Chewbacca Jesus

If Rocket Didn't Push Out The Patch, Surely There's Some Way He Can Un-nerf/Reason With The Devs.

Let's face it, the reason for Arma 2's sales is because of Rocket and DayZ. I think he holds more power than he knows. If the community speak up about the nerfs, then surely he'll be able to reason with the devs/release a counter patch or something.

• Like 5

QQ?

the damage changes make sense and weapons are more balanced. Like now there is a reason to get FAL instead of AKM .

or other pistols instead of revolver/1911

• Like 4

Mad Gelo is just a troll, the vast majority of players hate this new update.

All it does is stray from realism and give more geared veterans an even greater advantage, as essentially all the guns not common didn't get nerfed but everything else did...

.45 would kill a person in the chest easy irl so why make it unable to kill something supposedly weaker than a person?

• Like 1

QQ?

the damage changes make sense and weapons are more balanced. Like now there is a reason to get FAL instead of AKM .

Pistols are now borderline useless, especially against players.

• Like 1

All it does is stray from realism and give more geared veterans an even greater advantage, as essentially all the guns not common didn't get nerfed but everything else did...

.45 would kill a person in the chest easy irl so why make it unable to kill something supposedly weaker than a person?

LOL, vast majority? you mean all 20 noobs who come to QQ ? yeah!!!

adapt or die, but dont come to QQ here

• Like 3

LOL, vast majority? you mean all 20 noobs who come to QQ ? yeah!!!

Only one noob QQ here, and it's MadGelo.

Edited by lontorion
  • Like 2

This thought process is counter productive to the mod's improvement.

• Like 3

anyone knows if pistol headshot still kills in one shot? or has that been *fixed* too?

QQ?

Why? Neither the FAL or the AKM changed. And "other pistols," only makes a little sense, seeing as how the 9mm were nerfed as well. (Also, most people will use a FAL over an AKM, if it weren't for the fact they only came from crash sites along with their ammo, while AKM's are pretty darn plentiful in ammo and the weapon itself, OH and the AKM can be zeroed.)

At least LOOK at the changes before saying something in defense of them. They changes are quite obvious from an ARMA 2 stand point, not Day Z. It shouldn't take upwards to 14 9mm rounds to kill somone. Normal Arma 2 players don't have 12k hp like we do in Day Z. Not to mention you can't kill a full health player with either a M1911, nor a Revolver with their entire magazine, barring headshots and bleeding damage.

http://dayzdb.com/

IMHO it doesn't affect me much, only sidearm I rely on is my M9 SD, in which I tend to go for headshots anyways. However it does somewhat ruin the effectiveness of the MP5 and Bizon just enough that the M4 SD is a much better alternative.

Also, one more thing, this was an ARMA 2 PATCH, not a Day Z one. It wasn't centered around Day Z and the changes are obvious of that with what I previously stated. Adapt or die attitude toward is somethimg completely ridiculous when this mod is going for just as much realism as normal Arma, as the changes are much more in line with Arma 2 than Day Z. People keep throwing all kind of nonsensical comments around thinking this update was for Day Z. Most of these people are ones who bought Arma 2, soley for Day Z, and more than likely haven't touched the non-modded game much at all.

Edited by NocturnalS1n
  • Like 12

Honestly I think your only posting here to exponentiate your minority view that you're clinging to so you can keep your advantage over newer, less experienced, and less geared players.

Edited by lontorion

i come to the forums to express my feedback to Rocket for this alpha test.

My feedback is: Nerfed guns are bad idea, please keep them realistic, not MMO style all the same dmg balance.

• Like 6

I love this update.

You can't go for 100% realism, you have to compromise sometimes for balance purposes, otherwise every single gun would 1 shot to the chest.

M1911 was like the only handgun choice before, you'd toss away M9 SD, G17 etc. for it and those are much more rare.

Why don't you find something better to complain about.

If you want to complain about realism: 1 sniper shot to the toe kills you, maybe that's unrealistic.

• Like 3

Honestly I think your only posting here to exponentiate your minority view that you're clinging to so you can keep your advantage over newer, less experienced, and less geared players.

That's not it at all. My squad roles with a FAL, an LW and a DMR so we aren't effected. What is effected, however, is the realism factor. I play DayZ because it's different. The last thing I want is for it to become like COD.

• Like 1

I love this update.

You can't go for 100% realism, you have to compromise sometimes for balance purposes, otherwise every single gun would 1 shot to the chest.

M1911 was like the only handgun choice before, you'd toss away M9 SD, G17 etc. for it and those are much more rare.

Why don't you find something better to complain about.

If you want to complain about realism: 1 sniper shot to the toe kills you, maybe that's unrealistic.

and why exactly should more rare guns=more power? The m9sd and g17 are much quieter and offer a different adavantage but do less damage.

sniper comment was pretty irrelevant since i was using the chest as a context.....

At least it makes it so that people don't suddenly get die in one shot out of nowhere though I don't really care.

Its all that people have been complaining about and now that its fixed they want it again?

I think that the damage nerfs are stupid. .45 caliber weapon destroys human tissue... that's why many members of the special forces choose to use the m1911 as a sidearm. You dont want to have to worry about them getting back up after one shot... and they dont!

• Like 7

At least it makes it so that people don't suddenly get die in one shot out of nowhere though I don't really care.

Its all that people have been complaining about and now that its fixed they want it again?

If you're getting shot of nowhere then you were just caught off guard fair in square and you'd probably get killed anyway. Basiclly what you're implying is that damage should be lower so you can alt+f4.

• Like 3

the handgun dmg nerfs are a little TOO much

the enfield nerf on the other hand IMO is alright and in conjunction with the ak74 nerfs

I think that the damage nerfs are stupid. .45 caliber weapon destroys human tissue... that's why many members of the special forces choose to use the m1911 as a sidearm. You dont want to have to worry about them getting back up after one shot... and they dont!

if you think the .45 is an IRL insta gg after 1 shot then you're not very familiar with firearms - shot placement is most important

"many" doesn't really justify anything, it's not exclusive....nor is .45 exclusive to the 1911 - HK and glock are pretty "common" choices for individuals within SF units...often in 9mm

Edited by ih8
  • Like 1

QQ?

I just wanted to point out that you're a retard, and it doesn't balance shit.

• Like 2

Only time, and collected data, will tell how the new damage models will affect Rocket's decisions for future patches.

Only time, and collected data, will tell how the new damage models will affect Rocket's decisions for future patches.

Except this was an arma update, not dayz.