infinitegrim

Of course, my luck....M136 Rocket Launcher...

We've gone to full 70 man servers looking to kill people at teh NWAF, and from our observations. The less amount of players on server, the higher your chances of finding a person at the NWAF. We could never find anyone at the NWAF on packed servers.

But since you will most likely try to refute my statement....Do you expect us to ditch our own server that we pay for because its not full? We can put up with the dark, its not our fault others cannot.

I am looting NWAF right now, it's easy as shit if it's nighttime. Got myself a new PDW.

And I don't expect you to leave the server, I expect you to not move tincans so you get another lootrun for free. That empty lootspot cycle is only supposed to be for players that are approaching. There is a seperate one for replacing loot.

Edited by Atanar

There is a seperate one for replacing loot.

There is an ATTEMPT for replacing loot, Its not working.

There is always a fear of farming NWAF at night with server hoppers or snipers. Stop complaining. I can tell you are inexperienced because you said "I got a PDW"

PDW is common and not that great.

Edited by U.B.C.S. Ravin

DayZ staff reports farming loot isn't an exploit.

That's your dayz staff right there, probably more important than some forum moderators who have nothing to do with the game devellopment:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BlHvh0JVuk at about 10:00 he talks about loot cycling.

"It is something we need to look at and fix"

Edited by Atanar

Right, it 'needs to be fixed' doesn't mean 'it is an exploit'. Just like 'Zombies need to be fixed.'

You are taking something way out of context. A lot of things need to be fixed.

Does he say its an exploit? No. Does he say it needs to be fixed, adjusted, and toned? Yes, It does. I agree it does.

Is it an exploit and bannable like you are crying it to be? No, Its not.

To clarify, "We need to tidy it up, fixing something like that will cause the game to break and we don't want that." "Exploiting is in the eyes of the beholder." "I would call it a poor system of loot."

However, if you want to fix the problem of loot, bring it up in the suggestion thread. This thread is about the M136, :3

I will thank you for linking me this Dev commentary. This actually strengthens the current loot farming guide and encourages Devs to get a better loot system.

Edited by U.B.C.S. Ravin

Didn't read the whole thread but it looked like it turned out to be a massive shit fight over loot cycling so here's my opinion of course.

No problem with it as long as you arn't doing it on a server that has about 3 other people online, if you loot cycle on populated servers and can survive that's harder than actually looting.

I can tell you are inexperienced because you said "I got a PDW"

PDW is common and not that great.

That's a bit off topic, I know, but I want that to be clarified:

I only mentioned it because I already have everything I could want besides a good sidegun (and heli loot, but that's another story)

The arma2 weapon nerf bug just recently made it the best sidearm in my opinion. Highest damage output in close range, feeds all 9mm magazines and is fairly accurate against zombies on semi.

Who needs the 9mm SD that misses a headshot on 15m distance and has the rarest sidearm magazines? If I wan to be silent I use my silenced assault rifle.

I didn't mean to mention it because it was rare which it isnt.

On the topic: Rocket lauchers need not only to be fixed, but also made more common in military loot (for a more credible setting, I mean, even the smallest military units have them - opposed to anti-material-snipers)

Edited by Atanar

If the server isnt locked and is free for anyone to loot and they manage to hold the area down and defend it who cares if they take the loot out to respawn more in?

Hey guys, this thread got me fully interested.

I am trying to play this game as legit as it can and yesterday I was doing this "loot cycling" as you call it. My reasoning behind it was "Oh well, trash spawned, why shouldn't I move it - it will help me and maybe others to get better spawns", I honestly didn't know if it will work, never heard about this before (but I just recently started visiting forums outside of Announcements part). Was totally surprised when I saw new batch of loot respawned in matter of minutes. I was at tents with two friends on server with quite a few people (20-25) while it was day time, two of us got killed while being near tents (twice even!) but at the end of the day we went out of that place with better loot then we had before and we even left few nice weapons for other people who visit that place to take.

My question is, did we do something wrong - something that can be said to be exploiting? Is it forbiden or bannable offense? After all we played on random half-full (which is of course not ours, and never got locked in any moment) while it was day and we even died doing that.

