case would be to open Rocket's eyes to my issue. Just as you would with a God of any world, you would open their eyes to your issue. In fact, you cannot relate a world in which you are aware of a God with one you are not, it does nothing for your cause.

• Like 1

Okay look the game is going for realism here and anyone who wants to change that should just go play L4D or something. Honestly I come onto the forums and see a bunch of people saying things like "There should be more Zombies" or "Zombies should run faster" and it is actually really dumb. As I just said some people want to turn this game into L4D for whatever reason. Now the guns have been nerfed and there are two sides here. My opinion is that nerfed guns is a bad idea. As well people getting killed with one shot is REALISTIC. That is what the game is about. But of course there are some people who think that the pvp in game is better off as a crapy free online FPS where it take an entire clip to kill someone. I personally think that people who support the gun nerf are idiots and should just go and play some crapy free online FPS instead tryinng to ruin a good game for everyone else.

As for the pistol issue I ditches my 1911 for a m9 cus now they r about the same dammage just I get 8 more shots with the m9.

The new weapon damage makes very little sense for DayZ, and I hope the ArmA2 devs revert the change, or change all the weapons to suit so Rocket can change our blood levels to compensate. As it it, three .45 rounds to the chest is going to kill an unarmored person. Ingame, it now takes 9-10. If you shot someone with that many .45s you are now staring at a mess, as that is a definition of overkill.

Also, the nerf to AK-74s and variants were unneeded. As well as the nerf to the Lee Enfield. How that round now does LESS damage than a .308 at the same ranges is confusing. Hit someone close range, and you might as well send Superman to punch them, full strength, in the gut. But ingame, they bandage and run away...

Also, this patch made the pathetic MP5 even more worthless. Seriously, 889 damage per round? WTF?

Please Rocket, try to get the ArmA2 devs to revert or finish the changes. I can take less blood with less damage, but the changes the way they are make little sense. Just look at the .45 ACP compared to 5.56 NATO. Look at it. LOOK AT IT!!

• Like 2