Kinda in big dilemma, I watched that Rocket interview someone posted and even after watching couldn't say if he thinks it's exploit that is forbiden. I guess if you have your own, locked, server or you do it on absolutely empty server while it is night it could and should be characterized as cheating... but on legit server with people, crowded place, and daytime... I would say it is just taking advantage of not finished loot mechanic that can't be fully attributed to cheating nor exploiting.

Is there any official word (from Rocket or other dev) about it on forums that you can link to me?

Hey guys, this thread got me fully interested.

I am trying to play this game as legit as it can and yesterday I was doing this "loot cycling" as you call it. My reasoning behind it was "Oh well, trash spawned, why shouldn't I move it - it will help me and maybe others to get better spawns", I honestly didn't know if it will work, never heard about this before (but I just recently started visiting forums outside of Announcements part). Was totally surprised when I saw new batch of loot respawned in matter of minutes. I was at tents with two friends on server with quite a few people (20-25) while it was day time, two of us got killed while being near tents (twice even!) but at the end of the day we went out of that place with better loot then we had before and we even left few nice weapons for other people who visit that place to take.

My question is, did we do something wrong - something that can be said to be exploiting? Is it forbiden or bannable offense? After all we played on random half-full (which is of course not ours, and never got locked in any moment) while it was day and we even died doing that.

Kinda in big dilemma, I watched that Rocket interview someone posted and even after watching couldn't say if he thinks it's exploit that is forbiden. I guess if you have your own, locked, server or you do it on absolutely empty server while it is night it could and should be characterized as cheating... but on legit server with people, crowded place, and daytime... I would say it is just taking advantage of not finished loot mechanic that can't be fully attributed to cheating nor exploiting.

Is there any official word (from Rocket or other dev) about it on forums that you can link to me?

I agree, but most people really do it on empty servers. Noone can ban you for using that, and it's not forbidden. Let's just say it's "unwanted" because of balancing reasons. Items that are supposed to be rare aren't really, and that can be traced back to mostly item duping and hackers, but also to loot cycling.

It's quite funny to see people complaining about the thread when you can see by their tone how jealous they are.

I go into servers with 30-40 people sometimes and I find no one at the NW Airfield. Sometimes me and my friends find a sniper or a guy looting the Barracks, but that's why we're loaded with weapons.

I am also quite angry about things. Can I join? aww fuck, I got here after most of the rage died off.

I just wanted to be cool.

• Like 1

Are me and my mates Loot cycling right? There was 37 people online, we killed 3 people while we were in stary filling the bus up. Good thing for Overwatch!

BlFZF.jpg

Edited by osiriszoran
  • Like 1

nice, farming barracks, probably on an empty/passed server

gelo you need to have your interwebz disabled until you actually know what an adult is. -.-

>exploiting loot spawns

>they have an ATV so they are obviously not server-hopping

What the fuck are you guys on about? These guys seem completely legit and I don't see any reason to not believe them.

>exploiting loot spawns

>they have an ATV so they are obviously not server-hopping

What the fuck are you guys on about? These guys seem completely legit and I don't see any reason to not believe them.

welcome to the forum, one of the most childish and a copy of 4chan, i hope you enjoy your stay. Its pretty lame, but remember, they are slaves to society, and they are gonna get major farged in 2 months, that is what keeps me going :)

Edited by Zyfer

Luckily there is nothing good in starry anyways bamnmmmmmmmnm

DMRs, 50 cals, GPS, ammo, grenades. M24s, etc

We were at the NWAF before and no one was around so we got bored and headed to stary as we usually find some action there and we did. It was mostly for the lulz of having a bus and the audacity to load it up with stuff right at the tents.

Wait something on your list is good?

Fail Troll.

Sorry i dont dupe NVGs, L85s, AS50s, etc

Edited by osiriszoran

Fail Troll.

Sorry i dont dupe NVGs, L85s, AS50s, etc

I'd give you my beans but I haven't found more yet.

Na, thanks to all the flaws in the alpha, when we moved our base a few days ago all of our shit dupes on every restart now. Its boring to have so many of every item in the game